Zoners: I like the way Prisco is thinking

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
NY Giants at Dallas Cowboys - 4:25 p.m.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/prisco/picks/week8

The Cowboys have never beaten the Giants in Cowboys Stadium, but beat them on the road to open the season. If the Cowboys are to have a real chance at a division title, they have to win this game. The Giants love this road warriors role. This time, though, I think Tony Romo gets the better of Eli Manning.
:star:

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
I'll be interested in seeing how the defensive side of the ball responds to Sean being out. My (admittedly flawed) memory doesn't give me a lot of recent examples of the defense rising up to meet adversity aggressively, so I'm a bit pessimistic. Then again, it may not be that I'm feeling pessimistic, I might just be sad. Sean was becoming my favorite player to watch.

I don't think the problems will be on the offensive side of the ball - Tony & co are going to start getting in a groove. But if I were a betting man (and I am), I'd take the Giants in a shootout.

A win here would be absolutely massive, though.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Given the hits the Cowboys have had to deal with this week with the loss of Lee I think it will be important for the Cowboys to get off to a fast start in this game to gain some confidence. I think getting off to a slow start and making mistakes early on could be a disaster.

NY is going to be out there to prove week 1 was a fluke and the Cowboys better be ready to come out of the gates quickly to show NY we are not going away anytime soon.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
But I was told we are going to get crushed down the seam. That there is no way we win this game. Season is over after we get blown out by the Giants.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fletch;4803320 said:
But I was told we are going to get crushed down the seam. That there is no way we win this game. Season is over after we get blown out by the Giants.

Is this a back-handed way of saying you think the Cowboys will win the game?

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Shinywalrus;4803304 said:
I'll be interested in seeing how the defensive side of the ball responds to Sean being out. My (admittedly flawed) memory doesn't give me a lot of recent examples of the defense rising up to meet adversity aggressively, so I'm a bit pessimistic. Then again, it may not be that I'm feeling pessimistic, I might just be sad. Sean was becoming my favorite player to watch.

I don't think the problems will be on the offensive side of the ball - Tony & co are going to start getting in a groove. But if I were a betting man (and I am), I'd take the Giants in a shootout.

Dan Connor will likely replace Lee and while he doesn't have Lee's athleticism, he is a veteran and should be able to make the defensive calls as well as make some plays for us. The other guys need to ALL step up though.

One thing I'd really like to see is when our DBs get their hands on a pass that they make the INT instead of dropping it like they usually do. One INT and about a dozen dropped passes so far this year is pathetic.

We've got to create turnovers and take advantage of them when the opportunity arises.

The offense cannot afford to play conservatively either IMO. Stop playing for FGs and go for the throat. I'd rather lose trying to make plays than to allow the other team to steal it away at the end due to us suddenly playing "NOT TO LOSE".

Can we beat the Giants? Of course we can. Will we? History says not in our house but we can if the defense puts consistent pressure on Eli and the offense scores TDs instead of FGs.

Oh, and Dez cannot afford to drop any more balls. :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: That dude should be on the Asthma Field every day after practice. 4 laps every day for every pass he has dropped this season. He'd be running a marathon every day at this rate. :laugh2:

canters

Reaction score
The "boys can win this game if they win the turnover battle. WE MUST hit ELI and WE MUST HIT HIM HARD!!

Venger

Reaction score
While there is not much to suggest the Cowboys *will* win the game, they certainly *can* win the game. Anything can happen in NFC East division games.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
stasheroo;4803322 said:
Is this a back-handed way of saying you think the Cowboys will win the game?

Dang right it was. I figured I would stick with the current theme that continuously gets started as new threads. It's as if we didn't understand said fan's frustration the first time around. :rolleyes:

My stance is that we have just as good of a shot at beating the Giants as we did the first time around. Even back then we had no shot. Same goes for this game, I guess.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fletch;4803387 said:
Dang right it was. I figured I would stick with the current theme that continuously gets started as new threads. It's as if we didn't understand said fan's frustration the first time around. :rolleyes:

And instead of taking the high road and simply stating you believe that the Cowboys will win, you decided to take the low road.

I don't see how that helps.

My stance is that we have just as good of a shot at beating the Giants as we did the first time around. Even back then we had no shot. Same goes for this game, I guess.

I can respect your stance while disagreeing with you.

I liked where the Cowboys were headed coming into the season and in fact predicted a win when most didn't. You can look it up if you're especially bored.

But since then, I do not like what they've shown and where they appear to be headed and while I'm pessimistic, I hope I'm proven wrong come Monday and invite anyone to tell me as much.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Doomsday;4803405 said:
Hopefully this is the game the passing game starts to click.

I agree. I don't know why but I have a feeling Miles will have a big game this week.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Cowboys win if they just don't shoot themselves in the foot. Like usual.

Seriously, half the losses Dallas has have nothing to do with the other team. nothing.

yes, that is complete blind homerism. but, it is the truth.

Not concerned with the defense. Offensive and ST's better provide something.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
stasheroo;4803396 said:
And instead of taking the high road and simply stating you believe that the Cowboys will win, you decided to take the low road.

I don't see how that helps.

I can respect your stance while disagreeing with you.

I liked where the Cowboys were headed coming into the season and in fact predicted a win when most didn't. You can look it up if you're especially bored.

But since then, I do not like what they've shown and where they appear to be headed and while I'm pessimistic, I hope I'm proven wrong come Monday and invite anyone to tell me as much.

Trust me when I tell you that you will get over Fletch's post. Please don't lose any sleep tonight by him taking the so called "low road".

Get real Cornholio

silver

Reaction score
Shinywalrus;4803304 said:

we might have to play a lot more nickle defense to avoid having slower linebackers covering backs and tight ends to make up for Lee's play making ability in pass defense. In other words this is where Ryan shows what he's made off.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas;4803622 said:
Trust me when I tell you that you will get over Fletch's post. Please don't lose any sleep tonight by him taking the so called "low road".

Get real Cornholio

And you stay classy San Diego!

:D

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
sure we can win it--line has dropped to Dallas +3.5 or so--so others think we have a chance too--a win would completely redeem this team

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
We have shown the ability to move the ball up and down the field. But we fall flat in the redzone and wind up settling for fg's. We wont beat the Giants settling for fg's.