Zoners: Bad news piling on

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners:

I am so disappointed about the Pats game that I just realized something else.

THE DANG BROWNS ARE LOOKING GOOD!

That McFadden dream I had is now a nightmare!

Honestly, we need to draft CB and STUD DE realistically :banghead:

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
Cleveland over Miami was the lock of the week. I told you the browns had good skill position players, they just needed to settle on a QB. Anderson may come back to earth soon, but right now he's delivering the ball to the playmakers and the browns are scoring. From all the reports in training camp anderson outplayed frye, but crennel went with experience. Tip your hat to crennel, trading frye after week one saved his season for the short term.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
No matter what we still have (2) #1 draft choices next year. Guess what, New England doesn't. Thanks Mangini!!! :laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
They look okay at home, they look horrible on the road.

McFadden would be fun but he isn't the only player in this draft who could help this team.

DeSean Jackson, WR from California could help at WR, KR, and PR.

Antoine Cason, CB from Arizona could help at CB and PR.

Glenn Dorsey, NT from LSU could stuff the run and free up people to rush the QB.

Jake Long, OT from Michigan could be a long term solution at LT and free up cap space if we allowed "False Start" Flo to walk.

Ray Rice, RB from Rutgers reminds me of Emmitt Smith. I wouldn't hate that.

Calais Campbell, DE from Miami could provide more pass rush than we are producing right now.

Jimmy King, CB from Penn State would be pretty close to a shut down corner and a perfect bookend for Newman.

There are plenty of other options as well. Right now, running the ball isn't our Achilles heel. Disrupting the passing game and Special teams minus the 2 kickers is.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
I told you guys that at the beginning of the year that the Browns would not be a top 5 pick but most likely a top 10-15 pick. A few people try to tell me I was insane and that that was a tough division haha

Kobal

Reaction score
Hostile;1710772 said:

McFadden would be fun but he isn't the only player in this draft who could help this team.

Glenn Dorsey, NT from LSU could stuff the run and free up people to rush the QB.

Jake Long, OT from Michigan could be a long term solution at LT and free up cap space if we allowed "False Start" Flo to walk.

Calais Campbell, DE from Miami could provide more pass rush than we are producing right now.

Jimmy King, CB from Penn State would be pretty close to a shut down corner and a perfect bookend for Newman.

There are plenty of other options as well. Right now, running the ball isn't our Achilles heel. Disrupting the passing game and Special teams minus the 2 kickers is.

Agree with you. The Browns pick could get us a really good-great player.

juck

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1710696 said:
Zoners:

we have enuff DE's.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Kangaroo;1710774 said:
I told you guys that at the beginning of the year that the Browns would not be a top 5 pick but most likely a top 10-15 pick. A few people try to tell me I was insane and that that was a tough division haha

Guilty as charged. I knew the Browns would be improved but I really didnt expect them to win 3 games this early in the season given their schedule.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Zoners:

I can see drafting a stud CB, but we definitely need a big time WR in the draft. Owens is going to be 33, and Terry is definitely up there in age and probably will never be the same if he even comes back from this injury.

Glenn may be done.

I say start looking in the draft for a stud WR, then CB.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
One way or another, we are a pretty good team and we can use those 2 #1s to get who we want or wheel and deal. Better than not having 2 and I like the Spencer pick too.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Eh, worry about it when the season is over, we have a darn good team this year and have a chance to do great things.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
juckie;1710877 said:
we have enuff DE's.

I said "Stud DE".....that is the problem.

Our DE do not provide enough help for Ware and Spencer......Ellis is really going to help as the season carries forward and he continues to regain his strength and form.

:)

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Zoners:

OMG....please, no more DEs or LBs in the first rounds of the draft...enough is enough.

I can see a CB or NT....other than studs at those positions, we need to draft a WR early, imo, or find them in FA....IF Glenn retires and TO finally combusts or goes down hill fast at his age, we are going to be miserable at WR if all we have are the FA and late round guys we currently keep hanging on to.

Do you realize just how close we are to having to run out Crayton, Hurd, and Austin as our top 3 WR's???

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Fletch;1710903 said:
I can see drafting a stud CB, but we definitely need a big time WR in the draft. Owens is going to be 33, and Terry is definitely up there in age and probably will never be the same if he even comes back from this injury.

Glenn may be done.

I say start looking in the draft for a stud WR, then CB.

Like Hos mentioned above.......this is who I want now that we cannot get MacFadden...

MC KAos

Reaction score
either way you look at it we should be getting a pretty good player. McFadden would be nice tho

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1710772 said:

Well said. CB and speed WR are my two choices.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
Hostile;1710772 said:

Justin King*

love J.Jones21

and i would love him in big D, but my friend who is a huge penn state fan says he is 95% coming back for his senior year, due to the fact that if he comes back he will be with 17 other returning starters! Talk about making a run!

also if Justin King comes out look for Derrick Williams the speedy WR would also likely come out. They are best friends and would likely do the same as the other. maybe Justin King at 10 and D. Williams at 31?

sorry guys, i think we lose to the pats in the sb. they are too strong.

VA Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
RB, WR and CB.

We need to replace Julius after the season. Even if Glenn comes back, he and TO are aging and I don't think any of the trio of Crayton, Hurd or Miles we be solid starters. And the secondary still needs work.

I don't care if it comes from the first round or FA, but these are the three main areas I think need improved upon. It also wouldn't hurt to get another quality OL in here either.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Love to get Rice & King or Cason but might like both King & Cason better...I have been saying now for a year and a half that the standard defense needs to be 3 corners and a Safety/Corner type