Zoners: Manning and his INTs

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners,

What do all you ROMO bashers think of the past two weeks performance of what many say is the greatest QB of all time? 8 ints....

If this was ROMO it would be a mob out for him!

My point is that even the very best qb's will mess up.

ROMO will win us a Super Bowl folks......be patient.:starspin

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CrazyCowboy;3733525 said:
Zoners,

What do all you ROMO bashers think of the past two weeks performance of what many say is the greatest QB of all time? 8 ints....

Right. Look at 8 or 9 of our QB's INT's are from tipped passes. Cost us a good 4 or 5 wins. Now it's the other way. We won a game because of a tipped INT.

But yet, they are probably calling for Manning's head today.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
It just shows that even the best can't win without a running game. You cannot throw the ball every down and win big, no matter who your QB is.

Number82

No Helmet; No Problem
Reaction score
jazzcat22;3733718 said:
Right. Look at 8 or 9 of our QB's INT's are from tipped passes. Cost us a good 4 or 5 wins. Now it's the other way. We won a game because of a tipped INT.

But yet, they are probably calling for Manning's head today.

But the Lee INT in OT was tipped by our own player.

Actually, Jenkins made a really good play seeing that Peyton wasn't throwing to his guy, so he broke away and tipping the ball up. If Jenkins doesn't make that read, its a catch and 1st down Indy.

goshan

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3733720 said:
It just shows that even the best can't win without a running game. You cannot throw the ball every down and win big, no matter who your QB is.

Not true. Indy won in 2008 and 2009 without a running game.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I suggested that Peyton has a problem with 3-4 defenses and was told it was a ridiculous statement.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Manning love had gotten a little sickening. Even during his mistake-filled performance, Joe Buck was all over his jock. When Ball intercepted that pass, Buck called it a perfect throw or something like that. It was a great play by Ball, but a perfect throw is one the defender can't pick off. Manning is human and it showed yesterday, but let's give the Cowboys some credit. They are ballin' these days.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Manning has a Super Bowl victory.

Romo has a wildcard playoff victory.

To me, there's a difference. Call me crazy.

YR

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;3733858 said:
Manning has a Super Bowl victory.

Romo has a wildcard playoff victory.

YR

You bring up a very good point, however, I will side with Jason Witten who would not trade ROMO for anyone.

The point is Manning is a great qb......so is ROMO minus the ring.....so is Marino--right?

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3733720 said:

I think Rivers has been doing this for the past two years just fine actually.

bmzt31

Reaction score
well i will always take Romo ovr Manning. Manning is just having a ruff spell... gr8 QB's always get out of this

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
When all is said and done, Manning will go down as the greatest to ever play. So yeah, he's going to get a pass on this funk.

Romo...not until he wins himself a couple superbowls and a few MVP awards.

Thats the way it goes.

etw926

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;3733858 said:
Manning has a Super Bowl victory after 8 full seasons as a starter

Romo has a wildcard playoff victory after 3 full seasons as a starter

YR

Fixed

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
He's got no running game and a lot of B Team receivers out there.

It is a team game. Great players can look rather ordinary without much support.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I thought the same thing yesterday, however I don't think you want to get into a Romo vs. Manning debate (although I know you are not trying to do that).

To answer your question, yes, many fans would want Romo's head on a spit after a performance like that, but he (Manning) did bring his team back from a large deficit.

It reminds me of the game vs. Buffalo when Tony had 5 or 6 picks. After all of that, he still drove the team down to tie and then in position for the winning kick.

If anyone is really down on Manning, they should have their head examined. That guy is a machine.

rynochop

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;3733848 said:
The Manning love had gotten a little sickening. Even during his mistake-filled performance, Joe Buck was all over his jock. When Ball intercepted that pass, Buck called it a perfect throw or something like that. It was a great play by Ball, but a perfect throw is one the defender can't pick off. Manning is human and it showed yesterday, but let's give the Cowboys some credit. They are ballin' these days.

Yes, i heard that and wanted to throw the remote at the tv. Yes Joe Buck, it WOULD have been a perfect throw if Ball wasnt there.

Mannings mannerisms after INTs always looks like he's blaming the receiver, maybe its just me. On the Lee pick six he appeared to be all over the receiver after the play, but that was so on Manning...he never even saw Lee back into coverage.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
rynochop;3734201 said:
Yes, i heard that and wanted to throw the remote at the tv. Yes Joe Buck, it WOULD have been a perfect throw if Ball wasnt there.

Mannings mannerisms after INTs always looks like he's blaming the receiver, maybe its just me. On the Lee pick six he appeared to be all over the receiver after the play, but that was so on Manning...he never even saw Lee back into coverage.

Manning was so busy trying to figure out where #15 was going, he didn't see #50.

Part of it is on Manning but a big part of it also is on #15.

It's very difficult to run a precision passing game with imprecise receivers.

Stautner

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;3733525 said:
Zoners,

Threads get dumber all the time.

As stupid as I feel having to state the obvious, here goes:

A short stretch of poor games out of an incredible HOf career in which Manning will end up at or near the top of every passing category does not make somehow erase Criticisms of Romo.

It's ridculous to take a poor 4 game snapshot of Manning's career and use that as a basis for justifying whatever Romo does.

It's the BODY of work, not a small snapshot of it, that counts.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Stautner;3734340 said:
A short stretch of poor games out of an incredible HOf career in which Manning will end up at or near the top of every passing category does not make somehow erase Criticisms of Romo.

It's ridculous to take a poor 4 game snapshot of Manning's career and use that as a basis for justifying whatever Romo does.

It's the BODY of work, not a small snapshot of it, that counts.

Nobody is equating Romo's career with Manning's career.

It's true that someone like Manning cannot be judged by a poor stretch, because he has accomplished enough to make up for it.

The problem, though, is that when someone like Romo or Rivers or Flacco or Rodgers has a game like that, the critics slam them and say that great quarterbacks don't do that. YES, THEY DO. Most great quarterbacks have games like that -- not just the ones named Brett Favre. Tom Brady has more four-interception games than anyone else in the past 10 seasons. Peyton is tied for second (with Kurt Warner, among others) and famously had that six-interception game in the playoffs.

The great quarterbacks have bad games, too, it's just that they're excused from it because of the good games they've had. The same goes for a lot of other things -- great players at all positions are excused from poor plays, but they still make poor plays. But when other players make the same mistakes, they get slammed for making a mistake at all. It's like ever time Wes Welker drops a pass and the commentator says "You don't see that very often." Well, if you pay attention, you do, because only three players have dropped more passes than he has this season, but they give off the impression that he never drops a pass.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
I think Peyton's problems are pretty clear.

They have no running game so they are easy to predict.
He doesn't trust the offensive line so he is getting happy feet.
Due to him EXPECTING pressure he isn't reading the defense like he has throughout his career and is just guessing on the coverage which explains why he is staring down his WR's and not going through his reads.

Just my opinion though.