Zoners: NFL rule changes and our kicker

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners: Ref below, do you believe our kicker should worry more about the NFL rule changes OR making the team? :starspin

Count Dallas Cowboys kicker David Buehler among those who aren't a fan of the NFL's rules changes -- specifically the new rule moving kickoffs to the 35-yard line.

"I think they're changing the rules too much," Buehler said on the Ben and Skin Show on ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM. "Football is getting kind of soft with [NFL commissioner Roger] Goodell making all the rule changes and everything like that. Just leave it the way it is.

"Kickoffs are one of the most exciting plays in football, so I don't know why they pushed it up to the 35. I understand the safety reasons but a lot of fans want to see the returns. It gets kind of boring just seeing touchbacks all the time."
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...uehler-nfl-getting-kind-soft-new-rule-changes

wconn1979

Reaction score
The rule changes affect his ability to make a team. He has a heck of a leg on him so teams that have trouble covering would be more inclined to pick him up. So I can see why he isn't a fan cause they sure won't be picking him up for accuracy......

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
wconn1979;4067108 said:
The rule changes affect his ability to make a team. He has a heck of a leg on him so teams that have trouble covering would be more inclined to pick him up. So I can see why he isn't a fan cause they sure won't be picking him up for accuracy......

Just put the ball into the back of the end zone.

You will have a job somewhere in the NFL.

NinePointOh

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;4067106 said:
Zoners: Ref below, do you believe our kicker should worry more about the NFL rule changes OR making the team? :starspin

That's a silly question and a false choice.

Obviously he should spend more time and energy on making the team, but doing a radio interview and answering the questions he's asked hardly indicates that he doesn't care enough about making the team. Not to mention the fact that he's stuck on the sideline with an injury and I doubt a strained hip would heal faster if he "worried more" about it.