Zoner Guru's? How do we get Jerry Jones to see image & ratings of Cowboys wanning?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
We all knows Jerry cares about winning, but moreso jerry is concerned about the image of the cowboys. Until Jerry Jones pocket book is hit and hit hard, with public ratings go down then to my mind nothing will change with Jerry. Even if the publicity from media on cowboys is bad, its still publicity that jerry jones is getting, so his ratings go up. Until the ratings go down, wont change. So Cowboyszone Guru's how do we get Jerry Jones to see that his ratings and public view of the Cowboys is wanning and dropping?

We all know how wade is a very good defensive minded coach and decent head coach, (not a superior head coach to my mind but decent one) but we all know wade doesnt have the hard exterior demeanor, discipline and fear that players have of wade. With jery jones having in place no true head coach having total control, why should players fear wade or any coach?

Remember Bill Parcells? He was a disciplinarian. Jones still writes the checks, makes the decisions and gets to have his way because he can. The only one who will change that dynamic is Jerry Jones. So, some type of heat for this mess with penalties, players being allowed to make those mistakes with no disciplinary action taken on them, for something to change. So, how do we put the heat on jerry jones and get Jerry to see that the image of the Dallas Cowboys (with other teams and fans laughing at the cowboys) is wanning and ratings dropping?

Feel free to post any ideas and suggestions you have.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Joe -- don't worry, man. Jerry is as disappointed as anyone. Wade is going to get fired. The only question is who the next coach is.

Waiting until after the season is over is a *good* thing, because none of the best candidates will or even can take over in the middle of the year.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3630145 said:
Joe -- don't worry, man. Jerry is as disappointed as anyone. Wade is going to get fired. The only question is who the next coach is.

Waiting until after the season is over is a *good* thing, because none of the best candidates will or even can take over in the middle of the year.

thanks buddy, im just frustrated, depressed, angry, upset, all emotions,

but things cant get good till jerry jones is forced to see it from a fans view, how teams, media and other fans are laughing at us now

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The ratings are probably even higher with the Cowboys losing, so sorry, Joe.

I'm worried about Cowboys Stadium being empty or full of opposing fans. The Cowboys already don't have much of a home field advantage because the fans are too nice, but I'd rather have a house full of nice/quiet Cowboys fans than a bunch of empty seats or God forbid, everybody rooting for the other team.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;3630219 said:

I'm worried about Cowboys Stadium being empty or full of opposing fans. The Cowboys already don't have much of a home field advantage because the fans are too nice, but I'd rather have a house full of nice/quiet Cowboys fans than a bunch of empty seats or God forbid, everybody rooting for the other team.

so do we need for ratings to go way down and public view of the cowboys, for jerry jones to make some serious changes in the way jerry runs this team with no real head coach with control? and no accountability on the players?

LongSnapper

Reaction score
Joe your coming around? The only thing Jerry gets upset about in my opinion is his pocket book. Until folks stop filling it NOTHING will change unless you want to make an offer he cant refuse. Empty seats will help though

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
LongSnapper;3630316 said:
Joe your coming around? The only thing Jerry gets upset about in my opinion is his pocket book. Until folks stop filling it NOTHING will change unless you want to make an offer he cant refuse. Empty seats will help though

coming around? I have said all along, biggest problem lays at jerry jones door, since jimmy johnson left, but at same time, no discipline from cupcake coach wade and accountability
and you dont run a training camp with players in shorts most of the time, you have to get players ready by putting them in pads, hitting and tackling in full motion, in full stride, not in walkthroughs

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;3630219 said:

I agree with this.. Eventually the cowboys will lose enough games that they will become irrelevant then all these NFL shows will be forced to talk about teams that actually matter.

Joe, we still have at least 4 national games left so whatever embarassment Jerry is feeling know can get worse. The crowd at cowboys stadium is going to jump on the cowboys for every little wrong thing they do. Penalties, dropped balls, sacks, failure in the red zone, int's the fans will just unleash it's fury. I'm afraid the worst is yet to come. Thanksgiving against the saints could really turn out to be an epic humilation.

superpunk

Reaction score
The ratings for our game against Minnesota yesterday were off the charts. Over 13 I think.

WG5516

Reaction score
If the Cowboys Image was able to withstand the horrible teams of the early 2000's, Jerry's is going to be ok w/ this 2010 squad. You guys are acting as if we're the Lions. We have a competitive team and quite frankly, the Cowboys losing is probably a bigger and better story than us winning. Our image and ratings success will be fine.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3630218 said:
thanks buddy, im just frustrated, depressed, angry, upset, all emotions,

but things cant get good till jerry jones is forced to see it from a fans view, how teams, media and other fans are laughing at us now

we the fans are major enablers in this situation.....Jerry could put a star on a dog turd and fans and collectors would run out to buy it before it turns white so they could preserve it...cause you know EVERYTHING Cowboys is collectible.....

most teams when are doing bad either get poor TV ratings, low ticket sales or booed out of stadium.....not cowboys......no matter how crappy they play or how embarrassing they are we gobble up all the goodies like its gold.....

merch sales and ticket sales are the only way to show it and that will never happen...its a problem without a solution....the monster has outgrown the master

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
The thing about the Cowboys is, you're watched by tons of non Cowboy fans. No other team piques the interest of other teams fans more than the Cowboys. So it's win/win for Jones. If we're tearing it up, tons of Cowboy fans tune in, if we're stinking it up tons of rival fans tune in. The record probably doesn't matter all that much with the Cowboys, people love watching them fail.

