Zone Scheme explained w/Gurley&Austin

vlad

Reaction score
I found this video educational in how it relates to our running scheme. Not hard to picture Elliott and even Lucky as a relatable case.

Perhaps some of the X & O experts on here can share their knowledge on how this relates to us?

Credit to this guy who made the video and @AKATheRake for his posting of the Gregory video.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Lucky is a legitimate speed threat on those end arounds. I hated when Crayton would run them.

Yeah, on the the fan one of the guys was at OTAs and he said whenever they get the ball to lucky and watch him run everyone goes "oh" or something like that. A lot of speed and with a threat at rb like Elliott those screens should open up.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
It's exciting to think of what Linehan can cook up using the pieces we have.

I expect really good years from Beasley and Williams. And I think that if Dunbar is healthy, he could have a huge year in two rb sets with elliott. Whitehead could also have a big year.

Having #21 just really opens the offense up in so many ways. Should hopefully get teams slowly down big time.

We're a better team than the Rams... and even the Rams might be dangerous here.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unfortunately the content is unwatchable from my end.

It's voice activated, and it can be finicky. If you yell 'YOUTUBE, PLAY' into your mic, it should work eventually. Let me know if you have problems with it and I'll help you sort them out.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Count the #1's on the Rams' DL.

They've made great investments into their defensive line.

We're going to have to invest more in the defensive line, however our team simply isn't built that way and at some point you've got to hit it big on these players that we got in the second. I think we saw some of that with Lawrence already, if Gregory can make a similar evolution in year two , I think he has more pure pass rush ability than Lawrence. You then have Crawford who we've invested a lot in who was a 3rd round pick, who should be healthy right now.

We've now invested a 3rd and a 4th in the line as well.

We're giving the defense scraps, but we're also not asking them to be elite, so there is a balance we have to strike here.

Next year should be predominantly defense I think. The really big question on offense next year is what to do with Terrance Williams.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They've made great investments into their defensive line.

We're going to have to invest more in the defensive line, however our team simply isn't built that way and at some point you've got to hit it big on these players that we got in the second. I think we saw some of that with Lawrence already, if Gregory can make a similar evolution in year two , I think he has more pure pass rush ability than Lawrence. You then have Crawford who we've invested a lot in who was a 3rd round pick, who should be healthy right now.

We've now invested a 3rd and a 4th in the line as well.

We're giving the defense scraps, but we're also not asking them to be elite, so there is a balance we have to strike here.

Next year should be predominantly defense I think. The really big question on offense next year is what to do with Terrance Williams.

We're on record that we're building the DL to be a heavy rotational group, and that certainly seems to be what we're doing.

This year should have been a heavy defensive investment early. We'll get Jaylon back, though, which will be like an extra first next year. Assuming he comes back.
We'll still need a QB to develop and a WR2 after Williams walks, though. And we'll be in serious need of starters in the secondary this time next year.