Zorn: Portis 50-50 for Sunday

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
anyone who thinks portis wont play is crazy.

Everyone plays vs. Dallas.

Its always a playoff game vs. Dallas.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
bedlamvr;2411570 said:
Really what injuries ... Romos back Wittens back Newmans back ..... not sure what front line players your missing ...
I'm talking about that no one weather it be the Media or other teams fans gave us any slack over the amount of injuries we had like they seem to be giving the buffalo bills for example.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;2411571 said:
anyone who thinks portis wont play is crazy.

Everyone plays vs. Dallas.

Its always a playoff game vs. Dallas.

I betcha a Dollah Bill he's there on Sunday.

skinsfunguy

Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2411282 said:
:hammer: However, I can hear the Commanders fans already if we beat them without Portis nevermind all the injuries we have had.

What injuries did you have when we beat you?

From what I remember(could be wrong) we were the team with three defensive starters out

Reaction score
Coy;2411223 said:
This would be huge for us, altough I do think he is going to play.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/11/jim_zorn_injury_update_1.html?nav=rss_blog

Zorn: Portis 50-50 for Sunday
Clinton Portis is questionable at this point and his chances of facing Dallas on Sunday are "50-50," Coach Jim Zorn said after practice today. Portis has a knee sprain that has worsened since the team last played Nov. 3.

Zorn remains optimistic that Portis will play, but conceded that "it would be a major issue for all of us," if he cannot. Zorn said that second-string back Ladell Betts may be back from his knee injury for Sunday's game, but that he is not "expecting" that result.

Should the Commanders be without Betts and Portis, Zorn said RB Rock Cartwright would continue to return kicks, but would have some of his other special teams work curtailed given the shortage of available runners. If Betts returns and Portis is out, Zorn said Betts would play ahead of Shaun Alexander, but that it very well could be " a community position."

Santana Moss's hamstring is still "a little tentative," but Zorn said he expects Moss to play Sunday. Defensive tackle Anthony Montgomery got an injection for his injured Achilles' and it's doubtful that he will practice this week, Zorn said. That means he is not likely to play Sunday.

Back-up quarterback Todd Collins will rejoin the team for practice Wednesday; he was hospitalized for a severe sinus infection and ruptured eardrum during the bye in Boston and could not fly back. Zorn said that despite what was clearly a painful bye week, Collins will practice Wednesday and is driving back from Boston.

Shawn Springs and Jason Taylor are still expected to play Sunday. Taylor's wound on his calf is now fully healed, Zorn said, and his swelling has dissipated. Wide receiver Malcolm Kelly will be pushed hard this week when the team puts on the pads starting Wednesday, with Zorn deciding this week whether to place him on the injured reserve list with his knee injury or try to activate him soon.

"I hope on Sunday I have a difficult decision [on which receivers to dress]," Zorn said, though he still spoke cryptically of being able to have the rookie down the stretch.

By Jason La Canfora | November 10, 2008

That would be huge for us but we need to take care of business no matter who is on the field.

Reaction score
Commanders coach Jim Zorn specifically called Clinton Portis' knee injury a bone bruise on his femur in addition to a sprain.

The Commanders are sure to do whatever it takes to get Portis ready for a key division game against Dallas in Week 11, but these injuries don't sound promising. It shouldn't surprise Portis' owners that his health is becoming a major issue after a heavy workload in the first half of the season.
Source: Associated Press

Hey guys, this is the same injury Stephen Jackson got against us and hasn't played since. As an athlethic trainer, I know these injuries are tough to recover from.

Ren

Reaction score
skinsfunguy;2411690 said:
What injuries did you have when we beat you?

From what I remember(could be wrong) we were the team with three defensive starters out

Kosier and Spencer IIRC

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm starting Portis this week in my fantasy league.

This game means to much for him to sit.

I expect him to do well. :mad:

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
miamicowboy21;2411258 said:
Nice try Zorn. Do you really think anyone is buying the fact that portis won't play, please. Its sunday night and its the cowboys....he'll be 100 percent by gametime.

Agreed.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2411745 said:
I'm starting Portis this week in my fantasy league.

This game means to much for him to sit.

I expect him to do well. :mad:

I cant draft NFCE players in my fantasy league. I've had a few over the years, and it's a bad situation. I dont like seeing players that I hate do well regarldess of the outcome.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NextGenBoys;2411757 said:
I cant draft NFCE players in my fantasy league. I've had a few over the years, and it's a bad situation. I dont like seeing players that I hate do well regarldess of the outcome.
I had no choice. I was picking 8th and got MBIII then coming back in the 2nd he was there when I was picking at 17. He was clearly better than any WR or QB available at that point.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
miamicowboy21;2411258 said:
Nice try Zorn. Do you really think anyone is buying the fact that portis won't play, please. Its sunday night and its the cowboys....he'll be 100 percent by gametime.

Agreed.

There is absolutely NO WAY (at 50-50 ;)) that he WONT play.

TD22

Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3694288

LANDOVER, Md. -- Washington Commanders running back Clinton Portis was unable to practice Monday because of a sprained knee, and coach Jim Zorn said Portis is "50-50" for Sunday night's game against the Dallas Cowboys.

Portis bruised his knee on the final play of the first quarter of last week's 23-6 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers but returned for the next series and finished the game. The pain got progressively worse after treatment following the game, however, and Zorn said Monday that Portis has a bone bruise on the femur as well as a sprain.

Portis is second in the league in rushing with 995 yards on 200 carries.

"He's questionable," Zorn said. "I'd say there's a 50-50 chance. I'm hoping that he'll be even better than that. Another day of rest, and then we'll see how he comes in on Wednesday. ... We've got to get the pain out of the knee and see how he progresses along."

Portis' absence from a major game against a division rival would be tough to overcome. He's been the engine of the offense, and his primary backup, Ladell Betts, has missed the last three games with a more severe knee injury. Shaun Alexander, signed after Betts got hurt, has contributed little, and the other running back on the roster, Rock Cartwright, is heavily involved with special teams.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press