Zoners: a player who would help our team

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Resign Robinson, he'll be cheaper and we already know he works in our offense. Why pay more for an unknown that isnt noticeably better?

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;4448501 said:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...wr-pierre-garcon-test-free-agency-source-says

I hope we can sign Robinson, however, if we cannot I would like to sign this guy first.

He is strong and fast enough to out run who is chasing him.

Also a class act off the field.

What do you folks think?

Absolutely, CC! He would be a nice addition but I doubt he will agree to 3rd receiver money.

I hope Robinson signs with Dallas but losing him would not be critical, IMO.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4448502 said:
I think we should resign Robinson.

I agree with you.

But, if Robinson says no to us for better money then we should check him out.

basstapp

Reaction score
Garcon is going to be paid more then Laurent Robinson IMO. I honestly feel that we can roll with Austin - Dez- Homes - Radway- Holley. We may sign an aging vet for some depth, but I would prefer to go with the young guns at WR since we have so many play makers at other positions.

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
Pierre already turned down 7 million a year from the Colts with 20 million guaranteed. He wants to paid like a number one.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I prefer Robinson, but if we cannot get a deal done (seems unlikely that we will not), I wouldn't have a problem with Pierre Garcon. Others that I would look at include Robert Meachem and Early Doucet. Both players are 3rd round draft selections roughly the same age as Robinson that have had moderate success in the NFL. Eddie Royal and Ted Ginn don't offer much as for being receivers, but they are dynamic, pro-bowl level kick returners that I would take a look at as well. I would welcome either of them over a Kevin Ogletree any day.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Garcon is going to cost more than Robinson and likely will be more sought after than Robinson.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I think we might be able to get Robinson for $3-4 million a year for 4 years. I can see somebody giving Garcon a 6 year, $50 million dollar contract.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
If Manning goes to AZ then so will Wayne. That would leave Doucet as a FA. I think we liked him coming out of LSU.

Would prefer Robinson, but Doucet would be a good back-up plan.