Zone Blocking!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I saw more zone plays in 1 pre-season game than I have seen in 2 seasons.

It looks like we will finally take advantage of our RB's talents and run more of that this season.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
I saw more zone plays in 1 pre-season game than I have seen in 2 seasons.

It looks like we will finally take advantage of our RB's talents and run more of that this season.

Murray was built for this..............and, I thinl Vickers would've just gotten in every RB's way. The interior OL showed in just one game that, even with the injuries, they may be ok after all. The most pressin OL issue is backup T.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Murray was built for this..............and, I thinl Vickers would've just gotten in every RB's way. The interior OL showed in just one game that, even with the injuries, they may be ok after all. The most pressin OL issue is backup T.

All the backup positions on the o-line should be a concern. Leary and Fred looked good but none of the other young guards or tackles looked comfortable.

Its only one game but the young guys competing for backup jobs on the o-line need to make significant improvement to be able to contribute this season.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I was going to post something similar.

The zone blocking scheme is a thing of beauty. Its a work of art. I have been a huge fan and am glad we have implemented it. It will alleviate pressure off of our line, running backs, and QB. I love seeing defensive linemen being upended by chop blocks and huge gaps opening opening. I think DeMarco is a perfect 1 cut type of back.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
The cutback runs looked great. I will give you that but the Fish stink! LOL