Zoners: A Bill Simmons Mock Draft

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
HoosierCowboy;3357836 said:
If we draft mays I'll be mad but I'll get over it

Curious? Why do you not like this guy? He is big and FAST 4.3 area? If that was correct reading.

The only neg is he may not be fluid ....heck with that 4.3 speed he should be able to catch up.

RW31 would get beat alot, however if he had that 4.3 speed to utilize don't you believe he would still be a Cowboy?

Woods

Reaction score
Actually, that was an entertaining read (except for us picking T Mays, of course). The bit on the Raiders and Al Davis was especially good.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Note to self....add bill simmons to growing hit list for future reference if Mays is who we draft.:D

DFWJC

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;3357849 said:
Curious? Why do you not like this guy? He is big and FAST 4.3 area? If that was correct reading.

The only neg is he may not be fluid ....heck with that 4.3 speed he should be able to catch up.

RW31 would get beat alot, however if he had that 4.3 speed to utilize don't you believe he would still be a Cowboy?
I think GMs are mostly concerned about his instincts--which is so very key at Safety.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

4.3 speed isn't much good with poor instincts and poor change of direction.

And I'll take a playmaking safety with good change of direction skills thanks.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Well, that's a perfect example of why he hasn't done a mock 9 out of 10 years working for ESPN.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

Crazy,

There are literally hundreds of 4.3 guys who are not in the NFL. In 5 years Taylor Mays will be one of them.

As to why a lot of people do not like him, on film he doesn't make plays. He has a few highlight reel hits a la RW31 but in the NFL now intimidation is null and void because of the baby rules. If a guy can't punish you with his size what is the point of being 230 at all? It's not like he is taking on blockers.

Mays is a horrid fit for us and most other teams.

We want playmakers and he doesn't make plays.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Temo;3357993 said:
C'mon dude, details. Don't tease.

I dont how juicy a story youre expecting. He got someone pulled from a gig he thinks only he should be doing. They were re-assigned.

One of their bigger NBA.com guys

Temo

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3358053 said:
I dont how juicy a story youre expecting. He got someone pulled from a gig he thinks only he should be doing. They were re-assigned.

One of their bigger NBA.com guys

Sheesh, excuse me for taking an interest. I was just wondering how "famous" a person was your friend to get ****ed over by Simmons, heh.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Temo;3358540 said:
Sheesh, excuse me for taking an interest. I was just wondering how "famous" a person was your friend to get ****ed over by Simmons, heh.

If youre an NBA fan youve seen him on their site.

I warned you the story wasnt exciting, but its still a dick move by Simmons