Zoners: Need your opinion

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Giants upsetting the Pats? :lmao2:

When you stop laughing, think about it......

Peyton will be working with young bro Eli for two weeks going over what works and what will not against the Pats..........

Now your not laughing Huh? :cool:

Do you give Eli a chance with Peyton helping his brother?

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I am one of the few on this board that actually think the Giants have a chance to upset the mighty Patriots.

Derinyar

Reaction score
I think the Giants have a chance, until the refs take over the game.

Boysboy

Reaction score
I'm actually quite surprised the Pats are 14 pt favorites...

1. The Pats' OTs are vulnerable to speed rushers-Osi/Strahan/Tuck will give them fits.

2. The Pats' old LBs make this team vulnerable against the run, Jacobs/Bradshaw and this monster OL will give them fits.

3. Ellis Hobbs is a liability in coverage-look for the Giants to exploit him.

4. Who knows how much of a distraction with Randy Moss' current legal troubles will play out-and oh, the Giants' DBs are healthy now.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
A team could put 15 players on the field against the Pats and the Pats would still find a way to beat them!;)

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
The only way the Giants have a shot is if they play mistake-free football. They've been pretty disciplined so far...

mmillman

Reaction score
to beat the pats you can't make any mistakes, can Eli do that? One month ago I would have said no, but he has been playing well recently.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1919132 said:
I am one of the few on this board that actually think the Giants have a chance to upset the mighty Patriots.

I think they have a chance.

The only reason why they lost that last game against NE is because when they had the lead towards the end of the game they got conservative. NE knew all they had to do was stop the run because they Giants were afraid to throw the ball.

If Gilbride stays carefully aggressive against the Pats for 60 mins. The Giants can win. They would have won the last game.

BUT... I still expect the old Eli to show up and negate that.... so I dont see them winning. But the above would be how.

Royal Laegotti

Reaction score
YoMick;1919188 said:
I think they have a chance.

The only reason why they lost that last game against NE is because when they had the lead towards the end of the game they got conservative. NE knew all they had to do was stop the run because they Giants were afraid to throw the ball.

If Gilbride stays carefully aggressive against the Pats for 60 mins. The Giants can win. They would have won the last game.

BUT... I still expect the old Eli to show up and negate that.... so I dont see them winning. But the above would be how.

It'll be over for Eli when ever NE takes a notion to blitz him up the middle like they did in the last game of the reg. season.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Well let me ask you all a different question. If the New York Giants were indeed able to go on and defeat the New England Patriots, would it be the greatest upset in NFL History?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1919197 said:
Well let me ask you all a different question. If the New York Giants were indeed able to go on and defeat the New England Patriots, would it be the greatest upset in NFL History?

Thats a good one. By the (undefeated)numbers I would have to answer yes.

But for many... It would be argueably be the biggest upset in NFL history.

Royal Laegotti

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1919197 said:

Yes it would be. But it won't happen.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Boysboy;1919149 said:
I'm actually quite surprised the Pats are 14 pt favorites...

1. The Pats' OTs are vulnerable to speed rushers-Osi/Strahan/Tuck will give them fits.

2. The Pats' old LBs make this team vulnerable against the run, Jacobs/Bradshaw and this monster OL will give them fits.

3. Ellis Hobbs is a liability in coverage-look for the Giants to exploit him.

4. Who knows how much of a distraction with Randy Moss' current legal troubles will play out-and oh, the Giants' DBs are healthy now.

1. The Pats will hold all they want to negate the speed rush. Over/under on holding calls against NE - 0.

2. This could be true, but the Pats DL is stout. And do the Giants have the patience to stick with the run? BB will take something away, and my guess is he takes away the running game and trusts Eli will not go FOUR games without a meltdown.

3. That he is. If given time Eli and Plaxico could have some fun.

4. None at all. The media will totally drop this story because it could go against the Pats. This will get almost no play in the media.

The Pats almost cannot lose this game. If it's close, I guarantee a critical call or non-call goes against the Giants. But my thought is that this will be a blowout of epic proportions - like 56-10.

Kilyin

Reaction score
The only way the Giants win this game is if Tom Brady gets struck by lightning on the way to the stadium.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Kilyin;1919783 said:
The only way the Giants win this game is if Tom Brady gets struck by lightning on the way to Gillette Stadium.

If Brady shows up to Gillette Stadium on game day that would help the Giants out a lot.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Derinyar;1919786 said:
If Brady shows up to Gillette Stadium on game day that would help the Giants out a lot.

okay, on the way to the stadium in Arizona.

I just figured since the Pats were undefeated and oh so perfect, they'd let them play the Superbowl at home. /nods

fixed it now, damn you.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Kilyin;1919793 said:
okay, on the way to the stadium in Arizona.

I just figured since the Pats were undefeated and oh so perfect, they'd let them play the Superbowl at home. /nods

Every place they play is home. Thats how it works when you've bought off the Refs. :laugh1:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Giants have no chance of beating the Patriots. Put it in 3 inch headlines.