ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
trickblue said:
Man we have been bleesed with 44 years of great players... I wish some of the younger fans could have witnessed what we were all lucky enough to see...

There was NOTHING like seeing that fedora roam the sidelines in the 70's... and we always knew there was a chance to win the game when Pearson and Staubach were in the game...

We always knew that Hill, Thomas or Dorsett could bust it open at any time... and we knew that Preston Pearson was money...

We all knew that Pearson, Allworth, Hill or Dupree would make the clutch catch...

We knew that going over the middle was hazardous to your health compliments of Harris and Waters...

We knew Harvey and Too Tall would pressure the QB...

We knew that you you never try to run on Cole, Andrie and Lilly...

We knew Lewis, Jordan, Henderson, White, Howlie or Bruenig would seriously bust you up if you managed to get past the DL...

It was always a quiet confidence... an heir of rightful passage... it's what made this the greatest franchise in sports...

Good times!

Great Post.

Yes TB we were blessed. I would not take anything for all the memories of my Cowboys.

That's why we older fans are so spoiled, picky and hard to please...........The reason younger fans at times have a hard time understanding why we are the way we are.

What fun it was knowing on Sunday afternoon we were going to win.

TooStupid

Talk is Cheap...Walk the Walk
Reaction score
trickblue said:
Man we have been bleesed with 44 years of great players... I wish some of the younger fans could have witnessed what we were all lucky enough to see...

There was NOTHING like seeing that fedora roam the sidelines in the 70's... and we always knew there was a chance to win the game when Pearson and Staubach were in the game...

We always knew that Hill, Thomas or Dorsett could bust it open at any time... and we knew that Preston Pearson was money...

We all knew that Pearson, Allworth, Hill or Dupree would make the clutch catch...

We knew that going over the middle was hazardous to your health compliments of Harris and Waters...

We knew Harvey and Too Tall would pressure the QB...

We knew that you you never try to run on Cole, Andrie and Lilly...

We knew Lewis, Jordan, Henderson, White, Howlie or Bruenig would seriously bust you up if you managed to get past the DL...

It was always a quiet confidence... an heir of rightful passage... it's what made this the greatest franchise in sports...

Good times!
Bein a youngin, I only get to witness most of these legends on espn classic. I really appreciate the history of the cowboys (esp. in long seasons like this!) I've read a lil more into Drew Pearson, just cause he's a fellow Jersey boy. Really appreciate the elders perspectives on our greats... Thanx

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
TooStupid said:
Bein a youngin, I only get to witness most of these legends on espn classic. I really appreciate the history of the cowboys (esp. in long seasons like this!) I've read a lil more into Drew Pearson, just cause he's a fellow Jersey boy. Really appreciate the elders perspectives on our greats... Thanx

Get "Once a Cowboy" by Walt Garrison... not only is it laugh out loud funny... it will give you great insight into who the Dallas Cowboys are... and what made them great...

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Wayne

I'm doing my part my man. There will be more utterly worthless threads coming your way.... Just wait

TooStupid

Talk is Cheap...Walk the Walk
Reaction score
trickblue said:
Get "Once a Cowboy" by Walt Garrison... not only is it laugh out loud funny... it will give you great insight into who the Dallas Cowboys are... and what made them great...
Will Do, thanx for the referral TB.

CowboysFan02

Degree or Bust
Reaction score
trickblue said:
Now... since youse and me are old-timers cbz... (and Juke)
dance_old.gif

Quiz:

#54...
Howlie or White

#22:
Bullet or Emmitt

Waters or Newman

Allworth or Key

Thomas or Dorsett

Meredith or Q (OH WAIT)

Deion or Julius

Pearson or Irvin

Hill or Harper

Garrison or Thurman

Edwards or Coakley

Green or Walker

I thought I smelled Ben-gay when I opened up the Senior Citzen Zone... I mean Off-topic zone. :shades:

:ref: We have multiple penalties on #88 CF02
15 yards Unsportsmanlike conduct.
5 yards Running on CBz's lawn.
replay 1st down.

trickblue

Reaction score
CowboysFan02 said:
I thought I smelled Ben-gay when I opened up the Senior Citzen Zone... I mean Off-topic zone. :shades:

replay 1st down.

Careful whipper-snapper... I may be 41 but I have the body of a spry 70 year old...

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
CowboysFan02 said:

replay 1st down.

Nice Sig.................one problem.........anyone running on my lawn....15 yd penalty my $$$........it's an ejection. :D

trickblue

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
Nice Sig.................one problem.........anyone running on my lawn....15 yd penalty my $$$........it's an ejection. :D

These youngin's doubt our ability to still kick arse don't they cbz... ;)

I wonder how many even know who that is in your avatar...

Brennan was greatness... "Support Your Local Sheriff" is STILL one of the funniest movies of all time...

CowboysFan02

Degree or Bust
Reaction score
trickblue said:
These youngin's doubt our ability to still kick arse don't they cbz... ;)

I wonder how many even know who that is in your avatar...

Brennan was greatness... "Support Your Local Sheriff" is STILL one of the funniest movies of all time...

Well the one on the left is a painting of CBz. But your right other then Landry I dont know who the others are. :D

trickblue

Reaction score
CowboysFan02 said:
Well the one on the left is a painting of CBz. But your right other then Landry I dont know who the others are. :D

Get the book... "Once a Cowboy"... that is an ORDER...

BTW... that is the great Walter Brennan in CBZ's avatar... if you heard him talk... you would know him...

FYI... rent "Support your Local Sheriff"... if you don't laugh your young ace off... I will pay for the rental... ;)

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
CowboysFan02 said:

CowboysFan02.......... #14 is Eddie LaBaron.........
1st QB for The Cowboys