Zoners: I have great respect for our ST coach

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners:

I wish each of you could of witnessed our new ST Coach Joe D kick butt out there today. The ST took the practice field first partly beacuse of our coach is in rehab and partly because of the extra emphasis on ST play this year.

The guy is full of ENERGY! He ran accross the field and chewed out a gunner and then grab someone else's facemask.......gosh I would of loved to heard what he said to them!

Rumor has it that he cusses like a sailer, however, the players LOVE him.

My point is this guy has added some much needed TOUGHNESS to our coaching staff! Great hire Mr. Jones and company. I just watched and gained a termendous amount of respect for this coach today!

:bang2: Bruce Reed.....where are you? ....ah, who cares. :banghead:

Reaction score
haha who cares about Bruce Read, him leaving was the top of my offseason priority list. Hoping that our ST unit is much much improved this year, Im sick of having an elite defense have to defend a 60 yard field.

Maybe Lloyd, I mean, Bruce and Harry finally started there ant farm "i got worms" and has no time to coach football anymore

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
HurdIsNoTurd;2859365 said:
haha who cares about Bruce Read, him leaving was the top of my offseason priority list. Hoping that our ST unit is much much improved this year, Im sick of having an elite defense have to defend a 60 yard field.

Maybe Lloyd, I mean, Bruce and Harry finally started there ant farm "i got worms" and has no time to coach football anymore

You got that right......man, our ST coverage (or lack thereof) killed on Defense on more then one occasion last year......you CANNOT have a short field in the NFL.....for any Defense, the NFL talent is just too good.

Route 66

Reaction score
I don't think I have seen so much vocabulary come out of CC in years. This truly must be a special season.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
Rowdy;2859397 said:
I don't think I have seen so much vocabulary come out of CC in years. This truly must be a special season.

I'm digging it too. It sure beats "Great, thanks for posting" (I'm not knocking you). Hopefully a sign of things to come.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan;2859400 said:
I'm digging it too. It sure beats "Great, thanks for posting" (I'm not knocking you). Hopefully a sign of things to come.

I think that ST coach got CC fired up!!!!:laugh2:

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Crazy, I envy you being able to be their first hand. You're doing a heckuva job reporting for us. Love your enthusiasm and passion. Coach D is one of the bright spots for this organization.

You just get a sense of something special brewing with the Cowboys. Yeah I know it's practice 1 of training camp, but this has been brewing since we cut "the player" and the rest of the riff raff.

As I stated before in a previous post earlier this week, this could be a very special year for the Cowboys. So keep up the good work CC! :cool:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CrazyCowboy;2859354 said:
I wish each of you could of witnessed our new ST Coach Joe D kick butt out there today. The ST took the practice field first partly beacuse of our coach is in rehab and partly because of the extra emphasis on ST play this year.

The guy is full of ENERGY! He ran accross the field and chewed out a gunner and then grab someone else's facemask.......gosh I would of loved to heard what he said to them!

My point is this guy has added some much needed TOUGHNESS to our coaching staff! Great hire Mr. Jones and company. I just watched and gained a termendous amount of respect for this coach today!
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/thread_stuff/th_kip_yes.gif

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Fletch;2859505 said:
Crazy, I envy you being able to be their first hand. You're doing a heckuva job reporting for us. Love your enthusiasm and passion. Coach D is one of the bright spots for this organization.

You just get a sense of something special brewing with the Cowboys. Yeah I know it's practice 1 of training camp, but this has been brewing since we cut "the player" and the rest of the riff raff.

As I stated before in a previous post earlier this week, this could be a very special year for the Cowboys. So keep up the good work CC! :cool:

I agree with you, however, after last seasons disappointment I am trying to not get REALLY EXCITED! :bow:

tchoice23

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2859354 said:
Zoners:

:bang2: Bruce Reed.....where are you? ....ah, who cares. :banghead:

I am guessing, Stanback. Stanback fans are gonna kill me.

Four

Reaction score
cept there is no way stanback is playing gunner on special teams, Watkins was one I think, don't recall who else. Maybe a rook?