Zoners: Question for you?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I thought the #1 seeds played on Sunday during the playoffs.......the Pats are playing today.

Why? What am I missing.........thanks

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1893962 said:
I thought the #1 seeds played on Sunday during the playoffs.......the Pats are playing today.

Why? What am I missing.........thanks

so they can have the prime time slot:puke:

TonyS

Reaction score
I wondered the same thing. I expected NE to have the Sunday game as they had the better record and you would think the Sunday game would be more beneficial. I guess after 2 weeks off, 1 day doesn't matter.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
TonyS;1893966 said:
I wondered the same thing. I expected NE to have the Sunday game as they had the better record and you would think the Sunday game would be more beneficial. I guess after 2 weeks off, 1 day doesn't matter.

Yea, I like Sun because it gives T.O. an extra day to rehad the ankle.

I just remember the #1 seeds played on Sun unless I am mistaken.

Thanks

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Actually, I think NE is in the prime/best slot, and we got the usual crap.

The number one seed had a week off anyway, so I'd rather see us play on Saturday, which means the worst seed surviving the wildcard weekend has to play on a shorter week, plus the top seed gets an extra day before the championship game.

NE gets the extra day over whomever they play in the AFC Championship game.

Dallas gets the short end of that stick with their opponent in the NFC Championship game getting the extra day.

I don't think there is an actual system, but I think NE playing today is actually what Dallas should have also gotten as a result of being the #1 seed.

Of course, with TO's situation, we'd probably prefer the extra day this week instead of next week.