Zoners: DEZ is a great person

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners:

Look what DEZ wrote on his twitter account:

Leaving my hometown....they showed so much love....to all you athletes that's doing your thang...don't ever forget where you come from

http://twitter.com/DEZ_88

Ok, I have read so many negative comments that Dez has character issues......however, when I read between the lines.....ALL THE SO CALLED EXPERTS MISSED THE BOAT ON DEZ! :rolleyes:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;3598336 said:
I'm just glad the Cowboys didn't miss that boat.

Yes, I agree 100 percent.

Did any of you Zoners get to actually met Dez in his hometown over the weekend?

Please give us a report of the experience......thanks

Go Cowboys!:bow:

67CowboysFan

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;3598337 said:
Yes, I agree 100 percent.

Did any of you Zoners get to actually met Dez in his hometown over the weekend?

Please give us a report of the experience......thanks

Go Cowboys!:bow:
Cowboy Joe had a thread earlier (can't find it now). He went out to see Dez. Don't think he got to talk to him. :(

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
67CowboysFan;3598338 said:
Cowboy Joe had a thread earlier (can't find it now). He went out to see Dez. Don't think he got to talk to him. :(

Good for Cowboy Joe....I will look for it....thanks

I spoke to Dez at training camp and he said hello.....he seems really cool

Cowboysfan570

Reaction score
There is the idea that because someone started out in a bad situation that it has to impact them in a negative way. That they necessarily have to start reflecting their environments in some way..but it's not really true.

You can choose to use it to motivate you, either to improve your situation, or to never go back to it once you've left. It can give a person perspective, or help them appreciate the things they have more.

People need not be products of their circumstances. Most NFL scouts seemed convinced that Dez was, which is unfortune not only for him as his character was regularly attacked, but for other teams who missed out on the chance to draft him.

He really does seem like a genuinely good guy and someone who has a future as an electrifying playmaker.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Cowboysfan570;3598343 said:
There is the idea that because someone started out in a bad situation that it has to impact them in a negative way. That they necessarily have to start reflecting their environments in some way..but it's not really true.

You can choose to use it to motivate you, either to improve your situation, or to never go back to it once you've left. It can give a person perspective, or help them appreciate the things they have more.

People need not be products of their circumstances. Most NFL scouts seemed convinced that Dez was, which is unfortune not only for him as his character was regularly attacked, but for other teams who missed out on the chance to draft him.

He really does seem like a genuinely good guy and someone who has a future as an electrifying playmaker.
This.

Humble and soft spoken in his interviews.

Helping (dragging) guys up after knocking them over on the sidelines.

He's already in my top 5 favorite players.

newlander

Reaction score
I won't lie about this kid and us drafting him: I was taking a wait and see approach. But now I'm starting to get damn excited boys. He missed that time in the preseason and now that he's had time to work with Romo: can't WAIT for game vs. Tenn. Wish it was tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
casmith07;3598383 said:
So do we all have two feet on the gas now?

I think it's fair to do the speed limit. Bryant's character was basically attacked in the national media as a Cowboy and he weathered that storm. Now he's performing on the filed. He's weathered both storms and the sun is starting to shine through those rain clouds. Maybe we shouldn't be flooring it, but we certainly shouldn't be afraid to take that sports car out for a spin.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I really never understood the problem label being thrown on Dez. I think it would have been so easy for him to fall victim to a problem life given the fact that his parents both had many problems with drugs but somehow Dez overcame that strike he was dealt. His only problem was with the NCAA and the infraction was minor compared to many others who have broke NCAA rules and frankly the punishment was way too much for what he did.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3598447 said:
I really never understood the problem label being thrown on Dez. I think it would have been so easy for him to fall victim to a problem life given the fact that his parents both had many problems with drugs but somehow Dez overcame that strike he was dealt. His only problem was with the NCAA and the infraction was minor compared to many others who have broke NCAA rules and frankly the punishment was way too much for what he did.

Thank goodness for whatever he did, had he not been suspended he would've been a top 10 pick and we'd be stuck with someone like Jared Odrick.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Apollo Creed;3598450 said:
Thank goodness for whatever he did, had he not been suspended he would've been a top 10 pick and we'd be stuck with someone like Jared Odrick.

True it worked out good for us. It cost Dez allot of money and took from him something he loved. Most of these guys loved the college experience which is why most are so loyal to the college they attended and Dez had that taken away from him because of an overzealous NCAA

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Lets not forget how the vast majority here wanted him nowhere near this team before he was drafted. :laugh2:

Cowboysfan570

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3598476 said:
Lets not forget how the vast majority here wanted him nowhere near this team before he was drafted. :laugh2:

It was too easy to fall for what was being said about him (the rumors about being late to practices, the Mom being busted for dealing multiple times, the suspension, the late workout and in some ways underwhelming times, etc.)

The more that I personally saw and heard about what the guy ACTUALLY does though, the more I've liked him. Clearly the bit about being late to practice hasn't been an issue, he seems reasonably well-spoken and unloquacious and is definitely both able and wanting to play at a high level.

Hindsight is always 20-20 or better.

davidb257

Benched
Reaction score
Dez is a nuisance and a menace. The sooner he's out of Dallas, the sooner we can get a real slot reciever like Zach Thomas.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3598475 said:
True it worked out good for us. It cost Dez allot of money and took from him something he loved. Most of these guys loved the college experience which is why most are so loyal to the college they attended and Dez had that taken away from him because of an overzealous NCAA

Right on about the $$$$$, however can you imagine how much he saved on his Rookie dinner bill vs being a top 5 pick?

Reaction score
This comes as no surprise to me... The kid had ZERO off the field problems as far as criminal records or anything of that nature. I'm thrilled he's a Dallas Cowboy, he'll represent the star well!

:star: :thumbup: