1-28-22 Mock

The Realist

Reaction score
Tyler Lindenbaum #16 highest rated player on the board at pick 24. NC QB ranked 21 I think and Dean 24.

Philly took Sauce, Lloyd and Ojabo. Yikes.

1) Tyler Lindenbaum C
2) Zion Johnson G
3) Damone Clark LB
4a) Matt Henningsen DT
4b) Lucas Krull TE
5) Kerby Joseph FS
6) Marcus Jones CB/KR/PR

cnuball21

Reaction score
You’re becoming predictable going OL in the 1st 2 rounds every time…gotta switch it up!

Sydla

Reaction score
Love the first two picks. That fixes the OL for sure. Smith, Johnson, Linderbaum, Martin and Collins is one talented OL.

Xavier187

Reaction score
Love the first two picks. That fixes the OL for sure. Smith, Johnson, Linderbaum, Martin and Collins is one talented OL.

I think Collins is gonna be traded.
H
From what alot of folks are saying he pissed alot of people off

Xavier187

Reaction score
But the same thing can be said about Cooper.

He pissed some people off aswell.

Taking himself out of games.
Not being vaxed.
Doing carelessness stuff off the field to get himself sick.

Plus they really aren't using him wright.

Sydla

Reaction score
But the same thing can be said about Cooper.

He pissed some people off aswell.

Taking himself out of games.
Not being vaxed.
Doing carelessness stuff off the field to get himself sick.

Plus they really aren't using him wright.

I really think Cooper could be a trade candidate. He's a big cap savings.

The only issue is I can't remember the last time the Cowboys have traded away players. They seem to just acquire them. A quick look shows the Cowboys have made only two trades in the last decade where they traded a player for a pick.

The Realist

Reaction score
You’re becoming predictable going OL in the 1st 2 rounds every time…gotta switch it up!

In my earlier mocks I was going Lloyd, Dean, Brandon Smith even or Jermaine Johnson. Most of the issues with our team have a root cause of a horrible OL (lack of running game and inability to protect Dak against good teams). Heck we couldn’t protect Dak vs SF with Bosa and Werner out of the game. The lack of running game also effects our D because we can’t dominate time of possesion, keep them fresh, and we can’t just grind it out at end of games and put teams away.

Xavier187

Reaction score
I really think Cooper could be a trade candidate. He's a big cap savings.

The only issue is I can't remember the last time the Cowboys have traded away players. They seem to just acquire them. A quick look shows the Cowboys have made only two trades in the last decade where they traded a player for a pick.

I aswell but again what did the Boys do when he wasn't there?
Choke.

I see it like this if you do a big move like that you better make a big move to replace.

Tank is on blast there is no way he goes into next season making 27 million.

I would venture to say this.
They will approach Cooper see if he will restructure.
If they don't think it's worth it they could send him to the Chiefs for there 1st.

But then you have to replace. Either draft or FA or both. So the logic is what to do?

Same with Tank they are gonna restructure his deal. And they well save some cash.

But again there will be FA who will wanna play for DQ. And that's where things get interesting.
VON MILLER?

Sydla

Reaction score
I aswell but again what did the Boys do when he wasn't there?
Choke.

I see it like this if you do a big move like that you better make a big move to replace.

Tank is on blast there is no way he goes into next season making 27 million.

I would venture to say this.
They will approach Cooper see if he will restructure.
If they don't think it's worth it they could send him to the Chiefs for there 1st.

But then you have to replace. Either draft or FA or both. So the logic is what to do?

Same with Tank they are gonna restructure his deal. And they well save some cash.

But again there will be FA who will wanna play for DQ. And that's where things get interesting.
VON MILLER?

Lawrence is likely staying. They don't need to even go to him to request a restructure. They will just convert his base salary to a bonus.

Same with Cooper. Now they could go to him to see if he'd take a pay cut or cut down future base salaries but if not, they'll just restructure by converting his base to a bonus as well if they want to keep him.

Xavier187

Reaction score
Lawrence is likely staying. They don't need to even go to him to request a restructure. They will just convert his base salary to a bonus.

Same with Cooper. Now they could go to him to see if he'd take a pay cut or cut down future base salaries but if not, they'll just restructure by converting his base to a bonus as well if they want to keep him.

Either way there are changes comming

cnuball21

Reaction score
In my earlier mocks I was going Lloyd, Dean, Brandon Smith even or Jermaine Johnson. Most of the issues with our team have a root cause of a horrible OL (lack of running game and inability to protect Dak against good teams). Heck we couldn’t protect Dak vs SF with Bosa and Werner out of the game. The lack of running game also effects our D because we can’t dominate time of possesion, keep them fresh, and we can’t just grind it out at end of games and put teams away.

I here you but if we draft need in the 1st and 2nd round my gut says we took need over talent.

The Realist

Reaction score
I here you but if we draft need in the 1st and 2nd round my gut says we took need over talent.

If you’re drafting a C at 24 who is a walk in top ~5-7 center you aren’t reaching. At 24 you’ll be lucky to see 1-2 top 15 talents slide to you.

cnuball21

Reaction score
If you’re drafting a C at 24 who is a walk in top ~5-7 center you aren’t reaching. At 24 you’ll be lucky to see 1-2 top 15 talents slide to you.

I guess I’d disagree Linderbaum is a walk in top 5 Center.

His size is a bit concerning and I think he’s scheme dependent to reach potential. Solid prospect but this top 10/15 talk is wild to me. Dude is nowhere near the prospect that someone like Quinton Nelson was as an interior OL prospect.

The Realist

Reaction score
I guess I’d disagree Linderbaum is a walk in top 5 Center.

His size is a bit concerning and I think he’s scheme dependent to reach potential. Solid prospect but this top 10/15 talk is wild to me. Dude is nowhere near the prospect that someone like Quinton Nelson was as an interior OL prospect.

Not sure why you would compare him to a top 5 guard. What makes obvious sense is to compare him to other first round centers. When’s the last time you saw a college center this dominate…to the point that everyone is raving about how good he is months before the draft.

I realize he may not be a scheme fit for us….just like TJ Watt wasn’t.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
First 3 picks are all worthy of their selection. Clark is one of my favorite mid-round players. Very productive.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Ill just role with the best player. We can switch up some stuff on the Oline and come back better next year. I would look into a BPA for D and O.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Not sure why you would compare him to a top 5 guard. What makes obvious sense is to compare him to other first round centers. When’s the last time you saw a college center this dominate…to the point that everyone is raving about how good he is months before the draft.

I realize he may not be a scheme fit for us….just like TJ Watt wasn’t.

Im comparing him bc interior OL players traditionally don’t go top 10/15 unless they are legit blue chippers. Nelson was, Linderbaum isn’t IMO. I think that’s what we disagree on and that’s fair.

Whoever said Watt wasn’t a scheme fit is a complete idiot. That dude was a stud that would’ve been successful in any scheme…maybe our team was concerned about the medicals.