Zoners: Miami vs Dallas

Reaction score
Miami defense will be jacked up for this game... Dallas have their chinstraps tight! I believe Dallas can win this game will ball control and stopping the run!

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The potential of a Jason Taylor sack/fumble leading to a turnover is my biggest concern for this game.

I'm also worried about Nick Folk on the road in what's likely to be a relatively close game.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
The Cowboys will suffer their FIRST loss on the road...

I'm sorry, citizens...

But, it will all work out...

:star:

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Wow, according to many here we had no chance against the Giants, and now we are easily outclassed by the Dolphins. I wonder if this team will stumble across another win or two this year.

I'll take Dallas in a blowout........

mmohican29

Reaction score
This game will be a tough one early, but I think we solve the Dolphins by the 2nd Quarter. Our D will want some redemption, and the Dolphins O has much lesser talent than the Giants.

27-17 Cowboys.

Undisputed

Reaction score
I think the Dolphins are going to put up a good fight to be honest. Trent may just have success finding the weaknesses in our secondary.

I am thinking 28-24 Cowboys.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
firehawk350;1635968 said:
Actually the skins ran for just under 200 yards (191). The Boys ran for 143. Suffice to say that Miami's run D is considerably more stout then NY's, so I doubt you will have the same productivity from your run game....

I don't think the reason we stopped at 143 in the running game had much to do with the Giants' run defense. It's hard to run effectively when you're scoring from midfield when you throw the ball.

What's your advice for Miami in the passing game? Do you think it's best if Romo tries to get a third of his passing yardage next week by bouncing the ball off of Jason Taylor? Or should he just aim for the WR in the first place and take his chances? I know bouncing off the other guys looks cool, but it's an easy way to throw two picks and not get any touchdowns. So hard to decide.

Also, when are we allowed to stop pretending that Miami isn't a cellar-dwellar that never should have been able to take you guys to OT in the first place? Can that stop after next week, or should we keep the illusion up until November when we finally play the Skins? I'm thinking November, because that will keep things suspenseful. I can't wait to see what happens.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;1636061 said:
Wow, according to many here we had no chance against the Giants, and now we are easily outclassed by the Dolphins. I wonder if this team will stumble across another win or two this year.

I'll take Dallas in a blowout........

I'm with you :)

Smith22

Reaction score
Actually the skins ran for just under 200 yards (191). The Boys ran for 143. Suffice to say that Miami's run D is considerably more stout then NY's, so I doubt you will have the same productivity from your run game.

Hard to run much more when Romo is busy hitting TD's left and right.

The Phins can bring the heat on passing downs, so we'll see how well Romo does under pressure.

The gmen bring plenty of heat and Romo held his ground just fine. Taylor versus Adams worries me some.

Garland powerplay

Reaction score
USA Today had them ranked 2nd to last before week 1. They're probably somewhere in the middle after barely losing to Commanders.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually the skins ran for just under 200 yards (191). The Boys ran for 143. Suffice to say that Miami's run D is considerably more stout then NY's, so I doubt you will have the same productivity from your run game.
Oh, please.

Subtract the 37 yards which both your running quarterback and Sellers ran for and it's Portis and Betts combining for 157 yards on 34 carries. Jones and Barber combined for 131 yards on 32 carries. There's a wide margin [/sarcasm]. Portis' longest run from scrimmage was 19 yards. Both Jones' and Barber's longest runs against the Giants matched or exceeded his. We'll see for ourselves how well the Dolphins can shutdown our running back duo, thank you.

hermitkid

Reaction score
One thing to keep an eye on is the conisderable size differential between the Cowboys offensive line and the Dolphine defensive line.

Outside of Traylor the Fins are awfully undersized and can be worn down against a team that can consistently run the game.

After last Sundays game I'm wondering if Garrett can be patient enough in his approach to the game. I think the Cowboys may be in trouble if they come out with that gunslinger mentality against Miami.

They have too good of a pass rush and enough team speed and smarts to cover the zones that Cowboys defenders were running through free against the Giants.

It's also going to be interesting to see whether the Cowboys defense redeems itself. Despite having a pretty solid game against Washington that offensive line is awfully shaky.

I expect a close game that will challenge Wade as a game manager. Should be a good test for the Cowboys.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Dolphins' O-line is several steps down from the Giants'. If Newman plays, and we make them play catch-up, we might see a lot of sacks.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
well it will be nice to see a game on a grass field for two straight weeks.

Maybe that will be more forgiving if ellis or newman decide to play. I hope they dont rush either of them though.

DC_Addict

Reaction score
I see another big game for Witten. Our D will be better and we should see more blitzing. Miami's D will pass rush Romo to death but I see few sacks if any and I predict TO, Jones and Barber will all have Touchdowns.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
As for offensively, he isn't a huge threat to score on any given play, but Trent Green is smart and knows where to go with the ball on most occasions. He's not going to bomb it 70 yards over the top , but he'll take what you give him and not turn it over.

Nonsense, he literally almost gave the game to wash... throwing RIGHT TO Fred Smoot towards the end of the game. He's smart but not unflappable. The question is, can we bring the heat?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Have some onions people.

You know you believe that this could be a Dallas Cowboys victory via Blowout.

You guys saw our offense dial up and you know we can do it again

Dallas 38 - Miami 10

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
YoMick;1637425 said:
Have some onions people.

You know you believe that this could be a Dallas Cowboys victory via Blowout.

You guys saw our offense dial up and you know we can do it again

Dallas 38 - Miami 10

I'd be all over the blowout angle, but I'm learly of Miami, at home, in September.

cowboys19

Reaction score
If our OLINE protects Romo we will win by at least 14. If they don't it could go either way.

Im predicting

Dallas - 31
Miami - 20