“Red Flag” draft pick

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Alright so we know there is a high chance we are taking someone with red flags. Someone with a troubled pass or injury that drops them. Usually around the 2nd or 3rd round but we seem to always take a chance on these guys. For better or worse. Gregory, Jaylon, Sean Lee, Bruce Carter just to name a few. We can be realist about it or complain about the “***” but it can and will happen.

If we miss out on DL like Kinlaw, Brown, or Chaisson in the 1st and maybe shore up another position,

With our 2nd pick I can see the team taking a chance on...

Raekwon Davis

Last edited:

HellCrowe

Reaction score
To top it off he’s skipping the senior bowl. The boys must be salivating over him right about now

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
I didn't know anything about him.

Has all the tools you need to be an elite DT. Had a big Sophomore season in 2017 leading some to speculate that he could could turn out to be the best DT in Tide history, only to see his numbers go way down in 2018. Returned for his SR season with high expectations but only gave more of the 2018 version and never lived up to the hype.

Many are starting to believe that his 2017 season may have been just a by-product of playing next to Da'Ron Payne. His stock is certainly falling.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Overreacting much?

I think you missed the point. Definitely not an overreact. We’ve done it multiple times.

Pot smoker, check
Torn ACL, check
Depression, check
May no be able to play again, check

hyperrpg-game-reaction-cXVJ89BFVTSH5oS83r

Reclamation projects no matter how bad they sound is what we do. Skipping the senior bowl while another red flag may not deter them from taking him. Like I said, it should be reality for many of us since it has and can happen

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
I think you missed the point. Definitely not an overreact. We’ve done it multiple times.

Pot smoker, check
Torn ACL, check
Depression, check
May no be able to play again, check

hyperrpg-game-reaction-cXVJ89BFVTSH5oS83r

Reclamation projects no matter how bad they sound is what we do. Skipping the senior bowl while another red flag may not deter them from taking him. Like I said, it should be reality for many of us since it has and can happen

Pretty sure there was a report of Saban telling him to skip the Senior Bowl. Something to do with his ankle and not putting out a good productive week, because of said injury.

Not trying to sway you either way, just trying to be informative.

Let me do some digging.

conner01

Reaction score
I don’t know about red flags but his production seems to scream late rnd pick to me

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I need to watch more but he looks alright and at that size he looks the part of a 3-4 DE or a 4-3 DT.
Yea....I don't like drafting guys who "look alright" in the 2nd round.

I think he's probably an NFL player, there just isn't really much upside there.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yea....I don't like drafting guys who "look alright" in the 2nd round.

I think he's probably an NFL player, there just isn't really much upside there.

Is there a DT in the draft that you like?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Is there a DT in the draft that you like?
Brown and Kinlaw. lol

There are a bunch that I like...it just depends on where they're being taken. In the second round at this point, I'd prefer Madabuike, Johnson and maybe even Murchison over Davis. I just don't think run stoppers have much value in the first 100 picks or so.

kskboys

Reaction score
Brown and Kinlaw. lol

There are a bunch that I like...it just depends on where they're being taken. In the second round at this point, I'd prefer Madabuike, Johnson and maybe even Murchison over Davis. I just don't think run stoppers have much value in the first 100 picks or so.
Agree. A run stopper must also have pocket collapsing ability to be worthy of a top 100 pick. Guys like Eddie Goldman, Kenny Clark, DJ Reader, Da'ron Payne, Brandon Mebane. Those guys are easily top 20 picks in a redraft.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
As a third day pick, I could kick the tires, but he's not a Top 100 guy to me.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jerry loves him some risk.

It usually blows up in his face, but that's the advantage we enjoy here as Cowboys fans, if y'all recall....he can keep coming back for more.