ZONERS: I guarantee this will fix the problem

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners,

Our players as a whole are DUMB!

PENALITIES are killing us in lost games more then any thing else--check the box scores of our losses. :bang2: Simple as that!

The Giants had few penalties.....

We need to STRESS penalties to our players......FIVE per game should be the goal.

Do you smart Zoners agree?

Ashwynn

Reaction score
I agree that the penalties were dumb mostly, whats up with Columbo and Flos daily false start? Its like they have to have one per game to hear there name called or something.

Whats surprising is its you saying anything negitive. This may be the first post I seen that was not all smiles and sunshine from you.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1905881 said:
Zoners,

PENALITIES are killing us in lost games more then any thing else--check the box scores of our losses. :bang2: Simple as that!

We need to STRESS penalties to our players......FIVE per game should be the goal.

No doubt in my mind Dallas players have to cut down on the penalties. These flags are killing drive and keeping the other teams drives alive

landryscorner

Reaction score
i've seen too many false starts from flozell and colombo to realize that it's not just a reoccuring problem for these two, its an epidemic, how many runs and passes have we seen this year called back because of these two, these guys are professionals, the balls right there!!

erase half of the false starts of these two, or all of them, and definetely we could be talking championship right now, its unacceptable, I think they should be accountable to the whole team for this, yes I know them two didn't single handly loose the game for us, but it is evident these two: flozell leading the whole NFL career wise, and Colombo leading the Cowboys in False starts is just down right pathetic

Doomsday101

Reaction score
landryscorner;1905977 said:
i've seen too many false starts from flozell and colombo to realize that it's not just a reoccuring problem for these two, its an epidemic, how many runs and passes have we seen this year called back because of these two, these guys are professionals, the balls right there!!

erase half of the false starts of these two, or all of them, and definetely we could be talking championship right now, its unacceptable, I think they should be accountable to the whole team for this, yes I know them two didn't single handly loose the game for us, but it is evident these two: flozell leading the whole NFL career wise, and Colombo leading the Cowboys in False starts is just down right pathetic

I agree both have to stop jumping, hell they know what the count in on there is no excuse for constantly jumping. I have to say though in this game Davis hacked me off with his stupid penalty. Witten gains 15 on the play and a 1st down but that comes back and they move us back 15. 30 yard loss on that play alone that backed us up in a game where field position was critical

CosmicCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners,

Your dead on CC....and to me our team lost focus....:(

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Zoners,

I would agree, but at the same time I would like for the NFL to get rid of the "phantom" penalties as well, such as Ware's supposed offsides and Romo's supposed intentional grounding and Leonard Davis' supposed personal foul (as if he has eyes in the back of his head). These add up as well and in a way costed us the game.

I also believe, as in basketball with fouls, that at the end in a tight game the penalties should be at least close to even on both sides...unless one team is CLEARLY commiting penalties.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ryanbabs;1905993 said:
I would agree, but at the same time I would like for the NFL to get rid of the "phantom" penalties as well, such as Ware's supposed offsides and Romo's supposed intentional grounding and Leonard Davis' supposed personal foul (as if he has eyes in the back of his head). These add up as well and in a way costed us the game.

I also believe, as in basketball with fouls, that at the end in a tight game the penalties should be at least close to even on both sides...unless one team is CLEARLY commiting penalties.

I agree that Ware while close seemed to be exact with the snap. I agree that Romo threw it away while not under pressure and the league should modify the rule. As for Davis it was legit Strahan was on the ground and Romo has already thrown the ball and Davis buried him. No reason for that at all. Davis has to keep his emotions in check and that was just stupid and costly.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1905975 said:
No doubt in my mind Dallas players have to cut down on the penalties. These flags are killing drive and keeping the other teams drives alive

It aint gonna happen. This leopard team isnt capable of changing it stripes. :banghead:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;1906029 said:
It aint gonna happen. This leopard team isnt capable of changing it stripes. :banghead:

I disagree. I don't buy into a person can't change yes they can.

notherbob

Reaction score
There were so many mistakes of so many kinds in that game Sunday I don't see how any of them could lay claim to a three-digit IQ. They were utterly unprepared for the game at all levels and poor decisions were made from top to bottom. Joseephus is right, poor tackling led to that first score and I said to my self at the time that if that's the way they're going to play the game, they're going to embarrass themselves all day and they did.

The one with the least amount of smarts of the bunch is Crayton - I hope everyone he meets the next six months laughs in his face for how stupid he acted and how lousy he played. What an embarrassing fool. Talk about pride going before a fall. Only a half-witted moron could set himself up for such an obvious disasterous failure on nationwide TV for all to see.

I hope Crayton never lives this down and hope he comes into camp next year with a fear-crazed psychosis about trash-talking and never does it again.

After all those drops, I have a hard time seeing any QB have any faith in him as a receiver for a long time.

</rant>

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Adams will not be resigned... that will solve some of the penalty issues.

khiladi

Reaction score
notherbob;1906126 said:
I hope Crayton never lives this down and hope he comes into camp next year with a fear-crazed psychosis about trash-talking and never does it again.

I hope it's a fear-crazed psychosis that motivates him to come out and simply perform at a high level.

Trash-talking is not what was the problem, his lack of focus catching the ball did. The guy rarely ever dropped a pass all season. The whole team looked out of sync and lacked focus.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1906133 said:

Who is ready to step up and take his place?

Flo makes alot of flags, however, he did have a great year.

Are we ready to do away with his production?

Can Doug Free do the job?

Tough call.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki;1906133 said:
That is a start.

We also need to educate the refs on Ware's speed.

Route 66

Reaction score
Penalties have been addressed numerous times by the coaching staff. That isn't why we didn't make it to the NFC Championship. In other words, sitting down with everyone and hashing out the penalty situation all over again isn't going to make the difference. This was dealt with during regular season. Did it help? No. The blame lies on either the coaching staff to get their point across or the players to not execute.

It was a lack of heart and production that lost that game.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CrazyCowboy;1906157 said:
Who is ready to step up and take his place?

Flo makes alot of flags, however, he did have a great year.

Are we ready to do away with his production?

Can Doug Free do the job?

Tough call.

You have to embrace the future.

Adams is gone.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Ashwynn;1905966 said:
I agree that the penalties were dumb mostly, whats up with Columbo and Flos daily false start? Its like they have to have one per game to hear there name called or something.

Whats surprising is its you saying anything negitive. This may be the first post I seen that was not all smiles and sunshine from you.

Flo had 10 false starts all year, and as Wade said he is almost always going up against the other teams best pass rusher. Not only that but he is deaf in one ear...Flo played great this year. I have no problem with any part of his play. (well besides the last quarter)

But yes, he may be gone next year, and because of his age and price, Im not sure this is a bad thing unless we can sign him for one year, doubt it.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Zoners,

One of the reasons why the Giants' OL commit far fewer penalties now are b/c Luke Pettigout is no longer there. Yah-he made Flozell look like a very, very disciplined player.

I have to agree with you, when it comes to penalties, I'm wouldn't be so fast to point fingers at the coach. Yes-they are accountable the most, but if the mentality of the players are bone-stupid, WHAT can you do??:banghead: