“Something big” could be coming for 49ers"

Reaction score
“Something big” could be coming for 49ers
Posted by Mike Florio on October 23, 2015, 12:48 PM EDT
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptfmmzdhodgxyjaxmjc1ztezmjlkmzk3ndvmyzm1mmm5-e1445618906981.jpeg
AP
Last year, after the 49ers lost 19-3 to the Seahawks at home on Thanksgiving night, owner Jed York personally apologized — and the daughter of G.M. Trent Baalke sounded off.

This year, the 49ers lost 20-3 to the Seahawks at home. There have been no public proclamations of apology, and no Twitter rants. Yet. But there could be something, eventually.

“I’ve heard whispers behind the scenes that something big could happen,” Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com said after Thursday’s game. “I don’t know what it’s going to be. I don’t know what they’re talking about. But clearly the 49ers can’t go on this way. The coaching staff looks overmatched, the players look overmatched. The 49ers were plain and simple overmatched today against a team that came in with four losses. . . . There are a lot of very upset people in the 49ers organization.”

link to rest of story: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

-------------------------------------------
I'm scratching my head over the Colin Kaepernick situation, is he really that bad or are his struggles more the result of the **** show the 49rs have become? I can't recall a bigger riches to rags story then this here. Guy get his team to a Super Bowl one year, the Championship game the following.....signs a mega contract and then falls off a cliff.

Wanted to hear some thoughts/opinions of some zoners. This article speaks of rumors of something big happening soon in SanFran.....could he and his big contract get cut?

Stryker44

Reaction score
Alex Smith is coming home - and York will apologize by calling him Master after selling him out for Kaepernick along with Harbaugh.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kap to Philly before the trade deadline.

joseephuss

Reaction score
"Something big" happened to the 49ers all summer long.

Even though Kap isn't much he is still a better QB than Alex Smith.

Stryker44

Reaction score
"Something big" happened to the 49ers all summer long.

Even though Kap isn't much he is still a better QB than Alex Smith.

They sold out Alex Smith, who had the team at 13-3 and a contender, for Kaepernick because of RGIII and the running QB bias. Kapernick is not better, at all.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade anything higher than a 6th rounder on him.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Possible, but I think Buffalo is a more likely destination.

Nothing big happens when somebody goes to Buffalo. Maybe Buffalo gives up something big in return.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
The demise of the 9ers shouldn't surprise anyone, they had the offseason from hell. If they go into firesale mode the cupboard is pretty bare.

joseephuss

Reaction score
They sold out Alex Smith, who had the team at 13-3 and a contender, for Kaepernick because of RGIII and the running QB bias. Kapernick is not better, at all.

Sold out? The guy isn't that good. Neither one of them is very good. That is why both of their teams are currently a combined 3-10. Of the two I would go with Kap, but I would rather not have to choose between either of those two guys.

remdak

Reaction score
Something big is probably just an offensive coordinator change or something like that.