Zoners: Great day at Camp today!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners: What a fun day today at training camp

I went to the 12:30 luncheon for $15 consisting of Hamburger/hot dog/chips etc. and Coach Joe Avezzano.

--Best athelete he ever saw was not even close PRIME TIME
--Bill Bates was his all time favorite ST player
--Stated ROMO is a top ten QB and when he wins a Championship he will be considered Elite status, but until then we will have to listen to his haters
--He told me that Randy White, Mark Tuini and Larry Allen was the 3 players that others would not want to mess with.......and that Randy was really tough even today you do not want to mess with Randy.
--Mike Irvin worked harder then any player he was ever around

After the luncheon I went down to the VIP area and out of nowhere there was 37 McCann, Bryan DB ACT 5'10" 190 9/29/1987 2 Southern Methodist and I started asking him questions.

--He stated that Coach Ryan is agressive and he looks forward to more reps with Tnew hurt so he has more chances to show what he can do on D
--Said he thought we would be a much better D this year because this scheme fits the talent of these players better in his opinion SPEED of the players on D
--He said the only player he has covered that is like Dez is Brandon Marshall.....said he was bigger then Dez (I did not know that) and quicker however, he stated that Dez is strong, talented and still learning and might end up even better then Marshall.....I will stick with Dez
--I jokingly stated that Marshall was stopped by his wife/girlfiend recently and that she did not think he was all that tough .....he lol and got a chuckle out of that.

-I then met his agent and he was a really nice man
--He has two clients and just getting started as a agent
--said he worked the deal with Stephen over the phone
--stated Stephen is very nice and easy to deal with
--stated Mr. Jones is a great person
--He gave me his card and said to stay in touch

Next, I started talking to a man who ROMO cousin. He introduced me to Tony's Grandpa and Grandma. I could not believe how nice they were.
I am supposed to meet them tomorrow and they will try to get Tony over and introduce me to him early before practice starts. Fingers crossed.

--I met 80 Bennett, Martellus TE ACT 6'6" 267 3/10/1987 4 Texas A&M father today and he was a pleasant person
--Much shorter then his son.....unreal
--He said the Cowboys will be better this year per his son

I got to speak with 63 Kosier, Kyle G ACT 6'5" 309 11/27/1978 10 Arizona State and ask him point blank......noone was around and I said Kyle, thank you for resigning with the Cowboys.....and congrats...he said thank you....then I said, Kyle, I am not reporter what is your opinion of our rookie tackle Tyron Smith....does he have the tools to be All Pro one day.
--Kyle said Yes, he has all the tools and he will be a "great one soon" his words not mine.

Ok, what a great day, but, the thing I hate about the VIP is your at ground level and it is hard to watch the players and see who/what is going on.

Here is the players that stood out today.

#24 Abe Elam has an awesome practice for only his 2nd day.....I saw him break on the ball from his saftey position and pick off two passes today. He also laid out a Wr.....and then helped him up. He seems faster then I was expecting....and get this he stayed after practice and ran at least 6 50 yd sprints for his conditioning drills and maybe more as I quit watching him

#77 Tyon Smith--Zoners, I have to admit at the 1st practice Ware made him look silly and I admit getting a little scared....like OMG what are we going to do if this guy is a bust....put it to sleep, WE DRAFTED A STUD. He has improved each day more then ANY other player on our team. Coach Joe stated today that he has such a strong base and long arms that he is reminded of Big E. That is all I needed to hear.....anyhow, I saw Smith stop Ware outside move today and push him to the inside....we got an ALL PRO Zoners!

#28 Grandpa Jones is having an awesome camp and I am disappointed noone in the media seems to be noticing......he is getting around the edges....but, he is also running touch between the tackles and today he broke a really long run for a TD.....he is having an outstanding camp IMHO.

OK, I am tired Zoners and hope you enjoy.

I need my beauty rest so I can be ready for the BLUE / WHITE game tomorrow.....GO COWBOYS!;)

ndanger

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;4038155 said:

I went to the 12:30 luncheon for $15 consisting of Hamburger/hot dog/chips etc. and Coach Joe Avezzano.

--Stated ROMO is a top ten QB and when he wins a Championship he will be considered Elite status, but until then we will have to listen to his haters
--He told me that Randy White, Mark Tuini and Larry Allen was the 3 players that others would not want to mess with.......and that Randy was really tough even today you do not want to mess with Randy.

After the luncheon I went down to the VIP area and out of nowhere there was 37 McCann, Bryan DB ACT 5'10" 190 9/29/1987 2 Southern Methodist and I started asking him questions.

--He stated that Coach Ryan is agressive and he looks forward to more reps with Tnew hurt so he has more chances to show what he can do on D
--Said he thought we would be a much better D this year because this scheme fits the talent of these players better in his opinion SPEED of the players on D
--He said the only player he has covered that is like Dez is Brandon Marshall.....said he was bigger then Dez (I did not know that) and quicker however, he stated that Dez is strong, talented and still learning and might end up even better then Marshall.....I will stick with Dez
--I jokingly stated that Marshall was stopped by his wife/girlfiend recently and that she did not think he was all that tough .....he lol and got a chuckle out of that.

Next, I started talking to a man who ROMO cousin. He introduced me to Tony's Grandpa and Grandma. I could not believe how nice they were.
I am supposed to meet them tomorrow and they will try to get Tony over and introduce me to him early before practice starts. Fingers crossed.

--I met 80 Bennett, Martellus TE ACT 6'6" 267 3/10/1987 4 Texas A&M father today and he was a pleasant person

I got to speak with 63 Kosier, Kyle G ACT 6'5" 309 11/27/1978 10 Arizona State and ask him point blank......noone was around and I said Kyle, thank you for resigning with the Cowboys.....and congrats...he said thank you....then I said, Kyle, I am not reporter what is your opinion of our rookie tackle Tyron Smith....does he have the tools to be All Pro one day.
--Kyle said Yes, he has all the tools and he will be a "great one soon" his words not mine.

Ok, what a great day, but, the thing I hate about the VIP is your at ground level and it is hard to watch the players and see who/what is going on.

#24 Abe Elam has an awesome practice for only his 2nd day.....I saw him break on the ball from his saftey position and pick off two passes today. He also laid out a Wr.....and then helped him up. He seems faster then I was expecting....and get this he stayed after practice and ran at least 6 50 yd sprints for his conditioning drills and maybe more as I quit watching him

#77 Tyon Smith--Zoners, I have to admit at the 1st practice Ware made him look silly and I admit getting a little scared....like OMG what are we going to do if this guy is a bust....put it to sleep, WE DRAFTED A STUD. He has improved each day more then ANY other player on our team. Coach Joe stated today that he has such a strong base and long arms that he is reminded of Big E. That is all I needed to hear.....anyhow, I saw Smith stop Ware outside move today and push him to the inside....we got an ALL PRO Zoners!

#28 Grandpa Jones is having an awesome camp and I am disappointed noone in the media seems to be noticing......he is getting around the edges....but, he is also running touch between the tackles and today he broke a really long run for a TD.....he is having an outstanding camp IMHO.

I need my beauty rest so I can be ready for the BLUE / WHITE game tomorrow.....GO COWBOYS!;)

Thanks Crazy you are the bomb diggity !:D

T-New41

Shut 'em Down
Reaction score
Nice write up, thank you. Good luck tmr, I hope you get to meet Rom

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
Little OT but does ESPN Dallas still do those chalk talks with Joe?

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
outstanding post!!!

thank you..great job.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Thanks crazy for your always entertaining and informative camp reports.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Thanks, CrazyCowboy! Great write up and appreciate you sharing :)

Staggerlee

chip_gilkey
Reaction score
Much appreciated man and let me say I am really jealous you got to meet with all those players.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Crazy... thank you so much for all the TC updates. Always a good read, and much better than Archer's and Watkin's. Good luck tomorrow. I look forward to a recap of the day's activities.

Thanks again and good night!

Duane

Reaction score
Sounds like you had a blast today. Thanks for sharing all the info.

SinCityMex

angry1
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;4038155 said:

Good Info!!! Thanks

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Hostile;4038226 said:
Longest post ever from you CC.

j/k Thank you.

:D Man, I am surprised how good his notes have been, well, I guess since I am so used to reading mostly one liners from CC.

Thanks for the Writeup CC.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If I remember right (too lazy to look it up at the moment), Elam has good speed for a safety. So does Sensabaugh.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
OK, I looked it up. Elam ran a 4.49 and Sensabaugh a 4.44, according to NFL Draft Scout.

lostinomiya

Reaction score
Great post..thanks.

While nobody is claiming Elam is an all-pro just having someone who can hopefully play the position with confidence is something I am looking forward to.