Zoners: How disappointed would you be if the 'boys drafted Pryor?

Bigtommyb

Reaction score
jazzcat22;4056857 said:
???? what does Qcar have to do with Pryor?

NOTHING.....

Some of you on here are just either idiots or underlining RACIST! The NCAA is a complete joke , these school mainly the big ones are making millions off these kids back. There the one's stealing!!! How abouit we see a guy that is 6'6 230 and played in a VERY competitive conference and was very SUCCESSFUL can actual make it at quarterback......in stead of switching him to WR! Why haven't i heard a good percentage of you say Tim Tebow should be a running back instead of quarterback before he even stepped in a NFL stadium? I wonder why?????????

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bigtommyb;4056871 said:
Some of you on here are just either idiots or underlining RACIST! The NCAA is a complete joke , these school mainly the big ones are making millions off these kids back. There the one's stealing!!! How abouit we see a guy that is 6'6 230 and played in a VERY competitive conference and was very SUCCESSFUL can actual make it at quarterback......in stead of switching him to WR! Why haven't i heard a good percentage of you say Tim Tebow should be a running back instead of quarterback before he even stepped in a NFL stadium? I wonder why?????????

What the H are you talking about...my comment had nothing to do with RACE....or the NCAA.....do not be calling people "idiots" if you yourself, don't come off sounding like one!!!!

I was commenting how does someone equate Carter and Pryor.....one has nothing to do with the other, or race, or switching positions, drafting a QB to play WR.....

RS12

Reaction score
Why bother when you can just pick him up after he gets cut from the Raiders in a few years.

Bigtommyb

Reaction score
jazzcat22;4056890 said:
What the H are you talking about...my comment had nothing to do with RACE....or the NCAA.....do not be calling people "idiots" if you yourself, don't come off sounding like one!!!!

I was commenting how does someone equate Carter and Pryor.....one has nothing to do with the other, or race, or switching positions, drafting a QB to play WR.....

I was very Clear in what i said! Google the word "UNDERLYING"? The comparison between Carter and Pryor is idiotic in itself!! I was refering to some people on here who reacts if the kid murdered or raped someone. I didn't say "YOU" specifically. He made mistakes, sometime on these boards people try to act as if their Holier then thou. Im able to look at someone being young made a mistake ....especially when there's a system making millions of of his back and SUCCESSES that he has accomplished. The NCAA is the problem Too! Unless you feel guilty i wasn't refering to you personally! How can his successes in a Big conference be overlooked because he got some tatoos and other stuff when OS is making millions off of his back????? Let's see if he can play QB first i think he has already proved he can play in a Big NCAA CONFERENCE and i think we've given way lesser TALENTED players a CHANCE!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Bigtommyb;4056843 said:
It woudn't change a thing with team. Wherever he goes he's not playing right away? However Mcgee has shown that he should move up the depth chart and Kitna should retire. I'm grateful for what he did , but if Mcgee has another decent game i think we can release Kitna and then i wouldn't mind bringing in Pryor as a project. Some of you make me laugh,you act as if you've never made a mistake as a kid or act like he murdered or raped someone. Gimme a break, while it doesn't excuse for having bad judgement the NCAA system has problems. I can forgive the kid, i'm not judgemental! Start your NFL career Pryor!!!!! To He11 with people!

6th or 7th round pick would be worth the gamble in my opinion...

TheFinisher

Reaction score
He's worth the gamble as a late round pick. He's similar in a lot of ways to Cam Newton who just went #1 overall, I don't know how you pass up that type of value/talent in the later rounds.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bigtommyb;4056931 said:
How can his successes in a Big conference be overlooked because he got some tatoos and other stuff when OS is making millions off of his back????? Let's see if he can play QB first i think he has already proved he can play in a Big NCAA CONFERENCE and i think we've given way lesser TALENTED players a CHANCE!

To draft or not draft Prior has nothing to do with his success at OSU or tatoos. It has nothing to do with giving less talented players a chance in our teams history.

It has everything to do with one thing - can he play in the NFL. It's that simple. If Garrett thinks so we will roll the dice. I trust his judgement.

romo2to

Reaction score
Just curious, but what has Pryor done off the field that is so bad?

Selling memorabilia is not much different that what Dez did at Oklahoma State to get suspended.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
zrinkill;4056277 said:
If Garrett wants him there has to be a reason.

NCAA is the most corrupt organization in sports ..... they suspended the kid because they wanted to make money off his image instead of him making the money.

:hammer:

Hypocrytical bunch of holier-than-thou, blowhards.

Bigtommyb

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;4057010 said:
To draft or not draft Prior has nothing to do with his success at OSU or tatoos. It has nothing to do with giving less talented players a chance in our teams history.

It has everything to do with one thing - can he play in the NFL. It's that simple. If Garrett thinks so we will roll the dice. I trust his judgement.

We agree! I'm saying Pryor has been successful! That all! People look at the off the field stuff, but that's another issue for another day? We have given lesser Talented people 'A CHANCE". There are people on this board saying he should automatically be tryed at other position ? Why? How can you draw that conclusiom when he has been succesful in a very competitive conference? That was my reasoning for refering to his Sucesses? No one knows if he can "including Garrrett ? it's about whether we want to give him the oppurtunity? Anybody is A crap shoot? Garrett is the in the first year Head coach what does he Really know that any year coach knows? The problem i had was with his physical skills and sucesses how can you not give him an op[purtunity and in two years see how he has progressed?

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Anything more than a 6th and on a scale of 1 to 10 my level of pissed off would be right about a Chris Brown.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
I wouldnt be disappointed at all actually, but I just don't see it. Its not like we are cutting Kitna or McGee, or moving them or whatever for Pryor who is no where near ready. If they do draft them, I wouldn't mind at all, he has talent and if Garret wants him, go for it. Late round pick would be cool with me. Other QB needy teams would probably give a higher pick. We could be like the Eagles/PAts...ect and develop him and trade him lol

I just cant see them keeping all four QBs on the roster, nor can I see them trading/cutting one we already have.

kTXe

On To The Next One
Reaction score
gmoney112;4056304 said:
Terrelle Pryor has those intangibles which allow him to perform on the move evasive cuts without the expesnse of losing any force or invariability, speed. that speed is indicated by the eyes, he can display this eyes after only the speed has been initiated, also bobbing his head up and down as his long, powerul strides have begun that final stage of his drive to paydirt.
What the hell?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Aven8;4056814 said:
As long as it is 6th or a 7th I would be for it. This kid is on the same level as Cam and VY are. In fact IMO he's stronger then both of them. The wishing for McGee to be our backup is a pipe dream. He just doesn't have "it". Not saying Pryor does either, but just like the great team's do, you have to keep turning over stones.

Cam Newton is on a completely different plane than Vince Young. They shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath.

burmafrd

Reaction score
anyone wanting a bad apple on their team deserves for that team to go 0-16. And that is what he would be.