Zoners: What is your opinion?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Yes Zoners, I know BRADIE JAMES #56, had 8 sacks for us last year and most likely should of made the Pro Bowl:bow:

However, when I isolate on him this year during a BLITZ......he seems PHAT.....ah, FAT/SLOW and he always gets picked up by the guard/RB.:mad:

Do you guys like Brandie James as our Middle LB?:starspin

To me, he is out of position more times then NOT.....slow and out of shape this year!:bang2:

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
http://i102.***BLOCKED***/albums/m109/dadymat/punchingman.gif

rkell87

Reaction score
hmmm...i have liked him in the past but you know i haven't noticed him too much this year or heard his name called much(what what defender has this season)

i haven't seen bad plays from him yet but in regards to your comments of him always being picked up i prolly haven't noticed it cause every body but rat and butler are being picked up this year as well.

I'll def watch him now though.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
He has been fat and slow in the passing game, both coverage and blitzing for his ENTIRE CAREER. He's the guy that needs to be replaced in the nickel, not Bobby.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Rampage;2979790 said:
whoa! Crazy Cowboy what's going on?

:laugh2: not much Rampage, just trying to figure out why our Cowboys cannot get to the QB after leading the NFL in sacks just a short yr ago.

Butler really got me motivated though last night.

I re-watched the game and James gets picked up so easily when blitzing and he shows not explosion.....he just stops in his tracks.

Man, I just belive we are close and just need ONE great rusher on D and One explosive WR for ROMO and this team is headed to the Super Bowl.

We just do not have that player on offense that concerns the D on a consistant basis.....except for FJ....and he gets hurt after 40 plus yd gains lol

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2979920 said:
:laugh2: not much Rampage, just trying to figure out why our Cowboys cannot get to the QB after leading the NFL in sacks just a short yr ago.

I re-watched the game and James gets picked up so easily when blitzing and he shows not explosion.....he just stops in his tracks.

Man, I just belive we are close and just need ONE great rusher on D and One explosive WR for ROMO and this team is headed to the Super Bowl.

We just do not have that player on offense that concerns the D on a consistant basis.....except for FJ....and he gets hurt after 40 plus yd gains lol
Bradie doesn't get low enough. I've seen him get stone walled or put on his rear end when blitzing so many times i've lost count. But with that said we started getting to the qb last night and will continue in Denver on Sunday.

Have no fear CC we're just starting to get warmed up.

rkell87

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2979920 said:

i just want to know why in two games now he has broken off big runs but is caught from behind? i guess he just has the best burst in the league and isnt as fast as some thought. it's simple really he doesnt get caught he isnt hurt right now lol

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Rampage;2979931 said:
Bradie doesn't get low enough. I've seen him get stone walled or put on his rear end when blitzing so many times i've lost count. But with that said we started getting to the qb last night and will continue in Denver on Sunday.

Have no fear CC we're just starting to get warmed up.

I agree with you....man, we have so much potential this year.

The team is growing chemistry wise each week.......every ugly win is better then a pretty loss for this young team.......this team seems older but when you ck the roster we are young.

Special teams have really improved and look well.......SPECIAL

The OL is very impressive.......was Kosier that dang important and we did not realize it last year?

:starspin

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
We should cut him and while we are at it, cut Ware because he is not doing a good job rushing the passer.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Dallas has alot of talant on the Defense at the LB position including Ware, Brooking, Spencer, Butler and James. The Oline has been very dominant and looks solEEd this year so far. The weak point on Defense has been DLine and Safteys'. The weak point on Offense turn overs and play calling.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
adbutcher;2980063 said:
We should cut him and while we are at it, cut Ware because he is not doing a good job rushing the passer.

Hey now, even I know you are joking :)

What do you really think?

hendog

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2979778 said:
Yes Zoners, I know BRADIE JAMES #56, had 8 sacks for us last year and most likely should of made the Pro Bowl:bow:

However, when I isolate on him this year during a BLITZ......he seems PHAT.....ah, FAT/SLOW and he always gets picked up by the guard/RB.:mad:

To me, he is out of position more times then NOT.....slow and out of shape this year!:bang2:

From the looks of you in that picture you don't need to be isolating on Bradie during a blitz. No wonder they call you crazy. You're gonna get yourself killed.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
rkell87;2979943 said:
i just want to know why in two games now he has broken off big runs but is caught from behind? i guess he just has the best burst in the league and isnt as fast as some thought. it's simple really he doesnt get caught he isnt hurt right now lol

You know, I was wondering the same thing. It's like he has all of this acceleration and gets winded trying to finish it off. I guess it's like a car built to win a 1/4-mile run but not a long-distance run. He is fun to watch though...wish he could stay healthy.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2980070 said:
Hey now, even I know you are joking :)

What do you really think?

:)

In all seriousness, it is clear that the offensive coordinators are dedicating time to blocking up our middle blitzes. To counter we either need to run some zone dawg, corner blitzes, or some stunt combinations. However, since we were gashed during the first two games, Wade has become risk adverse and instead of being more aggressive, he is erring on the side of caution. Hopefully, when we get some more dynamic bodies in the game things will ultimately loosen up coupled with better secondary play. Butler gives me hope and when JWill hit the field, Wade should be able to open up his defensive playbook more.

rkell87

Reaction score
ryanbabs;2980124 said:
You know, I was wondering the same thing. It's like he has all of this acceleration and gets winded trying to finish it off. I guess it's like a car built to win a 1/4-mile run but not a long-distance run.

i dont even think it's that i really see no drop in speed at the end of the run, i think he may just have the ability to get to top faster than anyone else plus makes moves at top speed as well. its just top speed isnt what we thought

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2979778 said:

Bradie James is 'heavy footed' so if he's not in good position he can't use his athleticism to make a play. With him it's all about technique and being sound in his awareness of what's going on with the offense.

As a matter of fact he's just the opposite of what rookie Jason Williams is right now. (based on what I saw in preseason).

Jake0

Reaction score
I've been hoping to replace him for years. He's alright, nothing special, but I think a person in his position who is supposed to be the "leader" of the defense needs to be someone who is much better in coverage for a MLB and basically much smarter. He's pretty bad in coverage and is a decent blitzer/run stuffer. Leading our team in tackles isn't that big of a deal, just doing what he's supposed to but never really taking over a game. Any talk of him trying to make the pro-bowl is really a joke though. He's not a pro-bowl caliber player and if he gets in he's truly one of those players that gets in because he's on the cowboys, the team is successful and he gets frequent national coverage.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Jake0;2980159 said:
I've been hoping to replace him for years. He's alright, nothing special, but I think a person in his position who is supposed to be the "leader" of the defense needs to be someone who is much better in coverage for a MLB and basically much smarter. He's pretty bad in coverage and is a decent blitzer/run stuffer. Leading our team in tackles isn't that big of a deal, just doing what he's supposed to but never really taking over a game. Any talk of him trying to make the pro-bowl is really a joke though. He's not a pro-bowl caliber player and if he gets in he's truly one of those players that gets in because he's on the cowboys, the team is successful and he gets frequent national coverage.

You have no clue about football do you?