Whereas with teams like the Lions and Rams, when they lose it's expected and no one cares, they're not in the limelight. Heck, does anyone even care when they win?

Trendnet

Reaction score
dadymat;3630455 said:
we the fans are major enablers in this situation.....Jerry could put a star on a dog turd and fans and collectors would run out to buy it before it turns white so they could preserve it...cause you know EVERYTHING Cowboys is collectible.....

most teams when are doing bad either get poor TV ratings, low ticket sales or booed out of stadium.....not cowboys......no matter how crappy they play or how embarrassing they are we gobble up all the goodies like its gold.....

merch sales and ticket sales are the only way to show it and that will never happen...its a problem without a solution....the monster has outgrown the master

Be the first..

Lead the way on out of town!

I'll meet you there.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
dadymat;3630455 said:

well im not buying nothing with the way their playing, the players dont deserve my respect now, in fact this team reminds me of the 89 season, and 2000 season etc, just pathetic

alot of players hotdogging it and not doing their assignments and staying in their lanes, and staying focused, while some of the players still think that making bad plays now and then is ok

because who is going to dicipline them, no one, because jerry jones doesnt allow it:banghead:

mv09

Reaction score
Buy a billboard outside the stadium that says RIP Cowboys Season 2010

Make sure it's rented long enough for everyone who comes to the superbowl from around the world to see..

The public embarrassment to Jerry will affect him more than a 5% drop in t-shirt sales.

Randy White

Reaction score
I think you've been a Cowboys fan longer than I've been alive, and I just turned 41 years old. You know that everything that's going on right now it's embarrassing Jerry Jones and when he gets humilliated, things change.

There will be changes, of that I'm 100% sure. However, he cannot let emotions become the ruling factor of his decisions in this case because this is a team with alot of talent and alot of money invested in it. This is not the same situation like the in middle to late '90's when he was desperately trying to hang on to a decaying franchise or the the early part of this century when he was desperately trying to put this franchise back in the map because of his decision in the late '90s. He has to thread lightly here because the next move he makes could very well put this team in the SB sometime in the next 3-5 years, or send it back to square one.

He has no other choice but to try to tame this horse and hope the next jockey can get it to perform at it's full potential before he's forced to send it to the stud farm.

or the glue factory.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Randy White;3630594 said:
I think you've been a Cowboys fan longer than I've been alive, and I just turned 41 years old. You know that everything that's going on right now it's embarrassing Jerry Jones and when he gets humilliated, things change.

There will be changes, of that I'm 100% sure. However, he cannot let emotions become the ruling factor of his decisions in this case because this is a team with alot of talent and alot of money invested in it. This is not the same situation like the in middle to late '90's when he was desperately trying to hang on to a decaying franchise or the the early part of this century when he was desperately trying to put this franchise back in the map because of his decision in the late '90s. He has to thread lightly here because the next move he makes could very well put this team in the SB sometime in the next 3-5 years, or send it back to square one.

He has no other choice but to try to tame this horse and hope the next jockey can get it to perform at it's full potential before he's forced to send it to the stud farm.

or the glue factory.

thanks buddy, im 57, so pretty well seen it all from 1960 to now, im just so sick and tired of all these excuses from jerry and wade for players making these bone headed plays, dumb mistakes, penalties

jerry jones and wade dont realize that their enablers for the players letting them get away with bone headed mistakes, and stupid stunts, just like last week, when we got penalized for excessive celebration, wade didnt wake up and realize that all nfl refs are going to look at you hard now, for mistakes, till you correct them and start winning, should have been made very clear to all players, no more excessive celebrations in endzones after scoring, None whatso ever.

no team is beating us, were beating ourselves becauses players arent doing their assignments, hotdogging it on some plays, trying to show off, and the whole nine yards, with no accountability on the players, its about time, wade and jerry gets mad and says this player or that player messed up and it wont happen again, we will work them and work them in pads till they get it right

should be made very clear to the players that the party is over, no more light drills, and practices
that they had their chance to be professionals, but no, they couldnt do it, so now work them, and work them hard in practices and get it right in practice so doesnt show up mistakes on the field

do players actually care now that media and other team fans are laughing at us cowboys fans, and the cowboys players themselves,

and for once be a head coach wade and know the darn NFL ref penalty book, and what refs call in each game,

its totally embarrasing! :banghead: