Zoners Magic Jack Reviews

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
I have been contemplating purchasing a Magic Jack and would like everyone here who has used Magic Jack to post their reviews of the product here.

I have noticed I can't find any warranty info on the product, so I am curious about the reliability.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Signals;2860055 said:
I have been contemplating purchasing a Magic Jack and would like everyone here who has used Magic Jack to post their reviews of the product here.

I have noticed I can't find any warranty info on the product, so I am curious about the reliability.

I don't care how reliable it is 19.95 a year is a slam-dunk for me

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Duane;2860092 said:
The reviews I can find on the internet are all over the place. If you look at the Amazon reviews it looks like an inverted bell curve with people either loving it or hating it:

http://www.amazon.com/magicJack-PC-...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1248961512&sr=8-1

it probably depends on what people are looking for in a phone

if they don't talk alot, or just want basic phone service, then they'll probably love Magic Jack

if they want phone with alot of features, they probably won't

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2860097 said:
it probably depends on what people are looking for in a phone

if they don't talk alot, or just want basic phone service, then they'll probably love Magic Jack

if they want phone with alot of features, they probably won't

So what does it not do?

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Signals;2860130 said:
Thanks Duane. I admit I didn't make a supreme effort to find reviews before posting this thread, so I appreciate the link. :D

Duane is good for something every once in a while ;)

Duane

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2860131 said:
Duane is good for something every once in a while ;)

Strange, that's what I normally hear from my g/f and boss at work as well. :D

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I have one and have had it for well over a year.

I've had some issues with it, other times it's worked great. You MUST have your computer on at all times if you expect to receive calls with it.

I only use it when I travel over seas to call back to the US.

They say you can replace your home phone. As Hertz says, "Not Exactly".

Even if you do travel with it, you have to have an actual phone to plug into it. I suggest just using Skype with a subscription that allows you to call cell/land lines and getting a headset.

Less stuff to carry with you. You can even buy a Skype phone that doesn't require your computer. You just plug it into your home router.

I give it 3 stars. Three because you can call land lines and it's only $20 a year. Skype is a bit more than that to call land lines for an entire year I believe. Not much more though. Skype is the better option.