ZONERS: I am Depressed ... help me!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners,

I love the Cowboys and believe we have a Super Bowl team.

So why am I felling Depressed, you ask?

Tom Brady, Randy Moss

I really want us to beat this bunch.......my heart says we can BUT my damn brain is pissing me off!

What can I tell my brain?:bang2:

Help!

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
sorry, CC, no way we can beat the Pats with our current secondary.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CrazyCowboy;1775997 said:
Zoners,

Tom Brady, Randy Moss

I really want us to beat this bunch.......my heart says we can BUT my damn brain is pissing me off!

Help!

Tell your brain to enjoy some valium. ;) :p:

morasp

Reaction score
It's a long season. I don't hope for injury to any team but if Brady or Moss go down their offense is reduced significantly. IF we play them again hopefully Henry will be healthier, Tank will be adjusted to the 3-4 and in playing shape, and Reeves will have a full season playing under his belt.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
You are depressed if you wrote more than one sentence. ;)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Zoners,

Tom Brady, Randy Moss

Help!

I dunno.... start routing for the Pats.... but after we beat their arse in SB.... will you come back?

Daudr

Reaction score
We beat the Patriots in the Superbowl this year (probably ending their perfect season then too) - book it.

JPM

Reaction score
Teague31;1776000 said:
sorry, CC, no way we can beat the Pats with our current secondary.
Please name a secondary that can beat the Pats ?

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I feel your pain. But right now all We can do is just wait and see how the season turns out. Get in the playoffs, and hopefully go on a hot streak and full of momentum. You never know we might get to the Sb and shock the world.

But if we doplay them again, We need toa djust our defensive scheme big time...

DallasDomination

Reaction score
JPM;1776069 said:
Please name a secondary that can beat the Pats ?
The colts secondary and Defensive front did a great job against them. they actually could of lost that game if the colts would of gone for it on 4rth and short instead of settling for a Fg in the first half.

Guys the Pats can be beat..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
My hope is we do make the SB and face the Pats. They are the best in the NFL and if you want to make the claim of being the best then you go out and beat the best. Right now the Cowboys are exceeding my expectation this season sitting at 9-1 so I can't say I'm depressed about how this team is playing.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
DallasDomination;1776106 said:
The colts secondary and Defensive front did a great job against them. they actually could of lost that game if the colts would of gone for it on 4rth and short instead of settling for a Fg in the first half.

Yes they can. We cut down penalties in our game... who knows...

Doomsday101;1776107 said:
My hope is we do make the SB and face the Pats. They are the best in the NFL and if you want to make the claim of being the best then you go out and beat the best. Right now the Cowboys are exceeding my expectation this season sitting at 9-1 so I can't say I'm depressed about how this team is playing.

Well said.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Zoners,

Tom Brady, Randy Moss

Help!
Last year we were 9-7. This year we are 9-1. That means in order to equal last year we would have to lose the rest of our games. That isn't happening.

In other words, this team is improving and still has room to improve more. I find that to be incredibly positive.

I knew during the off season that the Patriots were going to be out of this world good. You don't add 3 WRs who are better than what you had and a top notch OLB as well as a solid draft to an already solid team and not get better.

It isn't time to measure the Cowboys against the Patriots. Right now the first order of business is to win the division. A sweep would be a nice way to do that since in the NFCE that is very rare. We're 2 games from completing that sweep.

The second order of business is to secure home field advantage for the NFC. To that end I am more concerned right now about the Green Bay Packers. We actually play them in a couple of weeks and they are playing great football. In my mind it is pointless to worry about the Patriots in Februaury 3 months away when in 2 weeks we may be playing for who gets Home Field advantage in the NFC.

Finally I want to win playoff games to even get to the Super Bowl. It isn't a set in stone fact we are going. The playoff victory drought has gone on long enough. The fact of the matter is we will likely be facing some tough teams once we get there and looking past them to the Patriots is foolish.

I don't know if this will cheer you up or bring you out of your depression funk, but hopefully you will stop focusing on the Patriots. They aren't important at all right now.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Hostile;1776126 said:
I don't know if this will cheer you up or bring you out of your depression funk, but hopefully you will stop focusing on the Patriots. They aren't important at all right now.

Yeah.... but you gotta admit... the fact that WE CAN talk about a possible SB against them IS EXCITING...... THIS YEAR we are a team that could take its shot... unlike years past.....

JPM

Reaction score
DallasDomination;1776106 said:

And they still lost.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
YoMick;1776161 said:
Yeah.... but you gotta admit... the fact that WE CAN talk about a possible SB against them IS EXCITING...... THIS YEAR we are a team that could take its shot... unlike years past.....
I don't do fictional representations very well. I have a good imagination, just not that good I guess.

I want to actually get there. Not just imagine us there and imagine scenarios where we can win it. We played the Patriots and lost. I'm focused on the Jets and Packers. They are our next 2 opponents and one of them could derail a lot of fantasies.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Look at it this way.

If we play the Patriots again it wont be on a short week with an emotional Monday night game.

Hopefully our secondary can stay healthy so we can put Newman on Welker and get off the field on 3rd down.

There is a lot of things you can be excited about if in fact we get to play these guys again.

Moss and Brady are the shiznit though. I was one of the few who actually believed before the season that this tandem would be as lethal as it is.

I cant believe how everyone wrote off Moss.

JPM

Reaction score
Maxmadden;1776245 said:
Just 3 more days and your blues will be gone.
No it won't even if we win it'll be the same sky is falling posts.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
i remember when the lowly Pats upset the Greatest Show on Turf. (two touchdown or so underdogs)

the phrase "upset sunday" was coined for a reason.