Zoners: What to do about a Saftey?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners:

With Hamlin being released today, what do you thin Mr. Jones is going to do?

Start Ball?

Draft the starter? If so--who?

Pick up a Free agent? i.e. Sharper?

I am just a little concerned due to this position being the qb of the Defense!:eek:

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;3329303 said:
Thank you.

Hey, I wasn't trying to be "stinker"l; I was just sayin.

Come to think of it thogh, that other thread is about the draft specifically. Then aagain, without any current starting safeties from last year signed to the roster (i.e. Hamlin's gone and Sensabeagh has been tendered but is still unsigned), Dallas damn well better be thinking about FS and SS in the draft.

You brought up Allan Ball, who filled in well for Hamlin last year, but he has a ways to go to earn Hamlin's job because once Hamlin got healthy again, Ball went back to the bench. No way that happens if Ball proved to be an upgrade, or at least at par with Hamlin. That's just more reason as to why this discussion should focus mostly around hte draft than anywhere else. And that's what the other thread is addressing, I suppose.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;3329324 said:
Hey, I wasn't trying to be "stinker"l; I was just sayin.

Come to think of it thogh, that other thread is about the draft specifically. Then aagain, without any current starting safeties from last year signed to the roster (i.e. Hamlin's gone and Sensabeagh has been tendered but is still unsigned), Dallas damn well better be thinking about FS and SS in the draft.

You brought up Allan Ball, who filled in well for Hamlin last year, but he has a ways to go to earn Hamlin's job because once Hamlin got healthy again, Ball went back to the bench. No way that happens if Ball proved to be an upgrade, or at least at par with Hamlin. That's just more reason as to why this discussion should focus mostly around hte draft than anywhere else. And that's what the other thread is addressing, I suppose.

No, I was thankful you pointed it out to me.......

Yes, Ball is a good backup.....but needs to add some muscle before he is ready for full time duty.

I am sure our coaches / owner have a plan and we will find out what it is soon.

Cowboysfan22

Reaction score
Ok I think our coaching staff must have seen a flash in one of our young guys such as ball, M. Hamlin or someone because there isn't a good chance that a guy like Eric Berry or Earl Thomas will be at 27 unkess we move up. But if we do move up it's more likely we will take a LT, I believe, anyways.