Zoners: Why is it?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners:

Carson Palmer was a #1 draft pick and he has Zero playoff wins.

Why doesn't he catch it from everyone like ROMO has to deal with?

I know, ROMO is the QB of Americas Team, however it just seems wierd/funny that everyone gets onto the "Free Agent" vs "#1 overall pick"

What do you Zoners think? :bang2:

ROMO is the NFL Best!

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I said a similar thing about Aaron Rodgers. I know he played well overall but imagine what would be said about Romo if he fumbled it away and it led to an ot score against?

I queried if Rodgers will face the same thing that Romo did after Seattle and the response was "come on it was Rodgers' first post season game" to which I responded, it was Romo's first too.

brickman

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it's the price you pay for QBing America's Team. It comes with the territory.

johnson2

Reaction score
the difference in their first playoff games is romo led the team up the field and put us in a position to win the game and rodgers did what has defined his season and thats not read the blitz/hang on to the ball too long costing them the game

DFWJC

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;3221250 said:
Zoners:

I know, ROMO is the QB of Americas Team, however it just seems wierd/funny that everyone gets onto the "Free Agent" vs "#1 overall pick"

ROMO is the NFL Best!
Palmer was not too good this year.

But the answer to your question is two-fold: he plays in Cincinnati, plus the feeling is that Romo has played on better teams that maybe could have won a playoff game or two.

Recall that Cincy best team lost to the Steelers in a fluke game when palmer got hurt on the 1st drive. They had beaten the Steelers twice that season and Big Ben was a rookie.

But overall, I have always felt Tony got way more criticism than he deserved.

DFWJC

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3221261 said:
I said a similar thing about Aaron Rodgers. I know he played well overall but imagine what would be said about Romo if he fumbled it away and it led to an ot score against?

I queried if Rodgers will face the same thing that Romo did after Seattle and the response was "come on it was Rodgers' first post season game" to which I responded, it was Romo's first too.
Rodgers has only started for two seasons and just lost a gme on the road in overtime after throwing for 400+ yards. He did just fine under the circustances. He certainly would be the VERY LAST guy you could blame that loss on after his defense gave up a gadzillion yards and points. Rodgers was not perfect, but was very effective overall and drove his team down the field to send that game into OT (luckily AZ missed the FG).

he is the 1st player in NFL hsitory to pass for >4000 yards in his first two seasons as a starter...so the guy is decent.

Nevertheless, Romo has always received far more bashing than he deserved regarding playoff wins. It has been pretty silly.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
brickman;3221264 said:
Unfortunately, it's the price you pay for QBing America's Team. It comes with the territory.

You'd think Cowboys fans would understand this by now.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;3221250 said:
Zoners:

ROMO is the NFL Best!
I've been saying the same thing, CC. Romo wasn't even drafted and gets so much crap yet Palmer was a #1 overall pick and he gets a free pass.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
DFWJC;3221416 said:
Palmer was not too good this year.

But the answer to your question is two-fold: he plays in Cincinnati, plus the feeling is that Romo has played on better teams that maybe could have won a playoff game or two.

Recall that Cincy best team lost to the Steelers in a fluke game when palmer got hurt on the 1st drive. They had beaten the Steelers twice that season and Big Ben was a rookie.

But overall, I have always felt Tony got way more criticism than he deserved.

Agreed.

Critics were acting like he's played in 10 playoff games and never won one. :huh:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Rampage;3221461 said:
I've been saying the same thing, CC. Romo wasn't even drafted and gets so much crap yet Palmer was a #1 overall pick and he gets a free pass.

I guess that's because "this team is run by morons".

Reaction score
If you're the Cowboys coach or QB, you get more criticism just because of the team you're on. Plain and simple. The Bengals haven't won a playoff game in 20 years, and Palmer hasn't won one yet. Nobody cares, because they're the Bengals.

If ESPN just ran a promo that said "In 5 minutes, tune in for something about the Dallas Cowboys," people are not changing the channel. You either love or hate the Cowboys, but you'll watch news about them either way. T.O. is riding an exercise bike during TC? Air it. Cowboys haters will tune in so they have ammo to fire at Cowboys fans. Things are going well for the Cowboys? Run a piece about how good of a guy Demarcus Ware is.

Other teams just don't have the same effect, and thus, the media does not hang on every detail of their existence.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Carson Palmer doesn't get held to the standard that Tony Romo does because his team is not as high profile as the Dallas Cowboys.

It has nothing to do with media "hate".

Not all franchises are considered equal.

This is the case in every major sport played in world.

thssanders

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3221261 said:

Rodgers played one hell of a game. It didn't really matter that he fumbled. It was third down and if they weren't going to get the first, arizona was going to drive right down the field and score. Their defense gave rodgers no help at all the entire game, yet he rallied them from 21 down to force overtime. With that being said, it was still a pathetic display of defense by the cardinals.

And his fumble on the sack was nothing compared to Romo's botched field goal!!!!!!!!

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
5Stars;3221469 said:
i'm not changing my sig cause I don't wanna jinx this so....:tongue:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
DFWJC;3221446 said:
Rodgers has only started for two seasons and just lost a gme on the road in overtime after throwing for 400+ yards. He did just fine under the circustances. He certainly would be the VERY LAST guy you could blame that loss on after his defense gave up a gadzillion yards and points. Rodgers was not perfect, but was very effective overall and drove his team down the field to send that game into OT (luckily AZ missed the FG).

he is the 1st player in NFL hsitory to pass for >4000 yards in his first two seasons as a starter...so the guy is decent.

Nevertheless, Romo has always received far for bashing than he deserved regarding playoff wins. It has been pretty silly.

Your absolutely correct, therefore, I don't understand ROMO getting raped by the fans and media.

ROMO in his 1st playoff game was in Seattle......he drove them down and something messed up the TD.....cannot remember as I tend to earase bad moments from my mind .....but, he mishandled a slick ball......

Rogers was drafted high......and he did not read the blitz.....fumbled etc....

I just do not get folks giving ROMO a hard time......he is a great QB and ALL Cowboy fans should feel so lucky.

Heck, even Roger the Dodger loves ROMO!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;3221512 said:
Your absolutely correct, therefore, I don't understand ROMO getting raped by the fans and media.

ROMO in his 1st playoff game was in Seattle......he drove them down and something messed up the TD.....cannot remember as I tend to earase bad moments from my mind .....but, he mishandled a slick ball......

Rogers was drafted high......and he did not read the blitz.....fumbled etc....

I just do not get folks giving ROMO a hard time......he is a great QB and ALL Cowboy fans should feel so lucky.

Heck, even Roger the Dodger loves ROMO!

CC, you worry about some of the dumbest things!

You need to relax, take a deep breath, and screw the media!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Rampage;3221461 said:

Your are so right! Man, I remember all the bum QBs we had after Aikman and I thank my luck stars every nite that we have ROMO leading us.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
5Stars;3221527 said:
CC, you worry about some of the dumbest things!

You need to relax, take a deep breath, and screw the media!

lol....I just enjoy speaking with all you fans....and see how you feel about stuff......and guess what, usually the majority of Cowboy fans feel the same way I do on a subj.

This dialog is what makes this site the BEST on the internet......all of us get to express our opinions.....no matter how dumb it seems.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
5Stars;3221469 said:
the 2 guys who are responsible for bringing him here are the head coach of the Saints and the gm of the Dolphins