Zoners: Maybe just maybe..

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners:

Steve Dennis basically said our players are losers......however, MAYBE it is only a LACK OF TALENT!

This team likes each other and is playing very hard!:star:

Has ANYONE objectively thought we just need a few more impact players?:confused:

GO COWBOYS!

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;3133085 said:
Zoners:

Steve Dennis basically said our players are losers......however, MAYBE it is only a LACK OF TALENT!

Has ANYONE objectively thought we just need a few more impact players?:confused:

GO COWBOYS!

More has been done with less in the past. I am of the mindset that our offensive line does a few things pretty well, and a few things not all that great.

Similarly, if Martellus could learn to catch the dang ball that sure wouldn't hurt.

We might have those impact players on the roster and they are developing like Miles, they might have just declared for the draft, or they might still be on college campuses. Time will tell.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have asked myself that question. Are the Cowboys talented enough? The answer is yes, but they don't know how to win yet. They have not clicked in all three phases of the game at once yet. If the defense plays great, the offense doesn't and vice versa. Special teams were consistently good; now they have me a bit concerned too. I expect them to put it all together one day. Hopefully real soon. It will save this season.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Jerry has tried bringing in impact players and it usually blows up in his face..

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Zoners:

GO COWBOYS!

If we played the entire year like we play at the end of the season then I'd say that was likely the problem. But since, in recent years, we tend to win most of our games in Nov. yet fade in Dec/Jan, then the problem appears to be more than just needing some more impact players.

A simple "lack of talent" doesn't account for a 12-1 start and then 1-3 finish. Or 8-3 starts and then finishing at 9-7. There's obviously more to it than just a "talent" problem.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;3133112 said:
Jerry has tried bringing in impact players and it usually blows up in his face..

I think he's meaning more than just the TO's, Pacman's and Tank's.

hockix

Reaction score

Did Williams blew up? ;)
At least that would be one spectacular play....

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Romo
Austin
Witten
MBIII/Choice/Felix

Jenkins
Ware
Ratliff

...There are plenty of playmakers on this team, plenty of talent. The problem is consistency and making sure they are all used right.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Zoners:

GO COWBOYS!

We have as much talent as practically any team contending for the playoffs. There is no Super Team in today's NFL. All teams have their weak spots.

The quality teams, the ones that do it year-in and year-out have one thing in common: sound organizations with a consistent clear-cut plan that works, an identity and a quality head coach and/or staff.

The three most consistent teams over the past five years all have these things in place.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
no matter how good your QB, RB, WRs and TEs are....if you offensive line does not allow them to do what they do...it does not matter.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Future;3133165 said:
Romo
Austin
Witten
MBIII/Choice/Felix

Jenkins
Ware
Ratliff

...There are plenty of playmakers on this team, plenty of talent. The problem is consistency and making sure they are all used right.

My concern in the "lack of talent" dept is that offensive player who puts the "fear of losing" on one big play into the heart of the opposing team defense.

Can take it to the house in one play type player......I used to believe it was Felix Jones and still might be him one day.

Jackson from Philly for example.........

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It blows up in pretty much everyone's face that tries that.

Look at the Commanders.

It is not all about talent. It is nice to have an overabundance of it, but when you start adding talent, you invariably add ego. That is hard to manage, especially with today's athlete, who is far more selfish than those of years past.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Alexander;3133181 said:
We have as much talent as practically any team contending for the playoffs. There is no Super Team in today's NFL. All teams have their weak spots.

The quality teams, the ones that do it year-in and year-out have one thing in common: sound organizations with a consistent clear-cut plan that works, an identity and a quality head coach and/or staff.

The three most consistent teams over the past five years all have these things in place.

It has been so long since we have won a playoff game/SB you will have to forgive me.......as I am starting for forget what type of talent is required to win a playoff game.

Mr. Dennis has a small point......until we actually win a playoff game with this group of players......"how do we know for sure" we have the required talent?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Zoners:

GO COWBOYS!

To me he was saying that the players are underachivers, that wade is an underachiever where ever he has been a head coach. Instead of denying the december collapse each year with the cowboys in the playoffs, give us a plan, show us how you plan to fix this problem.

Just saying each year everything is ok, dont worry doesnt cut it. Thats like hiding your head in the sand and saying there is no problem. If you as Head Coach Wade dont like the media and fans, as well as the players dont like us chewing on you or questioning you about december.

Face the issue, and the problem, tell us you see their has been a problem here, how your trying to get the team and players past that psychological problem and your moving forward. Instead of like yoiu always do wade with letting problems linger like the kicking issue with Folk all year long, face it head on, and fix it.

That's what we want wade, to hear your plan, and your fixing things, not putting them off like you always do, then we lose some games because you always wait and wait to fix run blitz defense, or special teams like last year, or pass defense after the giants game, or a holder for folk, or a punt returner when you had to demote crayton after Coach Joe D pushed for it.

This is why you lose in big games and in the past wade, you wait and wait with your theology of everything will be ok, dont worry. Quit denying there is a problem, and waiting and waiting. Fix it.

If it takes Steve Dennis, the reporters and fans getting on your case for you to do your job, and get the players dander up, for them to see, this is it, no more playing around, they have to play with urgency, desire, heart and intensity. Then so be it, No More Excuses! Just like its time for the players to shut up and play all out, its time for you wade to head coach all out. Not just being content with your 13-3 2007 season or your 8-4 record this year. Quit, being content, darn it wade. Show some backbone and fire!