Video: ‘We’re all overpaid,’ Jerry Jones says after signing Ezekiel Elliott to massive deal

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The only thing Elliott cares about

giphy.gif

Well...... I have to admit, I kinda care about that lettuce stuff too.

:yourock:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He is paying the guy the highest salary at his position two years before he had to. He definitely took it up the poop chute. Elliott said what he wanted and held firm, never negotiating. There will be more to come using this tactic. Guaranteed.

Brother, he's really not. Check out the details of the contract. It's not to bad at all IMO.

BigD49

Reaction score
If Zeke were a free agent he has the argument to be highest paid RB in the league. He had two years left on his deal...Dallas should have paid less.
That's a fair point - you would think giving him an "advance" would correlate to some level discount from whatever Zeke's ideal was

Cmac

Reaction score
No JJ didn't......say it again JJ so the Zeke haters can hear it. Please mention there's some wearing Ski Mask on NFL payday each week too.

khiladi

Reaction score
Not really. Contracts are out of hand. Goff just got a major extension. Gordon, who is a RB, will get a big extension, and Barkley is licking his chops.

They aren’t out of hand relative to the TV revenues the owners are raking in. Fox gave 3.3 billion for the rights to Thursday Night Football and this was with the drop in ratings.

Plus, most of these salaries aren’t guaranteed anyways.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
The fans are the ones who overpay so others can get overpaid.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Is it just me, or are Jerry's interviews getting more and more cringey as he ages?

IMO, it's you.

I find that he is indeed- if absolutely nothing else- entertaining to this day. The man has star power. Ever see him in public? People flock to him like he's Elvis and he is absolutely gracious to the fans always.