Zoners: Did you see the Vikes vs Giants?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander;3225243 said:
They have played well the last four quarters.

I would not call the last two against Chicago where they needed another miracle comeback from Favre and ultimately lost on a Jay Cutler bomb as playing particularly well overall. Their offense has improved over the last six quarters, but their defense was astonishingly bad against Chicago.

It (their defense) was bad, and I probably should shutup b/c I only followed the second half of that CHI game over the internet, but CHI had built up a lead when MIN made a game out of it. I was shaking my head and writing them off for dead as I switched the game off, then they came back and took it to overtime.

It was their STs that ended up losing that game for them, which is good b/c that was a huge problem for them last year and something that's good to see crop up again.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3224957 said:
It's a bad idea to go look at how a team played against similar opponent, especially those that had nothing to play for at the time of the game.

This league is all about match ups.

This is why the we were successful against the Eagles, the Eagles were successful against the Giants and the Giants were successful against us.

what match up advantages do the Giants have on the Cowboys? I still can't believe we lost twice to those yahoos

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Alexander;3225091 said:
Is Chicago's offensive line better than the Cowboys?

That is five. Want to go six, seven and eight with our DL, LB and secondary?

I'm with ya.

Well, maybe Chicago's Kicker is better. :)

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
yimyammer;3225377 said:
what match up advantages do the Giants have on the Cowboys? I still can't believe we lost twice to those yahoos
We had no answer for their passing game when it counted. Their WRs, especially Smith, gave us fits, particularly on third down.

Marktui

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;3224909 said:
Zoners:

Did the Giants starters play in that game? blowing out the Giants, 44-7 wow.....and the Giants did beat us twice.

Please tell me the Vikes are not that good?:rolleyes:

Lets not kid each other, they didn't win 12 games this season by being bad. I know of one game they were lucky to win in, but you can say the same thing about our game against KC.

They are good, but you know what SO ARE THE COWBOYS!!

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Marktui;3225455 said:
Lets not kid each other, they didn't win 12 games this season by being bad. I know of one game they were lucky to win in, but you can say the same thing about our game against KC.

They are good, but you know what SO ARE THE COWBOYS!!

Ya know, I've become a huge believer in...it ain't who ya play...it's when ya play 'em.

They're not playing as well as they were earlier in the year...and clearly, the Saints aren't either.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Juke99;3225618 said:
Ya know, I've become a huge believer in...it ain't who ya play...it's when ya play 'em.

They're not playing as well as they were earlier in the year...and clearly, the Saints aren't either.

But, the Vikes are 8 -0 at home! How can the Cowboys ever overcome those odds?

:confused: