Video: ‘We’re all overpaid,’ Jerry Jones says after signing Ezekiel Elliott to massive deal

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He got that right about being overpaid. They all are. Yet, we keep watching and buying.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
He is paying the guy the highest salary at his position two years before he had to. He definitely took it up the poop chute. Elliott said what he wanted and held firm, never negotiating. There will be more to come using this tactic. Guaranteed.

Polkton31

Reaction score
What does that have to do with the Gm job ..... He is a good owner

A general manager or GM is an executive who has overall responsibility for managing both the revenue and cost elements of a company's income statement, known as profit & loss (P&L) responsibility.
At least that is how Wiki defines it. But, given that he is both GM and Owner, I suppose your point of view is valid. However, you asked which GM with his record would still be employed. I answered that question. One that is also the owner. I thought that was pretty straight forward. Guess not.

BigD49

Reaction score
He is paying the guy the highest salary at his position two years before he had to. He definitely took it up the poop chute. Elliott said what he wanted and held firm, never negotiating. There will be more to come using this tactic. Guaranteed.
Difference is that Zeke actually deserves to receive the highest salary at his position...hopefully he takes a tougher stance when Cooper and Dak come knocking. Might be being too optimistic on my end :lmao2:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
A general manager or GM is an executive who has overall responsibility for managing both the revenue and cost elements of a company's income statement, known as profit & loss (P&L) responsibility.
At least that is how Wiki defines it. But, given that he is both GM and Owner, I suppose your point of view is valid. However, you asked which GM with his record would still be employed. I answered that question. One that is also the owner. I thought that was pretty straight forward. Guess not.

Gm in football is different from a normal corporation ....... Except in the Cowboys case.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
I totally agree that all entertainers....not just athletes are grossly overpaid. But, that's where we (society) choose to put our money. Says a lot about who we are doesn't it?

Imagine if we paid police officers or teachers that amount. That would change the trajectory of today's society, but alas, the Cabo Ewok gets paid as well as Ariana Grande, The Rock or any other social icon.

Polkton31

Reaction score
Gm in football is different from a normal corporation ....... Except in the Cowboys case.

If by "different" you mean that a GM in football handles football type transactions, I guess. In a corporation, a GM handles personnel transactions such as hiring, firing, setting salaries, and negotiating contracts. So, how exactly is a football GM any different than a GM for a large corporation, other than the fact he deals in the football industry instead of say, the entertainment industry? Just curious, as well as bored.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Zeke is like Tony Montana from Scarface right now...sitting in a safe house somewhere ,powder on his nose, counting his Benjamins with a machine..lol..is posse helping.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Difference is that Zeke actually deserves to receive the highest salary at his position...hopefully he takes a tougher stance when Cooper and Dak come knocking. Might be being too optimistic on my end :lmao2:

If Zeke were a free agent he has the argument to be highest paid RB in the league. He had two years left on his deal...Dallas should have paid less.