Zoners: Did you see the Vikes vs Giants?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners:

Did the Giants starters play in that game? blowing out the Giants, 44-7 wow.....and the Giants did beat us twice.

Please tell me the Vikes are not that good?:rolleyes:

gmoney112

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;3224909 said:
Zoners:

Did the Giants starters play in that game? blowing out the Giants, 44-7 wow.....and the Giants did beat us twice.

Yes. I watched the entire game as well as the week before when the Giants played the Panthers. The Giants rolled over and died both weeks, especially against the Vikes.

Transitive theorem does not apply when talking about the NFL.

alancdc

Reaction score
Zoners:

It was clear to me from watching that game that the Giants had the Uhauls loaded and engine's runnin' just waiting for the game to be over. I wouldn't take anything from that W. Doesn't mean they aren't good, but that game was over before it was played. It may have, however, gotten MINN back on track with some much needed confidence which I hope we take from them in the 1st quarter Sunday!

erich1r

Reaction score
Ask yourself did the saints beat everybody with their starters until they played us? That will anawer your question ?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Zoners:

They were on the field, but saying they "played" would infer that they tried, and they clearly made no effort to win. I saw plays very early in the game where Giants DL's literally stopped rushing and just stood there on some plays.

It was the epitome of "quitting"

Also, remember the Giants got blown out at home the week before by Matt Moore and Carolina.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
It's a bad idea to go look at how a team played against similar opponent, especially those that had nothing to play for at the time of the game.

This league is all about match ups.

This is why the we were successful against the Eagles, the Eagles were successful against the Giants and the Giants were successful against us.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Zoners:

You cant draw any conclusions from that game. The G-men were just going through the motions and didnt give a **** to be blunt about it.

I too saw some of the players for the Giants just standing around WHILE A PLAY WAS HAPPENING!!!! I was thinking, what the **** are they doing???

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Zoners:

I saw the game and much like the Carolina game the week before NY looked pathetic. I don't take anything away from the way Minn played in that game but you also need to remember this is the same Vike team who choked down the stretch vs teams like Chicago and Carolina.

Daudr

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3224957 said:
It's a bad idea to go look at how a team played against similar opponent, especially those that had nothing to play for at the time of the game.

This league is all about match ups.

This is why the we were successful against the Eagles, the Eagles were successful against the Giants and the Giants were successful against us.

FYI, I watched the Cowboys game twice and I'm 99% sure that it was Al Michaels that made the quote in your sig and not Cris Collinsworth.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Daudr;3225038 said:
FYI, I watched the Cowboys game twice and I'm 99% sure that it was Al Michaels that made the quote in your sig and not Cris Collinsworth.

Yeah, someone else said it. I will change it.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
alancdc;3224913 said:
It was clear to me from watching that game that the Giants had the Uhauls loaded and engine's runnin' just waiting for the game to be over. I wouldn't take anything from that W. Doesn't mean they aren't good, but that game was over before it was played. It may have, however, gotten MINN back on track with some much needed confidence which I hope we take from them in the 1st quarter Sunday!
I was not that concerned about the Giants in that game as I was fairly certain they would not win without the likes of Jacobs, Tuck and others. It was very obvious they were done after the Panthers thrashed them within an ounce of their football lives.

I was intrigued by the Vikings approach. It was like they were desperate to end the season on a high note and were looking to convince everyone, including themselves, that they were indeed great. It was rather nauseating to watch the likes of Favre and Jared Allen running around jumping up and down, acting like they beat a quality opponent soundly. In fact, they pretty much ran up the score so they could feel better about themselves.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Did anyone watch Chicago beat Minnesota a few weeks back?

Is that the real Minny team?

Is Jay Cutler better then Romo?

Are Chicago's WR's better then the Cowboys wr's?

Are Forte & Co. better then Barber, Felix and Choice?

Is the Chicago defense better then the Cowboys?

SHould have 4 "no's" there.

But, it all comes down to Sunday. And which Dallas team shows up.

Alexander

Reaction score
Hook'em#11;3225088 said:
Did anyone watch Chicago beat Minnesota a few weeks back?

Is that the real Minny team?

Is Jay Cutler better then Romo?

Are Chicago's WR's better then the Cowboys wr's?

Are Forte & Co. better then Barber, Felix and Choice?

Is the Chicago defense better then the Cowboys?

SHould have 4 "no's" there.

But, it all comes down to Sunday. And which Dallas team shows up.

Is Chicago's offensive line better than the Cowboys?

That is five. Want to go six, seven and eight with our DL, LB and secondary?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
There is no comparison between the Giants team that barely squeaked by us and the one rolled over and died in the final two weeks of the season.

The Vikings were actually handed a golden oppurtunity by the way their schedule was to get a Giants team that had mentally checked out of the season during the first quarter of the Panthers game the week before that.

superpunk

Reaction score
Did you see the Bears and Cards beat the Vikings like they own them?

Jay Cutler and Johnny Knox abused that secondary, CC.

JOHNNY KNOX.

And Jay Cutler, whose performance in that game is probably the only thing that kept him from setting a single season record in INTs.

And JOHNNY KNOX.

Alexander

Reaction score
superpunk;3225166 said:
Did you see the Bears and Cards beat the Vikings like they own them?

Jay Cutler and Johnny Knox abused that secondary, CC.

JOHNNY KNOX.

And Jay Cutler, whose performance in that game is probably the only thing that kept him from setting a single season record in INTs.

And JOHNNY KNOX.
I think it was actually

DEVIN AROMASHODU.

DEVIN AROMASHODU.

Knox I don't think caught a pass in that game but he had 45 receptions throughout the year and looked like a young Austin-type.

Aromashodu has bounced around the league. That was like Jamaica Rector ripping off a huge game on them.

superpunk

Reaction score
lol I can never remember. But it was Aromashadu.

NONDESCRIPT BEARS WR #3!

Alexander

Reaction score
superpunk;3225188 said:
lol I can never remember. But it was Aromashadu.

NONDESCRIPT BEARS WR #3!
Seven of his 24 receptions came in that game. Before that game he had not caught a pass over 10 yards.

But it was only because they were not prepared for him. Yes, that is it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Vikes have played well the last 6 quarters after playing really, really poorly. They're a tough out at home, and this game should be one of the best of the season.

Alexander

Reaction score
Idgit;3225236 said:
The Vikes have played well the last 6 quarters after playing really, really poorly. They're a tough out at home, and this game should be one of the best of the season.
They have played well the last four quarters.

I would not call the last two against Chicago where they needed another miracle comeback from Favre and ultimately lost on a Jay Cutler bomb as playing particularly well overall. Their offense has improved over the last six quarters, but their defense was astonishingly bad against Chicago.