Zobel's Blog:What I'm Hearing

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
http://draftheadquarters.com/dhqblogs/

What I’m Hearing – 4/19
April 19th, 2011 Fresh off the phone with my sources, I’ve got some more information on team’s expectations heading into the homestretch before the draft. Not as detailed, but I tried to touch on every team, including some player news. Here we go:

1. Carolina – Nothing has changed. All signs continue to point to Cam being the first pick.
9. Dallas – All I hear is Tyron Smith.
10. Washington – Like I’ve mentioned, they want a QB. Jake Locker appears to be the favorite right now.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
RS12;3913973 said:
Who is Zobel?

Lol, I think Zobel is a computer programmer by day, draftnik by night. When he says "from what I hear" that means to say what he's gathered and parroted from other draft websites.

burmafrd

Reaction score
TheCount;3913955 said:
He said no to taking Smith @ #9, actually.

9. Dallas – I’ve been told that Tyron Smith is their guy. Some have speculated that pass rusher, defensive end, or corner could all be options. But from everything I’m hearing, Smith will be the pick here.

That is from his entry for April 13.

Gaede

Reaction score
realtick;3913993 said:
Lol, I think Zobel is a computer programmer by day, draftnik by night. When he says "from what I hear" that means to say what he's gathered and parroted from other draft websites.

haha that's what I think too. certainly don't think he's calling teams, speaking to insiders and hobnobbing with general managers.

'from everything i'm hearing' is just the same crap we're already privy too

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Gaede;3914010 said:
haha that's what I think too. certainly don't think he's calling teams, speaking to insiders and hobnobbing with general managers.

'from everything i'm hearing' is just the same crap we're already privy too

I dont know honestly zoners; i just gather draft info i find, i have about 34 draft sites i visit now for draft info and draft stuff on cowboys, so then i will post it and i try to share it with you

:cool:

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
The kid's personality makes him almost impossible to like no matter how accurate or how many sources he has.

I have spoken to him a few times and he does release some good information but I can't get over his desire for attention or constant crying when he does not get it and god forbid you question him, he will stalk the crap out of you.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
SDogo;3914214 said:
The kid's personality makes him almost impossible to like no matter how accurate or how many sources he has.

I have spoken to him a few times and he does release some good information but I can't get over his desire for attention or constant crying when he does not get it and god forbid you question him, he will stalk the crap out of you.

I'm confused by this post. Are you talking about two different people between the first and second paragraph? Beyond that, who are you talking about specifically?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
SDogo;3914214 said:

are you talking about Zobel Sdogo? I noticed on his 13th blog, that some info followed the lines of what tfydraft was saying.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
I think Dallas will take Tyron Smith but not at 9, but at 14.
From everything I have read Detroit really wants Prince and St.Louis wants Julio Jones.
9. Dallas trades with St.Luois to get Jones
10. Washington trades back with Detroit so Detoit gets Prince
11. Houston takes Quinn or A.Smith whom ever left.
12. Minny either takes Locker or trades back with SD so SD takes Jordan
13. Washington takes Locker if there if not they take BPA pass rusher
14. Dallas takes Tyron Smith

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
supercowboy8;3914249 said:
I think Dallas will take Tyron Smith but not at 9, but at 14.
From everything I have read Detroit really wants Prince and St.Louis wants Julio Jones.
9. Dallas trades with St.Luois to get Jones
10. Washington trades back with Detroit so Detoit gets Prince
11. Houston takes Quinn or A.Smith whom ever left.
12. Minny either takes Locker or trades back with SD so SD takes Jordan
13. Washington takes Locker if there if not they take BPA pass rusher
14. Dallas takes Tyron Smith

That would be great.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
realtick;3914250 said:
That would be great.

If we come away with Tyron Smith, it would be great. I think you are playing a risky game trading down to 14 still expecting to get him though. I don't care what anyone says about what Detroit needs. I know Detroit likes Smith too.

SDogo

Reaction score
nyc;3914219 said:
I'm confused by this post. Are you talking about two different people between the first and second paragraph? Beyond that, who are you talking about specifically?

Zobel, it was all about him :D

jblaze2004

Reaction score
nyc;3914321 said:
If we come away with Tyron Smith, it would be great. I think you are playing a risky game trading down to 14 still expecting to get him though. I don't care what anyone says about what Detroit needs. I know Detroit likes Smith too.

especially if they want there QB to stay off the IR list. Detroit line is pretty bad unless they turn into big time spenders in FA and spend some money on some Olinemen.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
SDogo;3914344 said:
Zobel, it was all about him :D

do you think tryfdraft is one of his sources SDogo? Seems like his 13th observations, matched some of the things tfydraft was saying, so maybe he is doing what someone is saying, getting stuff off of internet and putting it all together on his blog or something like that; :cool:

or does he actually know some sources with gms, owners and coaches as well as players, i try to post stuff you know for you all, that is actual and factual :cool:

oh by the way, weve got about 80 players that the cowboys are interested in and interviewed, silverbear said he would have his list out early the first part of this week, his excel document is always good and informal as yours is;

SDogo

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3914391 said:
do you think tryfdraft is one of his sources SDogo? Seems like his 13th observations, matched some of the things tfydraft was saying, so maybe he is doing what someone is saying, getting stuff off of internet and putting it all together on his blog or something like that; :cool:

or does he actually know some sources with gms, owners and coaches as well as players, i try to post stuff you know for you all, that is actual and factual :cool:

oh by the way, weve got about 80 players that the cowboys are interested in and interviewed, silverbear said he would have his list out early the first part of this week, his excel document is always good and informal as yours is;

There is a story behind him, it was 2 or 3 years ago now, I cant remember but he hit on a pretty big scoop well before anyone else and it picked up national attention among the draft geek world. He skated off it for a while and decided to expand on it. Every now and then he released something you wont find other places and when he does it's usually pretty accurate but a good majority of the time he spins the same thing about the same time as everyone else then goes Ape S*** when he does not get the attention for it.

He and Evan Silva have a good little tweeter war going on right now that is entertaining. Speaking of someone with good stuff, not so much insider information but good solid draft information I would check out Evan Silva.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
SDogo;3914477 said:
There is a story behind him, it was 2 or 3 years ago now, I cant remember but he hit on a pretty big scoop well before anyone else and it picked up national attention among the draft geek world. He skated off it for a while and decided to expand on it. Every now and then he released something you wont find other places and when he does it's usually pretty accurate but a good majority of the time he spins the same thing about the same time as everyone else then goes Ape S*** when he does not get the attention for it.

He and Evan Silva have a good little tweeter war going on right now that is entertaining. Speaking of someone with good stuff, not so much insider information but good solid draft information I would check out Evan Silva.

wow, thanks for the info buddy :eek:

supercowboy8

Reaction score
nyc;3914321 said:

And I know Detroit likes Prince too. Everything I read has PRince higher on their board.