ZONERS: Browns CB arrested... more help with 08 pick

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Browns cornerback Bodden busted at airport
Leigh Bodden - DB - CLE - Sep. 5 - 9:36 p.m. ET
Leigh Bodden was arrested at Cleveland Hopkins Airport Wednesday on charges of aggravated disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
Bodden allegedly got physical with airport security after being asked to remove his car from a restricted area. The cover corner has yet to post bond. The Browns will address the situation after practice Thursday. Bodden is perhaps Cleveland's best player, so they can't afford to lose him.
Source: FOX 8 Cleveland

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Browns cornerback Leigh Bodden arrested at Cleveland airport

September 6, 2007

CLEVELAND (AP) -- Browns cornerback Leigh Bodden drove a sport utility vehicle in reverse down a one-way street outside an airport, became verbally abusive with police and was arrested Wednesday.

Bodden, 25, refused to stop the vehicle when initially approached by an officer at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, said police Lt. Thomas Stacho. Bodden eventually pulled the vehicle to a curb, got out and walked toward an airport entrance, Stacho said.

ADVERTISEMENT

"He (Bodden) indicated he was there to pick up his people, whoever his people are," Stacho said.

Bodden became verbally abusive with the officer, who called for police backup, Stacho said.

Responding officers instructed Bodden to place his hands on a wall, which he did, but the situation became tense when the football player began to resist officers trying to place handcuffs on him, Stacho said.

Bodden later complied with police and was taken to a city jail, where he remained Wednesday night. He was charged with aggravated disorderly conduct and resisting arrest, both misdemeanors. He also faces traffic charges of failing to produce a driver's license and driving the wrong way on a one-way street, Stacho said.

A hearing in Cleveland Municipal Court was scheduled for 8:30 a.m. Thursday, Stacho said.

Browns spokesman Bill Bonsiewicz said the team was aware of the incident and was still gathering facts. The team opens the 2007 season Sunday at home against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Bodden was limited to nine starts last season because of ankle problems and had offseason ankle surgery. He signed with the Browns as an undrafted free agent in 2003, and the club signed him to a four-year contract extension in 2005.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I don't know why but it still amazes me how athletes think they can do anything the want at any time.

RW31

Reaction score
OMG!! he will probably spend the next 5 months in jail! :rolleyes:

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Wow, that's huge. He's one of the best pure man on man cover CB's in the NFL.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Delighting in the pain of others is downright Redskinesque that is unless you are delighting in the pain of Commanders, Browns are not a team I delight in seeing flounder off the field with injury and happenstance but on the field they are welcome to taste the goose egg and if that performance is given an inverse bout for the worse on account of the said off field woes then so be it, i shall delight in it....bring on the first pick in the draft.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is wrong with people?

Reaction score
Another stupid move by another stupid athelete. You give these young thugs a few million dollars, and they think they're a rap star.

By the way, while Bodden is a quality CB, he is not the Browns' best player, by far. Kamerion Wimbley should have been the DROY in 2006 with 11 sacks. Also, 2nd year LB D'Qwell Jackson is becoming one of the surest tacklers in the league, finishing second on the team in tackles his rookie season last yr. with 115. That's only on the defensive side of the ball.

Kellen Winslow II, another Brown cheated out of the Pro-Bowl, tied a franchise record & led all TEs with 89 receptions for 875 yds. & 3 TDs.

Bodden doesn't have much of a track record for these kinds of things, so they might go easy on him....but who knows or cares.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarge;1623958 said:
What is wrong with people?
Whenever I read or hear about these things, my mind goes back to what Bill Cosby said in his "Himself" routine. It's only two words, really:

Brain damage

That about sums it up. :)