Zoners: Bill Parcells....the rest of the story

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners:

What is the Paul Harvey report on WHY Coach Parcells basically QUIT on us last year?

I don't understand why BP would build a team ready to compete for a Super Bowl and then quit to take on a rebuilding project in Miami :bang2:

Did BP get mad at Mr. Jones?

What really happen?

Thanks in advance. :star:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He didnt want to coach anymore and he wasnt going to be the GM or Vice Pres. here anytime soon.

I love BP but his stubborness to bring complexity to the defense and aggresiveness to the offense really hendered this team back.

If my team is complete garbage though ill hire him any day of the week. He is a miracle worker.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I tell you what happened to him....Sean Payton, Andy Reid, Mike Martz...those o-coordinators toyed with Parcells during the month of December...he had taken this team as far as HE could....the time was right.....we will both be better for it

zeromaster

Reaction score
The lure of the horse track was too strong...
:lmao2:

And I like Lone Star Park, but hey, it's no Miami.

cml750

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2125629 said:
Zoners:

What is the Paul Harvey report on WHY Coach Parcells basically QUIT on us last year?

I don't understand why BP would build a team ready to compete for a Super Bowl and then quit to take on a rebuilding project in Miami :bang2:

What really happen?

I don't really care, I just thank the Lord he is gone! If he were still here, there is no way we would have opened up the offense like we did.

JJB500

Reaction score
Did Big Bill ever win a playoff game without Little Bill? I don't think he ever did.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
How about this?

How do you think Parcells would have reacted if he were still here and Jerry brought Adam Jones to the team like today?

Ya think Parcells had a fit when T.O. came? What about Adam?

We would have had two "the player's" on the team!!

:confused: :eek:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
5Stars;2125718 said:
How about this?

How do you think Parcells would have reacted if he were still here and Jerry brought Adam Jones to the team like today?

Ya think Parcells had a fit when T.O. came? What about Adam?

We would have had two "the player's" on the team!!

:confused: :eek:

Adam Jones would of been accepted by BP, however Pacman would of made him jump off the deep end......:star:

superpunk

Reaction score
He didn't want to have Red Jesus forced upon him, emasculating a very good Tony Sparano and nipping at his heels as the heir apparent.

The helicopters are out there, you just need a special hat.

AtlCB

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2125629 said:
Zoners:

What really happen?

Parcells always does this. He left the Giants and Jets on good terms too. I think he just wears himself out when coaching. He is now in the best position he could possibly be in - GM of a really bad team that is willing to do what it takes to get better.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2125723 said:
Adam Jones would of been accepted by BP, however Pacman would of made him jump off the deep end......:star:

Parcells would of got his childish little digs at Pacman every chance he got. Likely Tank wouldn't be on the team either. Bill did a lot for the team, but his inability to warm to players that aren't "Bills guys" doesn't help the franchise. He ways are good, but he is a little to set in them. A little comprimise always helps.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
You'd have to ask Bill and he wouldn't give you a st8 answer. I think others got it right. He burns out, he wears his welcome out, he's too difficult to live with for more than a few years, he loves being a savior who rides off into the sunset like Shane, and did I mention he gets on people's last nerve.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
AtlCB;2125774 said:
Parcells always does this. He left the Giants and Jets on good terms too. I think he just wears himself out when coaching. He is now in the best position he could possibly be in - GM of a really bad team that is willing to do what it takes to get better.

also, I think that Bill knows that his style wears the players out -- a guy like that, unless he's got total control over the personnel (like Belicheck) is going to lose the team eventually -- discipline like his only works for so long.

ultimately, I think he's finding his niche -- GM for bad teams -- he did an outstanding job of putting us in our present position and I expect in 3 or 4 years Miami is going to be a far far better team as well.

BaybeeJay

Reaction score
I think Bill enjoys rebuilding teams. He loves to mold young and impressionable players. It seems to be one of his passions in life. I think dealing with established players grates on him at times.

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
BaybeeJay;2125794 said:
I think Bill enjoys rebuilding teams. He loves to mold young and impressionable players. It seems to be one of his passions in life. I think dealing with established players grates on him at times.

I think most coaches enjoy molding young players. Bill does have a knack for judging talent, with the exception of his old re-tread players, to build up a team. Miami will be much better in a few years with Bill there.

I really appreciate what he did for Dallas, too bad we couldn't win in the playoffs when he was here.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
jobberone;2125781 said:
You'd have to ask Bill and he wouldn't give you a st8 answer. I think others got it right. He burns out, he wears his welcome out, he's too difficult to live with for more than a few years, he loves being a savior who rides off into the sunset like Shane, and did I mention he gets on people's last nerve.

You just about nailed....

ALL coaches have a set amount of time for being effective... his is just over a couple of years.