Zoners: Need your opinion

CalCBFan

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1919197 said:
Well let me ask you all a different question. If the New York Giants were indeed able to go on and defeat the New England Patriots, would it be the greatest upset in NFL History?
It would seem so, but No. The Giants played them pretty well the final game of the year. It would have been a bigger upset if Miami beat tham.

BTW I think the Giants can beat the Pats too. But to do it they will have to continue playing as well as they have, and they will need to take WES WELKER out of the game and cover the rest of the WRs. He's the guy Brady uses to keep the chains moving and sustain drives, not Randy Moss.

I'll be rooting for Sheli because I want us to have been eliminated by a SB winner, not some also ran...

Woods

Reaction score
Sure, the Giants have a chance. And I also have a chance of winning the lottery.

Billicheck will gameplan P Burress out of the game, and they will contain Jacobs.

Eli isn't going to beat the Pats with Toomer, S Smith, and Boss.

This game will be over by end of the 3rd quarter, IMO.

dalboy

one man wolf pack
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1919129 said:
Giants upsetting the Pats? :lmao2:

When you stop laughing, think about it......

Peyton will be working with young bro Eli for two weeks going over what works and what will not against the Pats..........

Now your not laughing Huh? :cool:

Do you give Eli a chance with Peyton helping his brother?
NO

I'm still laughing

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
:muttley:
SuperCows5Xs;1919176 said:
A team could put 15 players on the field against the Pats and the Pats would still find a way to beat them!;)

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Boysboy;1919149 said:
I'm actually quite surprised the Pats are 14 pt favorites...

1. The Pats' OTs are vulnerable to speed rushers-Osi/Strahan/Tuck will give them fits.

2. The Pats' old LBs make this team vulnerable against the run, Jacobs/Bradshaw and this monster OL will give them fits.

3. Ellis Hobbs is a liability in coverage-look for the Giants to exploit him.

4. Who knows how much of a distraction with Randy Moss' current legal troubles will play out-and oh, the Giants' DBs are healthy now.

If I were a cash betting machine, I'd take the Giants and the 14. No way does New England cover that. I think the Giants will force a lot of errors. New England has a lot of weapons, too many to keep in check the whole game, but Ely won't back down. Not sure how much help Payton can offer, but he has seen the NE tendencies several times

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
The Giants will beat the Patriots* and bring some respect back to the NFCE...

Giants 23 - Pats 21

Book it!!

(I've always wanted to use that "book it" thing).

;)

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1919132 said:
I am one of the few on this board that actually think the Giants have a chance to upset the mighty Patriots.

Losing Shockey may have been a blessing for Manning. Shockey was always demanding the ball and Manning used him as a security blanket.

Manning seems much more comfortable in the pocket. NY can make it close if Manning plays well.