Zoners, defensive backs, Olgesby, Ball & Brown, whom do you think makes it or traded?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Ok zoners, another one of the Cowboys strengths, is the defensive backfield. With Newman, Henry (whom will be moved to free safety in dime and nickel obvious passing downs), Jenkins, Scandrick, and Adam Jones, this is 5 top corners.

Now on to the backups, Olgesby, Ball and courtney brown are options as backups or trades. What do you think zoners?

Pat Watkins has the team made due to being main special teams ace along with bobby carpenter.

Again, I am looking at possible players that teams would be interested in for trading for, or the dallas cowboys making a trade with some backups for a vet wr or linebacker, or whatever we need, maybe a QB backup. So, what do you think zoners?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At this point I think Ogelsby and Brown stick on the 53.

If the Cowboys could get someone they needed, I think they might trade Ogelsby and keep Ball as I think Ogelsby has trade value and Ball does not.

But that's a hypothetical scenario and at this point I think they'll just keep what they have in Brown and Ogelsby.

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2219889 said:
Ok zoners, another one of the Cowboys strengths, is the defensive backfield. With Newman, Henry (whom will be moved to free safety in dime and nickel obvious passing downs), Jenkins, Scandrick, and Adam Jones, this is 5 top corners.

Now on to the backups, Olgesby, Ball and courtney brown are options as backups or trades. What do you think zoners?

Pat Watkins has the team made due to being main special teams ace along with bobby carpenter.

Again, I am looking at possible players that teams would be interested in for trading for, or the dallas cowboys making a trade with some backups for a vet wr or linebacker, or whatever we need, maybe a QB backup. So, what do you think zoners?

Brown and Ball are gone, IMO.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I dont think Alan Ball has any chance of making this team. I really dont see why we would go so heavy right now at corner and add oglesby either. I really didnt see anything from him that made me comfortable if he had to play.

He will be buried on the depth chart.

I think brown makes the team, but he looks to need alot of work. Hopefully he will play really well on special teams.

I dont think any of our backups are good enough to be traded for. I thought originally that we had something worth trading but now I dont see it. It speaks to this team not being as talented as it is portrayed. Talented yes, so talented that people are knocking the doors down to get our backups, I dont think that is the case.

And in an ironic twist, this is the second year we have had to go to other teams cuts or practice squad guys to fill our roster. I thought it was supposed to be the other way around. Oh well.

dogberry

Reaction score
As a former blocking dummy, I really liked Oglesby turning, seeing the ball, and defending it. How many guys never look for the ball?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Oglesby, Brown, Ball

order of skill.

Ball may get cut imo.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2219889 said:

I think it is going to be hard to make a trade when everyone has to make cuts to get down to 53. Teams will wait and see what is out there

Reaction score
Yeah, people aren't usually kicking down the door to try to trade for guys who are going to get cut anyway.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Bobby Carpenter is not a ST ace

We are in a numbers crunch at CB - Called a trade here weeks ago. WR injuries going to force us to cut even more.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
dogberry;2219963 said:
As a former blocking dummy, I really liked Oglesby turning, seeing the ball, and defending it. How many guys never look for the ball?

Exactly.

I loved that play last night and he has proven in camp that he knows how to play the ball.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I understand about Olgesby, I agree totally;

But what if, the Cowboys can get a young wr with lots of potential,

would you then trade olgesby for an impact young wr?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
All three have very little trade value. We'd be lucky to get a 7th for either of them.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
None of these players have trade possiblities. They aren't any better than any other player that may be cut and picked up on waivers. The exception may be Brown, but not by much.

I think Brown stays. Oglesby over Ball. However due to injuries, he may be cut also. Then signed later [if available] as the injured players return, and the roster gets to where it should be.