Zoners: It is official... season is OVER!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners:

Ok....I said it and I also want to apologize to anyone I offended before this season when I somehow predicted we would win the SUPER BOWL! :lmao:

Woods

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;3679538 said:
You don't think it's still possible ?

They could run the table.

Come on, take it easy on CC. :)

The positive thing is that we're getting a new coaching staff by next season (assuming there is a season, of course).

cml750

Reaction score
You know it is bad when Crazycowboy gives up!!!!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score

ok....I do deserve that!

yes, I do feel it is OVER! :star:

this is the earlest ever that I felt this way.....In 89 i never gave up....but, I jumped on the players band wagon last night and gave up:bang2:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Oh man you have to be loving this.

I honestly haven't enjoyed other teams misery at all this year because we top all of these guys.

It sucks being this bad.

Losing that feeling of having your favorite team winning games and playing in meaningful games every Sunday is a hard thing to lose.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;3679535 said:
Zoners:

Ok....I said it and I also want to apologize to anyone I offended before this season when I somehow predicted we would win the SUPER BOWL! :lmao:

CrazyCowboy;3679576 said:
ok....I do deserve that!

You have nothing to apologize for ...... especially to a Commander troll.

You are a real fan through thick and thin ..... the Cowboys need more fans like you not less.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Zoners:

I can't believe you're quiting on this team.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Woods;3679548 said:
Come on, take it easy on CC. :)

The positive thing is that we're getting a new coaching staff by next season (assuming there is a season, of course).

That should be a positive. Personally, I don't think Gruden would be a good fit. Cowher would be but I still don't know that he wants to coach.

cml750;3679552 said:
You know it is bad when Crazycowboy gives up!!!!

It was indeed shocking to read from him.

CrazyCowboy;3679576 said:
ok....I do deserve that!

yes, I do feel it is OVER! :star:

haha. At least you know I am just messing with ya. It's over and surely must be frustrating. If my team doesn't step it up next week, they are on the verge of a collapse too.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Zoners:

No way, Crazy Cowboy, not even close.

Jerry Jones should personally call you and apologize for pumping this team to you and a lot of other fans. For squandering the talent that is on this squad. They are playing like bunk, and it is because of the culture at Valley Ranch. The players have embraced mediocrity. They have embraced being soft. Once their real leader went down (Romo), this team flat out cashed it in. Romo should not be the figurehead of this team, the head coach should be.

Unfortunately for all Cowboys fans, Jerry Jones needed a mental slap in the face like this to remind him that "his way" will not work in the NFL. Collinsworths mental dressing down of his team on National Television gives him no where to hide anymore.

He finally has to check his ego again and hire a football guy to get this squad playing football. Jimmy and Bill's way will succeed, Jerry's way will not. I hope this offseason Jerry will again check his ego at the door and hire a man that will be in charge of this football team. Hopefully it will be a permanent change for him this time.

Sorry to rant.

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;3679701 said:
Joe Rod, Jimmy and Bill who ?

i think he means jimmy johnson and bill parcells, the last times 2 real football guys were running the show

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Joe Rod;3679695 said:
No way, Crazy Cowboy, not even close.

Jerry Jones should personally call you and apologize for pumping this team to you and a lot of other fans. For squandering the talent that is on this squad. They are playing like bunk, and it is because of the culture at Valley Ranch. The players have embraced mediocrity. They have embraced being soft. Once their real leader went down (Romo), this team flat out cashed it in. Romo should not be the figurehead of this team, the head coach should be.

Unfortunately for all Cowboys fans, Jerry Jones needed a mental slap in the face like this to remind him that "his way" will not work in the NFL. Collinsworths mental dressing down of his team on National Television gives him no where to hide anymore.

He finally has to check his ego again and hire a football guy to get this squad playing football. Jimmy and Bill's way will succeed, Jerry's way will not. I hope this offseason Jerry will again check his ego at the door and hire a man that will be in charge of this football team. Hopefully it will be a permanent change for him this time.

Sorry to rant.

This is not out of the question.

Jerry should tape a voice recording to leave on every season ticket holders voice mailbox. I think it would do a lot to show that he does care about the fans.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Zoners:

The season was over when they started 0-2......most, like Jerry were still delusional thinking this team would turn it around, the warning signs were there since the Minny playoff game last year, through training camp when they couldn't run the ball and everyone saying, it's only preseason, they aren't scheming.......I was VERY VERY concerned then, just because you're not scheming, you still need to run the play a block it and I knew it was over after the first two games of the season. The Oline needs a complete overall, Keep Free, the rest need changing out and the trouble with this team starts at the very top, and that's Jerry Jones......until he removes himself at the top, nothing is going to really change, since he's the bigget number one problem...and he isn't steppping down and handing things over the Steven to run it....Faces will change, but until the face of the franchise(Jerry Jones) is changed first, it'll be the same ole same ole..

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;3679701 said:
Joe Rod, Jimmy and Bill who ?

Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells. The Cowboys have clearly defined up and down paths based on the coaches.

UP!!! Jimmy and the players he built - One of the greatest teams ever assembled. Fizzed out after Jerry put in coaches he could "work with" (overrun when he felt like it).

DOWN!!! Switzer, Gailey, Campo - Switzer rode Jimmy's horses for a few years, but it was inevitable that bad years would set in under coaches that would submit to Jerry's will when Jerry saw it necessary to overrule them. Player knew that Jerry was in charge. Bad culture for winning.

UP!!! Parcells helped build up talent in a talentless team. Better than that, he reestablished an attitude about this group of players.

DOWN!!! Wade Phillips - I said this when he was hired, the players would have to motivate themselves in order for Wade to succeed. But, Jerry didn't want to "walk on eggshells" anymore, so Wade got the nod. A Wade type of coach is a bad recipe for success, because there are maybe three players in the entire league with enough clout to get a team to play hard on their own every practice and every game (Ray Lewis, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning).

This is why you got the pattern you got under Wade. First year, the players still had Parcell's discipline. They played hard on their own until they fell short. Second year, they played soft and got rolled at the end of the season. Third year, the players rallied themselves for a good season (Miles Austin's game at KC and the players getting pizzed at a local reporter before the New Orleans game). This year, they played soft and just quit when Romo went down. Now that they have quit, Jerry must do what Jerry does not want to do. Swallow his Pride and bring in a coach that will get all the headlines and claim all the glory if they win.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Parcells was not a savior.

The only team he took to a super bowl after the Giants was the Patriots.

He will make a team better even now, he will not take them to the next level.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
Zoners:

And this just in, water is wet