zone blocking

jblaze2004

Reaction score
we need to get to it asap....the texans just run all over teams..I know tashard choice and felix can excel in that type of scheme. MB3 might be his last year here anyways.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
jobberone;3666903 said:
We don't have the athletes necessary on the OL to zone block.

It's still just blocking in the end. Man up and win the battle and you can run the ball.

We have some giant "underperforming" OLineman here in Dallas. :mad:

RS12

Reaction score
All you need to to do is replace 3 or 4 tubs of lard and its done.

johnnyd

Reaction score
we tried it a years ago when coslet was out OC . that was fun..lol

Im not so sure our OL fault is all houcks fault , i mean at some point we need to give him more talent to work with draft pick wise no?

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
The Chiefs are tearing it up by using zone blocking.

Dallas' offensive line is done. Stick a fork in it. They couldn't block Betty White in the run game. This line is aging, declining fast, and slow.

If they don't replace Davis, Colombo, and Kosier next year and evaluate LT correctly, it's only going to get uglier. Gurode at center... I'd try to replace him, too. Getting another LT and moving Free to RT should be considered, and replacing both guards is a must, imo. Unless, you like playing and paying for that horrible right side of the line (Davis and Colombo) and depending on Kosier to stay healthy, you will at least replace all three of them. I'd be looking for Gurode's replacement, too.

The Cowboys have a great back like Felix Jones, and they can't open up any space or holes for him or get him to the outside.

The Raiders made adjustments for Darren McFadden this year, and he is tearing it up.

IMO, Dallas needs an athletic, mobile offensive line, that can get to the second level and hit a moving target, with the lateral quickness to stretch the defense in the running game (laterally) and give Felix Jones back-side cutback lanes. Felix Jones is a jump cut slasher who would destroy teams in a zone blocking scheme.

Davis
Colombo
Gurode

Need to get the boot...

Kosier

Needs to walk...He fits the profile, but you can't depend on him to stay healthy...

Again, this offensive line couldn't block Betty White...

Why waste your money?

Get younger and more athletic and completely rebuild the line around the skills of Felix Jones.