“Sunshine’s Stock Plummeting”?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Winning the CFB Championship or postseason success isn’t a predictor for NFL success for a QB prospect.

The historical data going back 40+ years demonstrate that.

Thank you for making this key point.

It’s almost like a QB “carrying the team to a championship” is nonsense. Even for the best college and pro QB’s.

kskboys

Reaction score
Did Trevor “Sunshine” Lawrence lose his “shine” enough to fall out of favor as the perceived #1 overall pick? Losing to OSU won’t help his cause?
No. He's a Jaguar.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
His stock went down with me but not until after the game: He and Justin Fields shook hands and Fields said, "good game". Lawrence responded by saying, "I'll take it."

texbumthelife

Reaction score
When the greatest criticisms about a QB come in a 400 yard, 2 score performance, I think he's still a lock for the top spot. His anticipation, touch, ability to diagnose, and mobility are all elite. Anyone saying Lawrence passed him doesn't know how to evaluate QBs or is trying to spin a narrative. Lawrence has the top spot on lock down.

John813

Reaction score
Unless you get a video of him smoking crack at a Klan meeting I feel confident that he'll go #1 overall.

He isn't the best out of a weak QB class, aka 2018 draft.

This is a good QB draft class and he's always been #1.

I feel bad for him in that he's going to be way overhyped on a bad Jags team. He'll have WR talent to work with but that defense is a train wreck

Beaker42

Reaction score
Why? Goldie is by far the better pro prospect.
Fields showed toughness and ability to overcome adversity - something I didn’t see from Sunshine. He wilted like spinach under a good hot bacon dressing.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Unless you get a video of him smoking crack at a Klan meeting I feel confident that he'll go #1 overall.

I feel bad for him in that he's going to be way overhyped on a bad Jags team. He'll have WR talent to work with but that defense is a train wreck

Let me see if I can dig something up.

Motorola

Reaction score
Did Trevor “Sunshine” Lawrence lose his “shine” enough to fall out of favor as the perceived #1 overall pick? Losing to OSU won’t help his cause?
I’m not sold on Sunshine.
I’d take Fields over Goldilocks at this point
Fields showed toughness and ability to overcome adversity - something I didn’t see from Sunshine. He wilted like spinach under a good hot bacon dressing.
I noticed on Cowboys Zone that all the members that think Trevor Lawrence is not the best QB in the upcoming draft \ will not make it in the NFL - feel the need to disparage the player by calling him 'Sunshine', 'Goldilocks', etc.
There have been other college players that have unique or unusual hairstyles (multicolored braids & dreads, ponytails, mohawks, cut-in patterns & symbols)
---but no one makes references to their hairdos when giving an opinion about their chance for success in the league.
Interesting.

Verdict

Reaction score
I noticed on Cowboys Zone that all the members that think Trevor Lawrence is not the best QB in the upcoming draft \ will not make it in the NFL - feel the need to disparage the player by calling him 'Sunshine', 'Goldilocks', etc.
There have been other college players that have unique or unusual hairstyles (multicolored braids & dreads, ponytails, mohawks, cut-in patterns & symbols)
---but no one makes references to their hairdos when giving an opinion about their chance for success in the league.
Interesting.
LMAO. couple of points of order here:

1. I did call him sunshine.
2. Calling him Sunshine is not a disparaging remark.
3. NO WHERE have I ever said anything about his actions/appearance will affect his ability to be a good NFL QB.
4. Opinions are just that, opinions, and everyone is entitled to theirs. Yours is no better than mine or anyone else's.
5. Its one thing to be the QB of a stacked college team, and quite another to lead an NFL team where the talent level is not that one sided.

Do you think that in the NFL Sunshine will have the luxury of his surrounding cast having an almost man for man advantage across the board?

Verdict

Reaction score

What is that based on? Media hype?