Zoners: possible RB late in draft...Jamaal Charles *Merge*

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
peplaw06;1875108 said:
He's not gonna be around too late.

I figure he's a first day guy, would be a first rounder if he could hold onto the ball.

He's gettin' better about that, pep... but you're right, if it wasn't for the rep he gave himself, he'd likely be a first round prospect...

silverbear

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;1875185 said:
I know this isn't mentioned alot, but has anyone considered trading up with miami to try to get McFadden?

Hmmm, what a novel idea... we should discuss it at length... :D

silverbear

Reaction score
lzppjb;1875430 said:
That string of fumbles early in the season came after he injured his ulnar nerve in the 2nd game against TCU. He was set in his ways of carrying the ball with that arm and it wasn't strong enough. He started using his other arm and the fumbles stopped.

I knew he hadn't lost a fumble since the OU game, I didn't know the reason behind it... you must be a SERIOUS Horns fan, to have access to that kind of info...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
silverbear;1875436 said:
Hmmm, what a novel idea... we should discuss it at length... :D

http://img48.*************/img48/6205/picardpo4.png

"Make it so."

joseephuss

Reaction score
IndianaCowboyFan;1875159 said:
He was a four-time All-American in track for the Longhorns and ran a career-best 10.23-second 100 meters to win the Big 12 title as a freshman in 2006.

That is a smoking good time.

How was he a four-time All-American in track? This is his 3rd year at Texas and track season has not started yet. I also thought he did not run track last spring to concentrate on football.

joseephuss

Reaction score
silverbear;1875439 said:
I knew he hadn't lost a fumble since the OU game, I didn't know the reason behind it... you must be a SERIOUS Horns fan, to have access to that kind of info...

He may not have lost a fumble since OU, but he has fumbled. He fumbled in the bowl game. He also had problems with fumbles his freshman and sophomore seasons, so I don't if that injury really had too much to do with it.

Anyway, he won't be around late in the draft and I don't think Dallas can afford to spend a 1st or 2nd on him since they have other needs and will have other opportunities to get good players.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Lets not be too hasty on that fumble aspect. It can be coached. Anyone remember Tiki Barber?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If Charles was on the board in the 3rd rd I would take him. However I think Dallas will look at RB before the 3rd rd.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
Rack;1875162 said:
According to some here, he should be a first round pick. Some say he's "Explosive between the tackles" and "makes cuts Reggie Bush can't make".

:rolleyes:

I wouldn't even think of drafting him till the 4th round at the soonest. But if we're gonna draft a RB, I want it to be a GOOD RB, which means 1st round.

:starspin I agree, if we're going to take a RB, take one early. That doesn't mean that I am advocating to sell the farm for any particular RB, but if we do take a RB, do it early. Our running game could certainly use some new blood that would help Barber shoulder less of the load.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
p1_turner_michael_beck.jpg

ZenItRam

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1875769 said:
He is a very good player.....fumble problems......big question

According to this, there is no fumble issue. But, even if there were they could be fixed. Tiki is a great example of a back with a fumble problem that was corrected.

If we could get an explosive back and not have to trade up with our 2 #1 picks, wouldn't you?

Kangaroo

Reaction score
ZenItRam;1875777 said:
According to this, there is no fumble issue. But, even if there were they could be fixed. Tiki is a great example of a back with a fumble problem that was corrected.

If we could get an explosive back and not have to trade up with our 2 #1 picks, wouldn't you?

I like other backs better and we have to wait and see who comes out and who stays

ZenItRam

Reaction score
lzppjb;1875430 said:
That string of fumbles early in the season came after he injured his ulnar nerve in the 2nd game against TCU. He was set in his ways of carrying the ball with that arm and it wasn't strong enough. He started using his other arm and the fumbles stopped.

Thank you for this ... I keep looking at the espn page on him wondering where the fumble observation is coming from. I've obviously not seen a lot of him, but recorded stats don't show a fumble issue.