Zoners: FB position

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
ZONERS:

With Anderson hurt, do you believe Choice with his tough style could play FB?

He just might do a great job and run some quick hitters in the line.

Thoughts? :starspin

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I wouldn't be shocked if they brought in someone they are familiar with like Oliver Hoyte or Lousaka Polite (if he got cut from Chicago) if they feel the need to bring someone in.

And no I dont think Tashard could play Fullback.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
too small

I am ready to go coach, just put me out there

I would rather see two tight ends on the field with witten as an h-back and bennet at tight end.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I think we'll just make do without one for a few weeks. We'll run more 3-TE and Barber/Felix sets instead.

We might miss him most on special teams. He's pretty good there.

(And BTW, I asked a Chiefs forum, and they said Walden is killing it on special teams. Not that I'm rueing or anything. :eek::)

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
What the hell? When did Anderson get hurt?

Dang it! That dude is way too brittle for the FB position. Wish we had drafted Peyton Hillis like I wanted us to.

:(

adamknite

Reaction score
Rack;2267768 said:
What the hell? When did Anderson get hurt?

Dang it! That dude is way too brittle for the FB position. Wish we had drafted Peyton Hillis like I wanted us to.

:(

He's getting his knee cleaned out, said he'd only miss a couple of weeks or so.

fortdick

Reaction score
Bennett could actually benefit from this, if he can make the blocks. If he can block the LB on the ISO, having him in there will force defenses to account for him.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
fortdick;2267797 said:
Bennett could actually benefit from this, if he can make the blocks. If he can block the LB on the ISO, having him in there will force defenses to account for him.

The thing is though, blocking from the TE position is completely different then blocking from the FB position (I've played both positions). Witten has done a lot more of it so I think he'll be the guy "filling in" for Anderson. Bennett will actually be playing more TE though (most likely).

I sure as hell don't want to see Bennett lead blocking for Barber.

fortdick

Reaction score
Rack;2267805 said:
The thing is though, blocking from the TE position is completely different then blocking from the FB position (I've played both positions). Witten has done a lot more of it so I think he'll be the guy "filling in" for Anderson. Bennett will actually be playing more TE though (most likely).

I sure as hell don't want to see Bennett lead blocking for Barber.

With a hurt shoulder, I don't want Witten lead blocking. If Bennett can't do it, put Curtis back there, but not Witten! Bennett can give it a try, if he can't block, at least he would be great on the wheel route from the FB spot.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
fortdick;2267809 said:
With a hurt shoulder, I don't want Witten lead blocking. If Bennett can't do it, put Curtis back there, but not Witten! Bennett can give it a try, if he can't block, at least he would be great on the wheel route from the FB spot.

Well I've also played the FB position with the same injury Witten has. It doesn't hurt much to block, he'll feel more pain catching a high ball then he does with any kind of blocking.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
stealth;2267716 said:
too small

I am ready to go coach, just put me out there

I would rather see two tight ends on the field with witten as an h-back and bennet at tight end.

Why is everyone ruling out Curtis for this role. I would think he's the guy.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Spears...............you kow you thunk it.:D

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2267826 said:
Why is everyone ruling out Curtis for this role. I would think he's the guy.

Bennett is too talented to keep him off the field, and I don't want him taking snaps from witten.

I am pretty much in love with Bennett's skill set, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
stealth;2267858 said:
Bennett is too talented to keep him off the field, and I don't want him taking snaps from witten.

I am pretty much in love with Bennett's skill set, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

I was asking it gently and matter of fact so sorry if I upset you. I really don't understand why Curtis wouldn't be the one though. I really don't think Bennett has the right body type for it.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2267915 said:
I was asking it gently and matter of fact so sorry if I upset you. I really don't understand why Curtis wouldn't be the one though. I really don't think Bennett has the right body type for it.

I am pretty much never upset on here, and trust me, you got enough cred with me that nothing you would say could upset me.

Like I said, I am just in love with Bennett, and I want him on the field as often as is possible.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
stealth;2267858 said:

don't have to tell me that

although I agree w/ you

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
stealth;2267921 said:
I am pretty much never upset on here, and trust me, you got enough cred with me that nothing you would say could upset me.

Like I said, I am just in love with Bennett, and I want him on the field as often as is possible.

Thank you. And I'm glad you weren't upset. I love the guy, too. But hey if they're working Felix in slow then Bennett and Choice, too, I guess. They have got to be trying to work both Bennett and Felix in. Bennett looks like he could be used as a possession WR.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2267936 said:
Thank you. And I'm glad you weren't upset. I love the guy, too. But hey if they're working Felix in slow then Bennett and Choice, too, I guess. They have got to be trying to work both Bennett and Felix in. Bennett looks like he could be used as a possession WR.

I am biased towards the kid, but depending on his speed, I think he has all the tools. The way he put his hands out on that pass that Dawkins broke up screams receiver to me.