09 mock

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2382076 said:
Albert Haynesworth came from Tennessee ;)

it's cool though

Yes, but that was a handful of years ago, before the Vols recruiting went completely into the crapper. I am speaking about Tennessee over the last 3 years. I am sorry, but Fulmer just can't recruit worth a crap anymore.

BTW, so did Goodrich and how did he work out for us.....it's ok, at least we got a great TE from that crap school....btw, didn't Alvin Harper come from Tennessee?

Also, didn't Reggie White go to Tennessee?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2382082 said:
Yes, but that was a handful of years ago, before the Vols recruiting went completely into the crapper. I am speaking about Tennessee over the last 3 years. I am sorry, but Fulmer just can't recruit worth a crap anymore.

BTW, so did Goodrich and how did he work out for us.....it's ok, at least we got a great TE from that crap school....btw, didn't Alvin Harper come from Tennessee?

Also, didn't Reggie White go to Tennessee?

didn't Mike Singletary last play for Baylor in the '70s?

c'mon man, and you know defense is a team game, one player does not make a team good or bad, just look at the individual performances, and Stryker forces a crapload of fumbles, an obvious need on this D

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2382084 said:
didn't Mike Singletary last play for Baylor in the '70s?

c'mon man, and you know defense is a team game, one player does not make a team good or bad, just look at the individual performances, and Stryker forces a crapload of fumbles, an obvious need on this D

you asked my opinion on the players.....i gave it to you...no need to get all emotional...hehehehe

was stryker on the field against OSU or UT? I wouldn't know, never heard his name called. In fact, I didn't really hear any defensive player's name called against either team.

he is a DE right? does he ever drop back into coverage? how fast is he? cause he wont be a DE for us...he will have to be a LB. He will have to cover occasionally. We cant have him as a liability in coverage.

BTW, I dont know if I would draft Pawelek, I just brought him up to see what you thought of him. I am impressed with his football instincts and IQ. However, he seems to be more of a plodder at LB. I could actually see him playing for NE or Miami.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2382097 said:
you asked my opinion on the players.....i gave it to you...no need to get all emotional...hehehehe

I never get emotional on here

Biggems said:
was stryker on the field against OSU or UT? I wouldn't know, never heard his name called. In fact, I didn't really hear any defensive player's name called against either team.

and? he's surely not the 1st player to get stopped cold against good teams, the guy is only 250, maybe he needs to be away from the line at OLB in a 3-4

Biggems said:
he is a DE right? does he ever drop back into coverage? how fast is he? cause he wont be a DE for us...he will have to be a LB. He will have to cover occasionally. We cant have him as a liability in coverage.

1st of all, he is a DE

and 2nd of all, he probably isn't asked to drop into coverage much playing in a 4-3, so he'll have to work on that in the pros

and 3rd of all, he'll be the 4th OLB at best, so he'll have time to do it

biggems said:
BTW, I dont know if I would draft Pawelek, I just brought him up to see what you thought of him. I am impressed with his football instincts and IQ. However, he seems to be more of a plodder at LB. I could actually see him playing for NE or Miami.

he looks like an ILB in the 3-4 to me, but if he's a plodder, he wouldn't be the 1st ILB I would take

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
well at this point, id take that snickers wrapper from the early 90s over Bobby Crapenter......i bet that wrapper could make more plays.

i honestly dont care who we get....i enjoy doing these mocks and discussing different players....but it seems Dallas rarely drafts anyone i am interested in....

I wanted Donnie Avery last year for instance.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2382107 said:
well at this point, id take that snickers wrapper from the early 90s over Bobby Crapenter......i bet that wrapper could make more plays.

i honestly dont care who we get....i enjoy doing these mocks and discussing different players....but it seems Dallas rarely drafts anyone i am interested in....

I wanted Donnie Avery last year for instance.

I wanted DeSean Jackson :(

I liked Avery too, but I wouldn't have taken him as high as the Rams did, it's working out for them though

I enjoy the discussions too