Zoners: What I am looking for tonight!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners:

After watching two NFC rivals high octane offenses the past week...specifically Green Bay and New Orleans march up and down the field at will......I want to see our Cowboys offense do the same.......

Romo, Barber, Jones, Witten, Austin, Williams, Crayton, Bennett and soon to be DEZ.........WHY SHOULD WE EXPECT LESS?

NO MORE EXCUSES!

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I would like to see that too. But I just want an injury free game more than anything with some crisp execution.

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
I hope the Texans play to win and we play it like a preseason game and beat them anyway.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
HoosierCowboy;3517251 said:
I hope the Texans play to win and we play it like a preseason game and beat them anyway.

They'd never admit they were game planning, but you know darn well they are
going to be testing the defense. I would expect them to also blitz Romo pretty good, testing the Oline.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
like jets v Commanders yday? With Commanders still winning.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Free should get a good test tonight from Mario Williams, this is one battle that is most watch

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
I am looking for health and vanilla offense and defense.

Marching up and down the field in the preseason does not amount to a hill of beans.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
I'll be watching how Gronkowski handles blitz pick-up. Last week he whiffed on a safety and almost got Romo killed.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
I really don't care how we compare to other teams during the preseason. GB played like this in the preseason last year, and it didn't translate to a ton of offense in the regular season.

I wouldn't really expect much from tonight. I can't see us putting too much into either side of the ball, seeing as how we play Houston again in a month. Now, even if we stay pretty vanilla, I would still like to see us being successful, but if we're not, it's not really worth getting uptight about.

igtmfo

Reaction score
adbutcher;3517284 said:
I am looking for health and vanilla offense and defense.

Marching up and down the field in the preseason does not amount to a hill of beans.

For me just seeing how the bubble guys do. I think making the team will be Brent, Lissemore (Pasqualoni favorite, plus a few DEs on last year of contract if I remember right), Church, McCann and Young:

I break the bubble down this way (keep any five guys below ... only 6 LBs and 3 WRs at the moment):

-Keep "potential" on your 53: B. Williams, Sicko, Gronkowski, J. Williams, Ogletree
-Keep "what-can-you-do-now position players" on your 53: Octavien, Watkins, Siavii, Hurd, Ogletree.
-Keep "special teamers" on your 53: Hurd, Octavien, Watkins, Gronkowski, J. Williams
-Keep one of the new TEs: Farr, Rucker or Pociask
-Keep RW (on my bubble)
-Keep McGee
-Keep Leon Williams (can't figure him out)

Reaction score
Picksix;3517296 said:
I really don't care how we compare to other teams during the preseason. GB played like this in the preseason last year, and it didn't translate to a ton of offense in the regular season.

I wouldn't really expect much from tonight. I can't see us putting too much into either side of the ball, seeing as how we play Houston again in a month. Now, even if we stay pretty vanilla, I would still like to see us being successful, but if we're not, it's not really worth getting uptight about.

GB offense was ranked 6th overall for the 2009 regular season

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score

They'd never admit they were game planning, but you know darn well they are
going to be testing the defense. I would expect them to also blitz Romo pretty good, testing the Oline.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Health is number one but they need to execute their base offense a little better. No mistakes from Romo.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Sean Lee and Victor Butler. They are the future.

And once again, watching to see how the young backups on the line fair.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Picksix;3517296 said:

what ?

Aaron Rogders - 4180 passing 30 tds 8 ints
rushing - 1885 yards
Scored 461 points (28.8/g), 3rd of 32 in the NFL
Takeaway/Giveaway Differential +24
11-5 record

Romo - 4483 yards 26 tds 9 ints
rushing 2100 yards
Scored 361 points (22.6/g), 14th of 32 in the NFL
Takeaway/Giveaway Differential +2
11-5

so the Cowboys are only 500 + yards ahead of them

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I would like to see, just once at least, that the fans don't over react to every little thing that does or doesn't happen during a preseason game.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3517423 said:
I would like to see, just once at least, that the fans don't over react to every little thing that does or doesn't happen during a preseason game.

No way, dude. I'm in game mode.

cml750

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;3517241 said:
Zoners:

After watching two NFC rivals high octane offenses the past week...specifically Green Bay and New Orleans march up and down the field at will......I want to see our Cowboys offense do the same.......

Romo, Barber, Jones, Witten, Austin, Williams, Crayton, Bennett and soon to be DEZ.........WHY SHOULD WE EXPECT LESS?

NO MORE EXCUSES!

Are you disappointed? Yet another game coached by Wade where our team is completely unmotivated. This team will break our hearts again at the end of the year!!!!!