Zoners: Our SAVIOR has arrived ....

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4540282

This guy will DROP in the draft due to inactivity and we will welcome him with OPEN arms!:) He has the speed we desperately need.

Go Cowboys:starspin

Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant has been ruled ineligible for violating an NCAA bylaw, the school announced Wednesday.

Bryant, an All-American who is ranked ninth overall on Mel Kiper Jr.'s most recent Big Board, was ruled ineligible by the school because he failed to fully disclose his interaction with a former NFL player to the NCAA.

Oklahoma State has already begun the process of applying to the NCAA for Bryant's reinstatement, the school said. He sat out Oklahoma State's last game against Grambling State.

"We are certainly disappointed, but we are moving forward as we would with any challenge during the season," coach Mike Gundy said, according to the university.

[+] EnlargePaul Jasienski/US Presswire
Dez Bryant is one of the country's top receivers, but might not play again this season.
In a prepared statement, the school released the following comment from Bryant: "I made a mistake by not being entirely truthful when meeting with the NCAA. I sincerely regret my mistake and apologize to my teammates, coaches, OSU fans and the NCAA."

Bryant, a junior, has 17 receptions for 323 yards and four touchdowns this season. He caught 87 passes for 1,480 yards and 19 touchdowns last season.

The ex-NFL player was not affiliated with Oklahoma State and the incident does not involve anyone associated with the university, the athletic program or the school's alumni, donors or boosters, the school said. The school did not provide additional details of the incident, citing an ongoing investigation into the matter.

According to the school, Bryant violated NCAA Bylaw 10.1, which addresses "unethical conduct" and includes "Knowingly furnishing the NCAA or the individual's institution false or misleading information concerning the individual's involvement in or knowledge of matters relevant to a possible violation of an NCAA regulation."

Bluestang

Reaction score
He still has to go through a "pro day" to get his measures on the scouts' boards.

Also if he sits for the whole year he will be lacking in "football shape", also after watching the Houston - OSU game - ummm no thanks.

elcocinero

Reaction score
Seriously doubt it. Remember Mike Williams from USC? He was drafted 10th after sitting out a year.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Bluestang;2998834 said:
He still has to go through a "pro day" to get his measures on the scouts' boards.

Also if he sits for the whole year he will be lacking in "football shape", also after watching the Houston - OSU game - ummm no thanks.

He won't sit for a whole year. He has already played in games this season. More than likely OSU will get him reinstated and he will play again this year.

If he is there when Dallas drafts and is the best player available then bring him in, but if he is not then get the best player available.

Bluestang

Reaction score
joseephuss;2998844 said:
He won't sit for a whole year. He has already played in games this season. More than likely OSU will get him reinstated and he will play again this year.

If he is there when Dallas drafts and is the best player available then bring him in, but if he is not then get the best player available.

Eric Decker is a baller and he is projected to go in the second rd right now. He is currently the #3 WR in the country and he is a playmaker.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2998870 said:
I have a mancrush on Dez Bryant.

Hey, the line starts here.

Dez Bryant is Michael Irvin. Hopefully, minus the hookers and cocaine. I love the way this guy plays football.

Also, this won't hurt his draft status one ounce. He is guilty of lying to the NCAA about going to Deion Sanders house. No NFL team will care about that.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2998916 said:
Hey, the line starts here.

Dez Bryant is Michael Irvin. Hopefully, minus the hookers and cocaine. I love the way this guy plays football.

Also, this won't hurt his draft status one ounce. He is guilty of lying to the NCAA about going to Deion Sanders house. No NFL team will care about that.

Ya, I was wondering if he was going to go back for his senior year and remembered AJ Green and Julio Jones will be there.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2998927 said:
Ya, I was wondering if he was going to go back for his senior year and remembered AJ Green and Julio Jones will be there.

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH RIGHT NOW

AJ Green is going to stay and complete all 4 years as a Georgia Bulldog!!!!

:(

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2998825 said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4540282

This guy will DROP in the draft due to inactivity and we will welcome him with OPEN arms!:) He has the speed we desperately need.

Go Cowboys:starspin

Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant has been ruled ineligible for violating an NCAA bylaw, the school announced Wednesday.

Bryant, an All-American who is ranked ninth overall on Mel Kiper Jr.'s most recent Big Board, was ruled ineligible by the school because he failed to fully disclose his interaction with a former NFL player to the NCAA.

Oklahoma State has already begun the process of applying to the NCAA for Bryant's reinstatement, the school said. He sat out Oklahoma State's last game against Grambling State.

"We are certainly disappointed, but we are moving forward as we would with any challenge during the season," coach Mike Gundy said, according to the university.

[+] EnlargePaul Jasienski/US Presswire
Dez Bryant is one of the country's top receivers, but might not play again this season.
In a prepared statement, the school released the following comment from Bryant: "I made a mistake by not being entirely truthful when meeting with the NCAA. I sincerely regret my mistake and apologize to my teammates, coaches, OSU fans and the NCAA."

Bryant, a junior, has 17 receptions for 323 yards and four touchdowns this season. He caught 87 passes for 1,480 yards and 19 touchdowns last season.

The ex-NFL player was not affiliated with Oklahoma State and the incident does not involve anyone associated with the university, the athletic program or the school's alumni, donors or boosters, the school said. The school did not provide additional details of the incident, citing an ongoing investigation into the matter.

According to the school, Bryant violated NCAA Bylaw 10.1, which addresses "unethical conduct" and includes "Knowingly furnishing the NCAA or the individual's institution false or misleading information concerning the individual's involvement in or knowledge of matters relevant to a possible violation of an NCAA regulation."

yep, he is good, i know all about him, since he is from same town where i live, Lufkin Texas

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I honestly don't think this will change his draft ranking very much. If he lights it up on his pro day it will validate everything for him.

The draft is a strange animal. Players rise and fall so much it's like a rolercoaster ride. Then when you think you have it all figured out by draft day, Oakland drafts a WR not named Crabtree.

ghst187

Reaction score
Bluestang;2998850 said:
Eric Decker is a baller and he is projected to go in the second rd right now. He is currently the #3 WR in the country and he is a playmaker.

I would take Decker first then Bryant. Problem with Bryant is that he's a great PR/KR but in the NFL he is likely going to be too valuable at WR to put him back there on KRs, and maybe on PRs. Then, at WR he drops too many passes, see Houston game. Dez actually reminds me a lot of TO. He will drop some but he will for a defense to think about him on about every play, which is something we are sorely missing now, esp with Felix "china doll" Jones out again.
I'd be happy with Dez but I'll be amazed if we ever use a first on a WR.

cboyd

Reaction score
ghst187;3016833 said:
I would take Decker first then Bryant. Problem with Bryant is that he's a great PR/KR but in the NFL he is likely going to be too valuable at WR to put him back there on KRs, and maybe on PRs. Then, at WR he drops too many passes, see Houston game. Dez actually reminds me a lot of TO. He will drop some but he will for a defense to think about him on about every play, which is something we are sorely missing now, esp with Felix "china doll" Jones out again.
I'd be happy with Dez but I'll be amazed if we ever use a first on a WR.

Dez has one bad game with the drops and thats how you judge him. If you look at his other games he has very good hands. Do your research before judging on just one game. Every player haves their bad days and I mean every player. Now Dez is going to be out of reach for us to pick. His violation is nothing major, and will likely not drop. He is a top 15 pick.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
RS12;3017622 said:
Love Dez but, a cant miss LT please.

I'm in that same frame of mind at this point. I really like Dez, I think he's a fantastic player, but we're in serious need of quality OL. I'd rather go there.