ZONERS: COWBOYS number of wins in 08

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners: If we sign PACMAN for 08.......then we are guaranteed 2-14 a season at worst. :) PacMan wins 2 games per yr all by himself. (ref below)

Hey, I like this move......he is 3 years removed from the overall #6 pick in the 05 draft......that is hard to beat and he wants to turn his life around--finally.

I cut the below from another thread: :starspin

Jones spent much of the interview with Irvin touting his coverage and return skills - "I can help win; I'm good for two games a season by myself," he said - and addressed his legal issues head-on with Arora's assistance, though he was quite defensive about the way most of the incidents have been portrayed.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Big Dakota;2017353 said:
A solid 11 wins IMO.

I think that is what it is going to take to win the east 11-5. I have no idea how many we will win.

I cant wait to see that schedule. Hopefully we will have the opening game monday morning as promised.

The schedule could turn out to be really difficult. We could end up going to cleveland, pittsburgh, green bay and phil/ny/wash in november/december.

Passing games do not generally do well in those stadiums! Last year we were dealt a favor going to chicago in september and buffalo in october. We only had one bad weather game and that was in washington.

Pitt/Cle/Gb all could be nightmares if scheduled after turkey day especially since I have to believe the cleveland and gb games will be primtime games on espn or nbc.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
theebs;2017519 said:
I think that is what it is going to take to win the east 11-5. I have no idea how many we will win.

I cant wait to see that schedule. Hopefully we will have the opening game monday morning as promised.

The schedule could turn out to be really difficult. We could end up going to cleveland, pittsburgh, green bay and phil/ny/wash in november/december.

Passing games do not generally do well in those stadiums! Last year we were dealt a favor going to chicago in september and buffalo in october. We only had one bad weather game and that was in washington.

Pitt/Cle/Gb all could be nightmares if scheduled after turkey day especially since I have to believe the cleveland and gb games will be primtime games on espn or nbc.

It's gonna be a darn tough sched. The Giants now believe, the Eagles should be improved and the Skins usually give us a game(last 3 years we are 2-4). After that, like you say, it's gonna to be just as tough out of our Div.

Frozen700

Reaction score
if we get pac man...i do not think i will worry that much

especially if we add another WR...watch out

firehawk350

Reaction score
Dhragon;2017577 said:
13-6 ( 11-5 reg season, 2-1 playoffs )
Wild card or division? First round bye??? So basically, do you make loss the superbowl or NFCCG?

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
firehawk350;2017585 said:
Wild card or division? First round bye??? So basically, do you make loss the superbowl or NFCCG?

Superbowl loss

Eskimo

Reaction score
I see 11-5 regular season with a playoff victory right now. Alot depends on how draft and remainder of FA/trades go. We are weak at WR and secondary right now and the extent to which this is a pass happy league puts us at a disadvantage.

firehawk350

Reaction score
Typically, I don't think 11-5 is going to get you a first round bye unless the NFC is weak that year. It didn't in 07, 06 or 05 if my memory serves me correctly.

DallasKnight

Reaction score
I think we go 12-4. Win the division, zip through the playoffs and get to the Super Bowl. No guarantees about the SB, but we get there and get another shot at one. :lombardi:

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Before the start of last season, I picked us to go 10-6. They were 3 wins better than I thought. Teams in the division could be better than last season so I think we'll win 11 or 12 games & a few of those loses will come within our division.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Ten to 11 wins.

A worse regular season but a better playoff experience... A lot like San Diego did this year.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
too early to say, because this draft will have some impact (not necessarily because of who we draft, but potentially who we trade for)

as is, I see us as an 11-12-13 win team barring a major run of injuries or a serious injury to Romo, Ware or Owens, by far the 3 most important players on our team IMO...depending on what we do a RB, Barber might have to be added to the list as well, though I think we'll draft a capable back on day one

David