'08 Draft- McFadden gone - and your next pick is???

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
LatinMind;1542691 said:
exactly what im saying. most of the people who are on jacksons jockstrap havent even seen him play if they're believing the whole 172, 6ft mess. the guy is skinny, and he's not very tall. im not saying jackson shouldnt go 1st rd, because thats obviously talent wise. but with clevelands pick if its top 5? no way in hell. trade down, and try to get him, if not oh well, theres mario manningham, and limas sweed. and dont forget this name, devon bess from hawaii. besides, unless theres a calvin johnson in the draft which there isnt, i think jerry has shown that he wont pick a wr in the 1st round.

1) I assume you're talking about me, since I'm about the only one thinking he has to be considered... but I have seen Jackson play in person.

2) I think he will probably go first round. I'm not expecting us to consider him with our first pick, assuming that's in the top 10.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1542722 said:
I'm more inclined to taking a WR w/ our original pick, but that's just what I'm thinking, I have no idea how the college year and the draft is going to unfold, so I'm just running through some scenarios till then

about trading down, it depends on where we pick, if we're in the top 10, it's hard to find takers as we all saw how Washington was trying so hard to trade down but found none

true, but if there was a franchise QB there the likes of brohm, i'd see alot of action.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
peplaw06;1542723 said:
1) I assume you're talking about me, since I'm about the only one thinking he has to be considered... but I have seen Jackson play in person.

2) I think he will probably go first round. I'm not expecting us to consider him with our first pick, assuming that's in the top 10.

not really you. im talking about the people who havent seen him that are going by what the cal website says. then u seeing him in person u know that those numbers are embelished. has he's skinny, but really isnt any taller then say terry glenn. can he add weight? maybe, but not 20 lbs. maybe 8-10 at the most.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
peplaw06;1542659 said:
How do you know exactly how tall Moss is? Where did you get that info? Was it a "website?"

And you certainly can't make a comparison from a television camera. You have no idea what is going on outside the camera. You don't know the angle the camera is shooting from, you don't know if they're equidistant from the lens. You don't know what kind of shoes Moss or Jackson are wearing.... etc.

Certainly you don't think a camera = seeing it with your own eyes. Even you can't believe that.

How much does he weigh?
Maybe it's all a fake. Maybe it's CGI staged by NASA at Roswell. :cool:

Dude, I know you've got common sense. Just use it.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
LatinMind;1542700 said:
im not even concern about wr in 08. owens will be back at a bargain price of 7 mil. glenn will be back, witten will be back. dallas will need a wr to fill in craytons role. somebody is going to steal him away like the pats stole welker.

a 2nd or a 3rd on a wr is fine with me.

i'd rather see dallas get a CB, RB, OL, or a QB if romo fails before a wr in the 1st round.

Ok your a Jackson H8R we get that.

now, he is not the tallest or the heaviest but when he runs a 40 at the combine that will all go out the window.

4.25 impresses people that way.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
theogt;1542740 said:
Maybe it's all a fakse. Maybe it's CGI taged by NASA at Roswell. :cool:

The NFL does use CGI though, did you think it was a coincidence that Barry Sanders started to shake like his pants were on fire around the mid 90's??

nah man the dot com boom boosted CGI so much they couldn't resist.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
J.Jones21;1542785 said:
Ok your a Jackson H8R we get that.

now, he is not the tallest or the heaviest but when he runs a 40 at the combine that will all go out the window.

4.25 impresses people that way.

if 40 times meant anything, randal williams would have been 1st overal pick

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
Bizwah;1542409 said:
I knew someone would bring this up.

First of all, big difference in being 5-9 185 and being 6-0 166. We're talking 20-25 pounds.

Being so slight enables DBs to easily knock him off his route. Both Smith and Moss are pretty solid builds.

Totally different body shapes we're talking about here.

And yes, he has the frame to carry more weight. But can he without losing his speed? Pinkston had the frame too......did he ever gain the weight?

Not to mention that almost all the players lie about their weight and hieght....

superpunk

Reaction score
Problem solved. I used my CSI powers.

http://img512.*************/img512/4761/jacksonjm0.gif

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Vintage;1542897 said:

hmm...guess it just didn't really seem to funny to me.

different jokes for different folks i suppose.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
LatinMind;1542792 said:
if 40 times meant anything, randal williams would have been 1st overal pick

40 times don't mean everything, but they do mean something.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
theogt;1542740 said:
Maybe it's all a fake. Maybe it's CGI staged by NASA at Roswell. :cool:

Common sense? So you stating that you can tell how tall a guy is from one camera shot is using common sense? And depending on that rather than every single piece of information written on the guy? If common sense is believe what you see on TV despite being told otherwise 99% of the time, then I guess I don't have any.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
superpunk;1542843 said:
Problem solved. I used my CSI powers.

http://img512.*************/img512/4761/jacksonjm0.gif
QFT... Early nomination for post of the month.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
peplaw06;1542980 said:
Common sense? So you stating that you can tell how tall a guy is from one camera shot is using common sense? And depending on that rather than every single piece of information written on the guy? If common sense is believe what you see on TV despite being told otherwise 99% of the time, then I guess I don't have any.
I'm just saying, college websites routinely lie about players' sizes. Once a team website puts up measurements, then all the other sites just copy what they have. Teams do this to help their own players. It would help DeSean tremendously if he was 6' instead of 5'9-1/2" (or whatever he is). There were a handful of players this year that were 2-3 inches shorter than their previously listed heights. It happens every year.

Of course we know Randy Moss's real height. He was measured at the Combine. Moss could be standing on a stool. Or DeSean could be walking on his knees in that shot, but common sense tells me that none of those things are likely to be occurring. And it's not camera angle -- they're standing right next to each other. He's just tiny. If you don't have a problem with him being tiny (as you've said before) that's fine. I do.

Maybe his playmaking ability can overcome that. But Parcells told Ireland one very nice piece of advice -- to limit your margin for error.