Zoners: The KEY to beating the J E T S

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners: OK, we all ALREADY know that it will come down to how our CBs play in this game.

Scandrick signed the big deal and he seems to be playing his best ball this training camp. He has been on the field and playing great. I FEEL GOOD.

Jenkins could return to his All Pro form and be our shut down corner. Will his confidence return to the elite level? I FEEL GOOD.

Ball is going to play the slot. He showed us last year that he has a problem tackling and hitting and covering from the safety position. (Did I miss anything?) Will things be easier for Ball at the corner position? Color me VERY CONCERNED but hopeful!
:(

Good news is Ryan. He says we are the best DEFENSE in the NFL and I cannot wait to see it! Go Cowboys!

:starspin

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It won't come down to how well our CBs play. It'll come down to not turning over the football and getting pressure with our front seven.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I'm more concerned with the Jets being able to run the ball all day and keep our offense off the field. If they own the TOP and are playing with the lead then no way we win.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
viman96;4090487 said:
I'm more concerned with the Jets being able to run the ball all day and keep our offense off the field. If they own the TOP and are playing with the lead then no way we win.

That too. Good point. They ground and pound and I don't know if we can stop it without selling out on the run and leaving us vulnerable to play action.

We must stop Shonn Greene. Then rattle Sanchez.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Im not to worried. Our defense should be able to stop their offense. And i would take our receiving corps over the Jets any day of the week. Healthy romo and austin. Bryant, and witten. Yeah im not to worried. :laugh1:

ShiningStar

Reaction score
same game plan as every team every game day every time, score more points than the other team. Its an unbeatable tactic.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Jenkins played great in 2009, but he wasn't an All-Pro, he was a Pro Bowl selectee, nevertheless, I do hope he plays as well as he did in '09 if not better.

I'm really looking forward to first game to see how Cowboys play and I'm sure they will be scrutinized by many.

I obviously want to see Cowboys win but as long as they compete well, regardless of outcome of the game, I'll be happy.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
03EBZ06;4090514 said:
Jenkins played great in 2009, but he wasn't an All-Pro, he was a Pro Bowl selectee, nevertheless, I do hope he plays as well as he did in '09 if not better.

I'm really looking forward to first game to see how Cowboys play and I'm sure they will be scrutinized by many.

I obviously want to see Cowboys win but as long as they compete well, regardless of outcome of the game, I'll be happy.

I stand corrected. You are right......Pro Bowl player

The other Ryan's debut. For several reasons, not the least of which is being a New York team playing in the shadow of Manhattan on the 10th anniversary of 9/11, the Jets will be on center stage Sunday night. But the other team will be interesting to watch, as they always are. The Cowboys will be debuting a new head coach in Jason Garrett, now free of the interim tag. And they'll be rolling out a new defense, run by Rob Ryan, who'll face his brother Rex. But as much curiosity as there is over how Rob will create chaos with stars like DeMarcus Ware and Jay Ratliff, just as important will be his ability to turn around young players, primarily Mike Jenkins and Anthony Spencer, who went off the rails in 2010. Ryan's success there will go a long way in how he's judged in Year 1.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...to-watch-in-week-1?module=HP11_content_stream

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Get the game into a shootout and try to make the Sanchez keep up with our passing attack. Also, line up Ware against Wayne Hunter/Vlad Ducasse at right tackle early and often.

Reaction score
IMO, everything rides on the OL and DL. They have a chance if the youngsters can hold their own against the Jets tough defensive tackles and if the Cowboys defense can stop the run,,, otherwise it's curtains for us!

Wolfpack

Reaction score
On Offense:
1. OL must pick up the blitz, stunts and twists they are going to see early and often.
2. Burn the Jets on some screens / draws, force them to think.
3. Take some shots down the field, make them cover the entire field.

On Defense:
1. Stop the run.
2. Get pressure on third down on both the QB and the receivers.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I will be happy if tony survives this game relatively unscathed.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Found this nuggest and thought it might play in our favor in the game.

Too much pressure on Rex?

"Rex Ryan's Jets were selected to play the Dallas Cowboys — America's team — in the Sunday night slot on the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. The coach had trouble putting into words the responsibility he feels to the New York area as it remembers the tragedy. "I feel — I don't know — it's different, like a responsibility. I've got to make sure," Ryan said, trailing off. "Every week, it's my responsibility to make sure our team is prepared. But I don't know, it just feels different to me. The significance of it, I think it's stronger than any game I've ever felt. I feel more pressure on this game, for whatever reason, than any game I've ever coached, it seems like.""

followthestar

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;4090663 said:
Found this nuggest and thought it might play in our favor in the game.

Too much pressure on Rex?

"Rex Ryan's Jets were selected to play the Dallas Cowboys — America's team — in the Sunday night slot on the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. The coach had trouble putting into words the responsibility he feels to the New York area as it remembers the tragedy. "I feel — I don't know — it's different, like a responsibility. I've got to make sure," Ryan said, trailing off. "Every week, it's my responsibility to make sure our team is prepared. But I don't know, it just feels different to me. The significance of it, I think it's stronger than any game I've ever felt. I feel more pressure on this game, for whatever reason, than any game I've ever coached, it seems like.""

Interesting yet understandable. It was an event that truly marked a turning point in our history as a nation, and the gravity of this anninversay in the city where it all went down won't be missed by anyone. How that affects the game and its outcome, I can't really say. But as we hopefully learned 10 years ago, its not all so important as it seems, is it? Let's all enjoy it for what it is - just a game. Now... Go Cowboys!!!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Ryan said we have the best defense in the league? Were his eyes red and the words slurred when he said it?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
followthestar;4091649 said:
Interesting yet understandable. It was an event that truly marked a turning point in our history as a nation, and the gravity of this anninversay in the city where it all went down won't be missed by anyone. How that affects the game and its outcome, I can't really say. But as we hopefully learned 10 years ago, its not all so important as it seems, is it? Let's all enjoy it for what it is - just a game. Now... Go Cowboys!!!

Very well said.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Risen Star;4090471 said:
It won't come down to how well our CBs play. It'll come down to not turning over the football and getting pressure with our front seven.
This. And a successful screen/quick pass game to slow down their pass rush.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;4091992 said:
Ryan said we have the best defense in the league? Were his eyes red and the words slurred when he said it?

:laugh1: He must of got hold of the 2009 team defensive tapes

I am so excited again after finding out Smith could be at practice tomorrow. I feel like KING KONG just got off of my back. Thank goodness Smith and Jenkins are both ok and we can concentrate on beating the J E T S !

Cowboys 31

J E T S 20