Zoners: Do Not get too excited!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners: We beat Deadskins, 49ers and Hawks.

Lets keep it real.......and yea, this is the Pot calling the Kettle Black just a little bit. :rolleyes:

I was really impressed going to D.C. and playing with heart and passion.......our offense is getting better--agreed. :starspin

I REFUSE to get on the DEFENSIVE BANDWAGON again until we beat a really good team......starting with PITT in 10 days! :confused: Thank goodness Ware does not seem to be hurt BAD!

Keep me LEVEL HEADED Zoners!:starspin

I am excited though!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I can't do anything but take it one game at a time. I guess that's a product of getting older.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
its good to be winning games in a convincing manner again. This is what we were supposed to do to a team like the seahawks.

Hopefully we can shore up our pass defense with pacman. I know its late in the season but henry needs to move to safety, he just isnt getting it done at the corner position.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
You know we need to take heed when CC is telling US to ratchet it down a notch! He's the most optimistic, glass-half full Zoner on here! :) I'm keeping my excitement to a minimum-especially after injuries to 24 & 94-until we go thru a game or two during the stretch run.

dback

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2449270 said:

Lets keep it real.......and yea, this is the Pot calling the Kettle Black just a little bit. :rolleyes:

I was really impressed going to D.C. and playing with heart and passion.......our offense is getting better--agreed. :starspin

I REFUSE to get on the DEFENSIVE BANDWAGON again until we beat a really good team......starting with PITT in 10 days! :confused: Thank goodness Ware does not seem to be hurt BAD!

Keep me LEVEL HEADED Zoners!:starspin

I am excited though!

I am with you 100%. I am convinced that our secondary is still average to below average and the combination of Santonio Holmes, Heinz Ward, and Mewelde(sp?) Moore scares me. We have given up a lot of dinks and dunks which add up to significant yards these past two games. Granted we are dominant in the Red Zone, the Steelers will give us a better gauge to how good we really are. I hope I am wrong come next Sunday.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
Excitment is warranted regardless of who we have played. For me it isn't about the teams we have beaten, but how we are playing. We are playing with passion and as a team. You can see guys taking pride in doing their jobs and genuine excitement from everyone when plays are made.

Teams are having to pick their poison in attempting to stop our offense. Sure, they may load up and slow down our running game, then Romo and Co come out and light it up. If you don't slow down our running game? We bludgeon you in to submission.

What can you say about our Defense right now? They are playing lights out. We have some real studs on that side of the ball and they are starting to all show up now. Imagine getting Pac and Jenkins back... Imagine how sucky we used to be at Corner...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CrazyCowboy;2449270 said:
Yes those last two games we were supposed to win. But don't discount the fact we have won three games in a row. They have played them one at a time and treated all of them like they were playoff games and taken care of business.

We have lost games we all thought we would win so far this year and that could have easily happened these last two weeks. Three W's in a row is reason to be excited because Romo was right when he said our best football is ahead of us.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
Galian Beast;2449286 said:
its good to be winning games in a convincing manner again. This is what we were supposed to do to a team like the seahawks.

Hopefully we can shore up our pass defense with pacman. I know its late in the season but henry needs to move to safety, he just isnt getting it done at the corner position.

Henry was damn good yesterday. It's weird to me why he and Bradie James catch as much flack as they do. They have both been really solid for us.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The team is playing consistant. No matter who we play. That's is great. They are taking care of business. Special teams still scare me somewhat, though they looked improved at times. I think out secondary gives up too many plays and leaves WR's open. But when they need to make a play in the redzone, they step it up.

Pittsburgh on the road will be tough. But from what little I seen of them this year, Big Ben gets pressured and sacked quite a lot. As I said, it seems that way to me.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
7 sacks!!! That's what this defense did yesterday. Now I agree, we did against the hawks, but they have some probowl o-lineman!!

December has been our struggle month for the last 4 years. We need to do this against Pitt to make a statement. Then The G-Girls....sock'em in the mouth!!!

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
I agree with most of CC's points, but were starting to play with the fire that was missing earlier in the season. I still don't trust the defense, but I've seen a change since Wade has been more hands on. The good thing about winning is know we can sit back on Sunday and see if teams like the deadskins, falcons, saints, and panthers can keep pace. I'm expecting to get some help this week considering last week we got none.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Like I said in other threads-I'm not holding my breath. Yes, we've shown alot of heart after our embarrassing loss to the lowly Rams last year-I feel the players woke up and started acting with a sense of urgency, but at the same time...

We were in this exact same situation in '03 and '05-'06...were up and down throughout the first 1/3 of the season, found our mojo from there until Thanksgiving, everyone thought we were gelling into the stretch run, only for TSTHTF in the final sprint. This year is no different, plus the brutal remaining schedule doesn't help either.

I'll wait to see how we do the next 2 weeks.