Zoners: I found ONE player who would help us!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
He's not a 3-4 DE, and he has not been very successful in the NFL despite a lot of college acclaim.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McDougle could come in an compete at linebacker, but we're loaded at the position already. In the short term, Bobby Carpenter's experience in the 3-4 would still be more valuable than McDougle trying to learn a new position on the fly.

He's an interesting story, though. A former first-round draft pick who has suffered knee and arm injuries in addition to living with an irregular heartbeat at some point and was a gunshot victim during a robbery--all before the age of 29. Wow. Still, he's no Keith Davis...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2224529 said:
http://www.delcotimes.com/site/news...=1675&PAG=461&dept_id=18170&rfi=6

We need another pass rusher from the DE position and this guy could more then provide the help.

Who is on board?

Sorry, no... he'd have to play OLB for the Boys, he simply doesn't have the size to play DE in a 3-4 (6-2, 265 pounds)... ... I think that Ware, Ellis and Spencer provide all the pass rush we're gonna need from OLB...

And he has been VERY brittle over his career...

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Guys--thought about and read all responses.......EACH of you are right.

On 2nd thought .......I don't want this guy........thanks!

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2224617 said:
Guys--thought about and read all responses.......EACH of you are right.

On 2nd thought .......I don't want this guy........thanks!

You're sure? ;)

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
You realize if we sign him we have to cut one of our players right?

Is he better than what we have?

No

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
TheKey;2224727 said:
You realize if we sign him we have to cut one of our players right?

Is he better than what we have?

No

Well we do have 11 O lineman and 12 DB ima pretty sure we could find the room.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I don't think he's a fit at all for a 3-4 DE but he doe's fit the "Hybrid" model physically, don't know mentally as in dropping back in coverage. I'd go after Polk since he could help on ST's, knows Wades system and is a better player than Rogers. McDougle would be a project who is on the down side of his career being that he is getting up in age although not having played much due to injury and irregular circumstances.

:starspin You can never have enough pass rushers or good corners, just not long term projects hitting their 30's. He's a 4-3 DE and will be a decent fit for NY, not us.